Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
one23

Christchurch Earthquake

I'm going into town in a bit to help the neighbourhood around my school with the cleanup, so I might get some pictures, or I'll just describe it to you.

You're doing a great thing.

Also, everyone around here is more concerned that Justin Bieber got a haircut that barely changes the way he looks.

I'm going into town in a bit to help the neighbourhood around my school with the cleanup, so I might get some pictures, or I'll just describe it to you.

You're doing a great thing.

Also, everyone around here is more concerned that Justin Bieber got a haircut that barely changes the way he looks.

Just got back from shovelling sand for 5 hours. It's backbreaking work, some of the houses are pretty messed up.

The tallest building in Christchurch is apparently on a lean, and is on the verge of collapsing. I'm guessing it'll probably collapse sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Someone in my English class's mum died. It really sucks. :D

Edited by Kemosabe

75 confirmed dead, 300 missing.

My aunties next door neighbor had a building collapse onto her arm and had to have it amputated while giving birth to her baby which isn't expected to live :D

Bad days in New Zealand.

I'm in Christchurch and everyone I know is okay, thankfully. If anyone wants to donate, the Red Cross here are taking donations, not sure if they'll accept international credit cards etc. though.

Special thanks to the Australian government for donating $5 million to the Red Cross Appeal. :D

Special thanks to the Australian government for donating $5 million to the Red Cross Appeal. :D

Oh my gawd kemo said something good about Australia!

Yeah we are doing our best to help, it was all over the news this morning. Horrific stuff.

I'm in Christchurch and everyone I know is okay, thankfully. If anyone wants to donate, the Red Cross here are taking donations, not sure if they'll accept international credit cards etc. though.

I'm sure they will. If they do, they can probably expect at least half the donations to come from credit cards overseas.

Glad to hear that nobody you know has been killed, Kem0, although I feel awful for your classmate. :D Thanks for all your work, I'm sure New Zealand is grateful.

Ughhh... judging from the pictures, Christchurch must be a terrible place to be right now.

No clue on whether they do or not - the New Zealand Red Cross website is not available for me.

@you guise: :D

EDIT: Australia Red Cross allows donations - via credit card only, though. <.<

EDIT: the Italian Red Cross allows PayPal donations. The site is in Italian and there is no New Zealand 2011 option. NEW ZEALAND DOES NOT EXIST

Edited by Arianna

Try the new zealand red cross. 80% dont have running water and there is a good chance its sewage contaminated. 40% have no power. The Prime Minister just talked on breakfast and he looks like absolute shizzle along with everyone else.

I read about this on the newspapers today, it's terrific to hear something like this happened and I'm sure it's even more terrific to see it happen like some of you did.

I really hope all Sal's members that live in NZ are ok. :D

Try the new zealand red cross. 80% dont have running water and there is a good chance its sewage contaminated. 40% have no power. The Prime Minister just talked on breakfast and he looks like absolute shizzle along with everyone else.
the New Zealand Red Cross website is not available for me

Now it's available, but overseas donations are not available. The site lists the Australian and the UK Red Cross sites, though neither allows PayPal donations. <.<

The Prime Minister just talked on breakfast and he looks like absolute shizzle along with everyone else.
*Arianna bites tongue about Italian disaster responses

Almost 100 confirmed dead :(

Truly shocking, the disaster this has caused is simply unbearable. My heart goes out to all the deceased and their families :D

Saw this on the news a few days ago and thought of the all NZers on Sal's, so I'm glad you're all alright :D

It's absolutely terrible this has happened :( My thoughts are with all of you.

Someone in my English class's mum died. It really sucks. :D

That's heart breaking. Really do hope things improve rapidly :(.

I'm going to start ignoring whats happening now, it's all thats talked about (and for good reason) but only thinking about/seeing that all day is just crap.

I'm from Tauranga which is obviously well away from Christchurch but you can truely sense the sadness around the country. My friends and I organised a donation box for our school athletics days on Wednesday/Friday and managed to raise just over $2000. Might not seem like much but heres hoping we are able to help even just one person.

Watching the news coverage every night, its just devastating.