Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Young Leo

The Lord Of The Rings Online

Currently a level 32 Dwarf Champion on Crickhollow, working on a lower level one as well.

Anyone else play? :D

Well, it was made free sometime ago by Turbine, so they revamped the system. It's sort of like RS's membership system, except there are 'deeds' in-game that are achieved by completing quests or killing NPC's. Most of them give you Turbine Points that can be used to buy extra stuff. You can use real money to buy the Points as well.

The game is based during The Fellowship of the Ring, and has most of the well-known landmarks in LOTR (Bree, Rivendell, etc.), and the addition of a few others. There's even a quest chain that follows the actual storyline of the series. :D

I have a level 23 (I think) Elven Hunter, but it's way too laggy on my computer so I haven't played in like a year.

Yeah I play it, although I'm jumping between it and World of Warcraft, so it's a lot of back and forth. Great game considering it's free, and if you're smart about unlocking content, it got amazing prospects for having fun. :D

I'm installing it right now. It's at 26% but it's being abnormally slow. :D

I'm a 36 Elven Lore-Master.

Thinking of making a Champion or a Guardian. Being an LM sucks.

Try a warden or captain or something.

Got a 33 Human hunter, 25 Dwarf Rune-keeper and a 25 Human Captain + some lowbie (10ish) Hobbit Warden and an Elf Champion.

Hunters are okay. They're a traditional ranged nuke-class so nothing specific, it just gets a bit iffy once targets swarm you.

The captain is great. Really good melee attacks and good self-healing to last, the smoothest class of my 3 "higher" characters at the moment.

The Rune-Keeper is a bit of both. DPS-wise, he's great. Healing-wise, he's also great. DPSing and then having to heal yourself because you get swarmed.... not as great, attunments are annoying like that, but he does have a lot of good CC and slows so that's a major plus.

From what I've tried of the warden so far, he's definately the most efficient grind char. He kills rapidly and got strong self-healing, I think I'm going to like him.

As for the Champion, he's... well he's a melee char, far better at it than the captain, but I worry slightly about his survivability. I do hope he got good AOE skills so he's not a melee version of the hunter in which I get raped if I end up being swarmed (the hunter is really bad with that).

At the moment I'm taking the game a bit slow, I need to focus on studies and I have some things I'm forced to do on WoW, so I can't play that much, but I also don't play because of a specific plan I have.

I bought 5k Turbine Points when there was a sale, so I earned about 1900 extra points for that. Then I've been buying quest-packs when they're on sale (Got lothlorien, Moria expansion, Enedwaith and Siege of Mirkwood + 1 more I believe which I can't quite remember), then I bought 2 extra char slots when those were 50% off.

What I'll do is that I'll get 4-5 chars above level 20 on the server I'm playing on, make 21 chars (7 character limit x 3 servers, just got to find 2 servers that I'd play on at a later time if I must), then subscribe and log in on all those chars to get about 35 auction slots per realm, get 4-5 free riding skills, all the inventory bags and the virtues and traits and removing the goldcap completely.

If I do that right, I'll end up saving about 3 times what I would spend, getting the perks and since I got time anyway, I can just sit and wait for the various discounts and pick up cheap things before advancing. :(

Still got 4k Turbine points left too, for things like shared storage, Angmar + Evendim questpack, and some other stuff I'd possibly want. :D

Had downloaded the installer and was installing it until I noticed how large the file was. I think I'll wait until just before our broadband caps get reset.

Had downloaded the installer and was installing it until I noticed how large the file was. I think I'll wait until just before our broadband caps get reset.

Well you're basically downloading the data of the game + 2 expansions in one, so it's large for a reason. :D

The reason why it's all the data in one is to make it easier to access quest content you purchase ingame, just so you don't have to patch between purchases.

Still got 4k Turbine points left too, for things like shared storage, Angmar + Evendim questpack, and some other stuff I'd possibly want. :D

Nice. I've only got about 130 since I'm F2P and spent most of mine on ingredient packs, AH slots, and the horse trait. Hoping to get enough for Evendim or Trollshaws by the time I reach level 40 or so.

Actually, aren't you more likely to get Evendim after Lonely Lands then Angmar at 40? They're currently revamping Evendim on their test realm to make it better between 30-40 so to make it the logical successor to buy after you finish Lonely Lands at around 32. :D

I tried it for a while, but it seemed pretty boring compared to WoW, even though it's older. I ended up as a level 10 Elf Hunter.

At 40 you'd be fine for either of them, though I'd prefer trollshaws. When I was 34ish I gave trollshaws a shot and could only do a few quests. Evendim I'm doing now is geared more to 30s-40s while trollshaws is 40s-50.

Why would you do Trollshaws at 40+ when you could do Angmar though? :D

If anything, that should be the pack to get first of those two, or even over Forochel and Misty Mountains. A new player would technically finish up by going Lonely Lands -> Evendim -> Angmar -> Moria -> Mirkwood (I guess?).

Then they can just buy other stuff once they save up TPs after they've gotten the above 5. :(

Trollshaws has a ton of 40+ quests. And especially as an LM where you can't take on hordes of enemies at once, it's best to do them at a higher level.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really struggled with the group quests around GA in Lonely Lands because my hunter was fairly bad at handling 2-3 mobs or even a single elite mob that's quite tough. :D

You're probably right, Yuanrang; I'll save up for Evendim once I get enough TP. Might have to use my own money to get there. I do remember a couple months ago when I bought Lone-Lands for 75 TP, and then finding out it was made free a couple weeks later.

:D

I have a level 21 Elf Rune-Keeper on Crickhollow. Although i'm not playing atm since I got minecraft.

Game looks pretty interesting, what race should i be?

Depends on the class. I have an Elf and a Human.

Every class got some positive and negative issues.

For instance, the hobbit gets -8 or something in might, which is bad for melee classes, but later in the game, you get a racial trait (think of it as a equippable talent) that gives you +20 might, which means the total bonus is +12.

Pick the class first, then think about races. :D

Some races also don't have accesses to other classes; for example, I don't think Hobbits can become Champions and Dwarves can't play as Lore-Masters. The most balanced overall race would probably be Humans or Elves.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.