Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NathsTheName

Retro Gaming

To kick things off, I recently dug out my old Sega Megadrive and was originally going to sell it, it's been in the attic for god knows how many years!

So before I put it aside ready for sale, I thought I would test it, make sure it worked (because the person I ended up selling it to wouldn't be very impressed if it didn't work ;] )

However, upon powering it up my curiosity got the better of me - I popped in my Streets of Rage cartridge and began to game and all the memories came flooding back.

Since this little discovery, I decided not to sell my Megadrive, and it is now sat in my front room ready to be played at my pleasure - and I assure you, I have been sneaking a quick session in before starting dinner, or going to work :')

Has anybody else come across a similar situation, dug out an old console and just got hooked into playing again?

also, what is your absolute favourite retro console and/or game?

:D

Oh my god I loved my Genesis. I have nearly every Sonic game for it. Sonic games were my entire childhood. I even have the ones that everybody hated like Sonic R and Sonic Fighters.

Except I can understand why people hated Sonic Fighters. :D

SIM TOWER!

TERRORIST BOMB ON THE 39TH FLOOR! Go! Go! Security, go!

Cockroach infestation in room 19!

Oh no! A VIP arrived!

Good times.

I recently started playing pokemon fire red again (hadn't touched that gameboy for years). It started when a friend at school started playing on his smartphone, now almost everyone plays it again...

I was about to ask when on earth Pokemon became retro, but apparently, it barely qualified because it's 15 years old.

The horror. :D

I recall my cousin had a Sega Megadrive which was one of my first experiences with gaming in general, playing Sonic the Hedgehog together, although we shortly became interested in NES after. Good memories. :(

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.

Now Microsoft owns Rare and we'll never see a BK game on a Nintendo console again. :D

I was about to ask when on earth Pokemon became retro, but apparently, it barely qualified because it's 15 years old.

The horror. :D

I recall my cousin had a Sega Megadrive which was one of my first experiences with gaming in general, playing Sonic the Hedgehog together, although we shortly became interested in NES after. Good memories. :(

World Cup Italia '90 on the Sega Master System II?

fudge YEAH

My favorite game on N64 was of course, The legend of Zelda:ocarina of time, i loved that game to death lol it brings back memories :')

I never had the privilege of owning a genesis =[ so the closest I've come to Sonic games is Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive :')

On a side note, The Legend of Zelda will forever reign supreme on the N64 :D

I recently started playing pokemon fire red again (hadn't touched that gameboy for years). It started when a friend at school started playing on his smartphone, now almost everyone plays it again...

Similar experience, a friend at work recently brought their DS and one of the new Pokemon games in to play on his lunch (how boring our lunches tend to be) but, as an avid fan of the older pokemon games, I couldn't resist digging out the trusty Gameboy and sticking Yellow in ;D

Do the Gamecube and original Xbox count? Cause I love me some SSBM, Metal Arm: Glitch in the System, Halo CE, and Soul Calibur II.

Those are the oldest consoles I can play.

My first console was NES when I was like 3. I would play Duck Hunt and the Sesame Street game lol. Favorite console though is N64. Everyday my brother and I would watch Nick and then go and play SSB, MarioKart, or DonkeyKong64 MP with the peanut launchers :D)))))

I <3 Lankey

i pulled out my gameboy. Turned it on. Turned it off.Sold.

In a few years and Xbox will be like a N64, as they will have some new flashy thing that lets you play in virtual reality or something like that.

In a few years and Xbox will be like a N64, as they will have some new flashy thing that lets you play in virtual reality or something like that.

Typical kid of this gaming generation.

Why the hell would you sell a Gameboy?

And no, nothing will ever come close to the N64 and the golden age of gaming. Nothing. Ever.

And no, nothing will ever come close to the N64 and the golden age of gaming. Nothing. Ever.

I wouldn't say that it was the golden age but it was awesome. He does have a point though. Some of the younger kiddos aren't even old enough to remember the days of playing Golden Eye 64 and smacking your friends across the head for screen looking.

Heck, I'm sure some of them kiddos don't even know what screen looking is....

Also, what where you smoking when you decided to sell that Gameboy? I mean really.

Edited by Sleepy

I wouldn't say that it was the golden age but it was awesome. He does have a point though. Some of the younger kiddos aren't even old enough to remember the days of playing Golden Eye 64 and smacking your friends across the head for screen looking.

Also, what where you smoking when you decided to sell that Gameboy? I mean really.

+1

I have all the handhelds from Gameboy to DSi. :D

We called it screen cheating.

"Hey man no screen cheating, you knew right where I was"

I still screen look on the new goldeneye, its too tempting :D

My favorite retro games are probably Kirby Superstar, Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros Deluxe for gameboy, Driver (if that counts as retro), and Final fantasy 1 and 4.

In responce to the game boy reply, one of my game boys cant read games anymore and the other is pretty damaged sadly. I still have my N64, Super Nintendo, PS1, and NES systems... Occasionally I play them just because they were awesome games when they came out.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.