Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Supa

Rift

So this new game Rift came out. My friend told me about it and said it was amazing, better than WoW, and I should try it. It looks promising and everything, but to buy the initial game it's $50-$60, depending on which edition you get. My WoW subscription runs out in three days, so I was wondering if I should invest in this new game?

well I played the beta and it was alright. I mean questing was OK but eventually it got worse. (like WoW BC questing worse)

Go kill a bunch of mobs, come back, go kill the boss, come back, go use boss's power to kill mobs... yeah.

The talent trees are good and the graphics are alright. I hear you need a pro computer to run it though.. My computer ran it fine.

I didn't buy it at release because it's almost exactly like wow, except without the 5 years of experience. IDK supposedly it is better than WoW, but it doesn't have the same charm if you know what I mean. The questing is really boring, though, so that's what turned me off. It's more fun if you play with other friends.

Watch a few videos of it, or whatever, and see if you like it.

I would have got it tbh if it wasn't 50-60 dollars, though!

Yeah that's what dissuading me to get it. Yeah, you've got 6 classes with a whole load of sub-classes, which makes for fun and varied gameplay, but at the same time, 50-60 dollars is a HUGE investment for a high-schooler to make on a video game. I really need to know if I should get it or stick with WoW.

Is it $50-60 for a one-time payment or do you have to pay monthly or on some other basis?

Yeah that's what dissuading me to get it. Yeah, you've got 6 classes with a whole load of sub-classes, which makes for fun and varied gameplay, but at the same time, 50-60 dollars is a HUGE investment for a high-schooler to make on a video game. I really need to know if I should get it or stick with WoW.

Simply put, it's still a fresh MMO so it's bound to be worse than WoW which is polished. Once Rift get more updates behind them so they can bring most of the intended content into the game, then yes, it might be worth investing, but as it's now, it's usually a bad idea. The reason is simple: New MMOs are horrid because they end up making sacrifices just to launch the game, and then they need to rework things to bring out additional content patches.

If you wait some months, you'll let the game find its own 'groove', get more content, fix some of the bugs and issues around and the price might drop a bit as well since it's not the new, hot, deal on the market. :D

My big brother has been playing it for a few weeks now. Just peering over his shoulder it looks pretty good, but I haven't played it myself. My brother's friend said it'd be good once it got more players/content.

Yeah from what I heard it was a pretty good game, and there weren't many bugs.

Is it $50-60 for a one-time payment or do you have to pay monthly or on some other basis?

Both.

yeah it sucks

Both.

Wow, that doesn't seem worth it at all :D.

It's actually pretty decent. Read/watched a lot of Beta footage and decided to give it a shot, since I quit WoW a few weeks ago.

If you're unsure though, wait until they offer a free 10 day trial or something.

It's actually pretty decent. Read/watched a lot of Beta footage and decided to give it a shot, since I quit WoW a few weeks ago.

If you're unsure though, wait until they offer a free 10 day trial or something.

yeah im waiting for that.

The graphics are good and the class system is quite big. with 4 classes and 10 specs per class you can make quite some combinations.

Im not sure how the end-game content is because in the beta i only played untill level 30 or something. But for me its not worth the 60 euro/dollar and the monthly fees.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.