Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Plasma

People Who Use Drugs

drugs are like alcohol. They are bad but they cant really be banned...

If you want to do drugs, your life will probably be less productive obviously, as drugs cause you to lose concept of the real world in general

In my opinion, a person who does recreation drugs wont have a very happy life, but a life full of pleasure. Pleasure and happiness are different, as happiness is usually work or doing something then happy, while pleasure is being happy as a result of actions then maybe something not so happy afterwards like drug depression or something.

So basically, do drugs if you want to be pleased but not be happy.

And for the guy who said drugs gave early humans an evolutionary edge or something, even if they did somehow make the humans/protohumans (prior to the H0mo genus) who took natural drugs better at survival those times have obviously passed, and I dont think drugs will help your lifespan in modern times.....

People who "hate" on people doing recreational drugs such as marijuana are people who do not have a strong social life.

and by strong I mean lively.

Well I'm a "hater" and I have a very strong social life.

Define strong social life? if you hang out with the same small inner circle group of friends every weekend only to chill with that small group. isnt strong in my book.

If you are going out to parties AT LEAST 2-3+ times in a 10-14 day period, then you have a social life that is very active. I dont see how anyone can be a hater if they are a frequent at parties. it is impossible

so if a church youth group doesn't go to parties with drugs and they have a large groups of 50 plus people none of them have a strong social life? Parties dont have to have drugs and alcohol, its not a requirement to hold a party or something.

Dont generalize in your arguments....

Edited by Daaryl

If you want to do drugs, your life will probably be less productive obviously, as drugs cause you to lose concept of the real world in general

In my opinion, a person who does recreation drugs wont have a very happy life, but a life full of pleasure. Pleasure and happiness are different, as happiness is usually work or doing something then happy, while pleasure is being happy as a result of actions then maybe something not so happy afterwards like drug depression or something.

Well duh, drugs are like alcohol because alcohol is a drug.

And why can't we be happy if we do drugs? :D

^All drugs are fun until you get dependent on them and die.

Piperazine is not fun. Diphenhydramine is not fun. Salvinorin A is generally not fun.

Edited by Blue

It's their choice; if they want to do drugs, they'll experience the consequences.

It's not a bad decision per se, just a high possibility of some negative side effects and it spiraling out of control.

Piperazine is not fun. Diphenhydramine is not fun. Salvinorin A is generally not fun.

I enjoy them from time to time

You enjoy Piperazine and Diphenhydramine?

Piperazine is used to make fake Ecstasy, so that's the form I had it in. Didn't mind the side effects. Diphenhydramite only gave me dry mouth, weird pee patterns for a day, and suppressed memory temporarily. It causes visual and auditory hallucinations, dizziness, confusion, delirium, and finally sedation. Makes music, breathing, and movement pleasing, which I don't mind.

In my opinion it's stupid to do drugs, but if people need them to get over problems, have a good time, spend time with someone, let them. I won't do drugs, and if people want to slowly decay themselves alive in my view, let them.

I know something interesting is sure to happen, whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does.

Well duh, drugs are like alcohol because alcohol is a drug.

And why can't we be happy if we do drugs? :D

I meant drugs are like alcohol referencing to the probation period in American history (Moonshine brews). people will still do them when they're banned.

And for what i said about happiness, I mean that you get pleasure from them not happiness, and i know pleasure is a form of happiness so that doesnt make sence but... cant explain that well a little too complx

I know something interesting is sure to happen, whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does.

Trick question the bread is poisoned And they arent your real family, you have been cuckolded by a smarter, stronger man

Piperazine is used to make fake Ecstasy, so that's the form I had it in. Didn't mind the side effects. Diphenhydramite only gave me dry mouth, weird pee patterns for a day, and suppressed memory temporarily. It causes visual and auditory hallucinations, dizziness, confusion, delirium, and finally sedation. Makes music, breathing, and movement pleasing, which I don't mind.

The only thing that I've ever heard of Piperazine is when it sent someone to the hospital by making them extremely sick.

In my opinion it's stupid to do drugs, but if people need them to get over problems, have a good time, spend time with someone, let them. I won't do drugs, and if people want to slowly decay themselves alive in my view, let them.

I think this is an incredible over-generalization, and this is coming someone who doesn't use what most people consider "drugs".

I am against drug use, but I don't judge people for doing it. As humans, we bear complex feelings and emotions that can be very difficult to cope with. Also, apparantly, drug use helps us evolve. By taking substance to enhance/alter our perceptions, we take life to a whole new level and this demonstrates the boundaries that humans push to find a different way.

However, I believe that psychedelic chemicals can be EXTREMELY beneficial for some people. There is a wonderful, mysterious veil that we carry with ourselves everyday. Why are we here? Is there more to this? Psychedelics can bring powerful, beautiful, and TRULY mystifying feelings that can be therapeudic and healthy.

(On the contrary, psychedelics can terrify and damage some people. I highly condone uneducated, irresponsible, and dangerous use of psychedelics or ANY drug for that matter.)

Certain drugs are extremely addictive (heroin/meth, cocaine, amphetamines, etc.)

Others may not be addictive, but can be neurologically damaging. (MDMA is the biggest debate)

(On the contrary, psychedelics can terrify and damage some people. I highly condone uneducated, irresponsible, and dangerous use of psychedelics or ANY drug for that matter.)

I hope you're using that word incorrectly. :D

Why do you say that psychedelic drugs help you to become more healthy and that they are therapeutic (assuming we're talking about effects after the drugs wear off)? If anything, from a strictly intuitive standpoint, I'd think that mind-altering substances would simply make you less in tune with reality. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here because I'm not working from facts or anything but the barest of personal experience, but a fuller explanation would be nice.

While I tend to disagree with their choices, I try not to judge that person based solely on the fact that they do drugs.

However, alot of people in my area simply do drugs, because they think it makes them "cool." IMO, if thats the case, it makes them as pathetic as possible. There are even some that fake doing drugs in order to appear cool, going to the extreme of having the drug on hand, and taking it if others doubt them, or just to stop anybody from doubting, but its obvious that they don't do it on a regular basis; only on the occasion to make people believe that they do take drugs on a regular occasion, to appear cool.

Protip: "drugs" is not a synonym for methamphetamine or heroin.

And for what i said about happiness, I mean that you get pleasure from them not happiness, and i know pleasure is a form of happiness so that doesnt make sence but... cant explain that well a little too complx

I don't know about you, but certain drugs make me very happy.

Edited by Gillis

What about neuroenhancing drugs such as Modafinil? I've been researching these what with exams coming up, and i've heard mostly positive things about them. Not addictive, next to no potential to be used recreationally and it being very rare to have noticeable side effects. Downside being some of them are still somewhat new and haven't gone through all testing specficially for this purpose, but then the Swine Flu vaccine had what, three days worth of testing?

Isn't Modafinil a banned steroid? It's one of the things supplied to athletes by BALCO.

They're just stating the obvious though, although they're putting in dramatic terms. I know a friend whos trying to curb his psychological* addiction to marijuana by smoking tobacco instead (i don't know why..) I know a few people that are depressed actually, and they keep bottles of jack in their locker.

Simply stated, I do drugs for fun. But when you need to do them in order to seek refuge from a bad place, you're going down a slippery slope into alcoholism and generally any type of addiction.

*i know that weed has no addictive elements, however, you can be psychologically dependent on it.

They're just stating the obvious though, although they're putting in dramatic terms. I know a friend whos trying to curb his psychological* addiction to marijuana by smoking tobacco instead (i don't know why..) I know a few people that are depressed actually, and they keep bottles of jack in their locker.

Simply stated, I do drugs for fun. But when you need to do them in order to seek refuge from a bad place, you're going down a slippery slope into alcoholism and generally any type of addiction.

*i know that weed has no addictive elements, however, you can be psychologically dependent on it.

The obvious? What, that if you do a drug you're likely to become dependent on it and die? That's akin to saying if you eat food you're likely to become pyschologically addicted and morbidly obese.

The obvious? What, that if you do a drug you're likely to become dependent on it and die? That's akin to saying if you eat food you're likely to become pyschologically addicted and morbidly obese.

No, no, "the obvious" is that "drugs" is not a synonym for methamphetamine or heroin. :D

It's their choice; if they want to do drugs, they'll experience the consequences.

It's not a bad decision per se, just a high possibility of some negative side effects and it spiraling out of control.

-snip- They'll experience the consequences? Are you sure the innocent citizen isn't going to be the one experiencing the consequences when he gets run over by the neighborhood stoner who's high?

Edited by heb0
Please respect the opinions of others by replying to them civilly. ;) ~heb0~