Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Samsara

Twitter!

I'm sure you've all heard of Twitter. As much as it sounds like a disgusting STD, it isn't. Some people hate the website, some people love it. Personally I think it's pretty cool. It's a nice place to throw any funny/random thoughts out there. So anyways, to those that have a Twitter, what's your Twitter handle? Don't feel pressured to share if you don't want to.

Mine is @MSamsara. I think I'm already following a bunch of you Sals lot already. :D

Twitter is an abomination and should be eliminated as soon as possible. :D

Actually I'm just too lazy to make one. :(

I just see it as a lesser Facebook.

And none of my friends use it anyway.

I made an account once, but I'm not really interested in it. I never really saw the point.

Agreed 100% just seems to be facebook with everything except statuses removed, the bit I use least

Can someone tell me exactly how Twitter works? I've always wanted to use it but looking at other people's tweets, it looks confusing :D

Can someone tell me exactly how Twitter works? I've always wanted to use it but looking at other people's tweets, it looks confusing :D

You pretty much shoot out Facebook status updates that have a 160 character limit. These are called "tweets." People usually tweet more than they update their Facebook status because since the core essence of Twitter is to tweet nobody mind if you update like 4-5 times in an hour or so. Some tweets are humorous, most tweets are random thoughts.

When you "follow" people you are pretty much subscribing to their tweets and that person's tweets will show up in your feed. Similarly, people can follow you to have your tweets show up in their feed. A lot of artists, websites, and companies have official Twitters which are useful to follow since sometimes you will get information on there first, or you might get news on a sweet deal or something like that.

If you tweet something exceptionally cool, people might "retweet it" which is where they send your specific tweet to show up in the feed of their followers. There are also "trends" which is pretty much putting a hashtag in front of a word. So I could say "8.9 earthquake in Japan. #WTF." For the most part they're just pointless or are for a comedy effect.

That pretty much covers all the bases. Twitter sounds extremely stupid when you first hear of it, but it gets kinda addicting after a while. :( Give it a shot.

Agreed 100% just seems to be facebook with everything except statuses removed, the bit I use least

But Facebook would be absolutely perfect if they removed everything but status updates and photos.