Sal's RuneScape Forum
Naota

Television & Movies Discussion Thread

I'm totally excited for Tyrannosaur, it looks incredible.

Well you know I am!

I wish I lived closer to Hyde Park, it's the only place I know it's showing.

I'm totally excited for Tyrannosaur, it looks incredible.

Well you know I am!

I wish I lived closer to Hyde Park, it's the only place I know it's showing.

Yeah, I used to live pretty much next door to it but now I live out in Headingley.

It's still only a 15-20 minute walk so I can't complain too much.

In other news, Daniel Radcliffe is back in a new version of The Woman In Black.

Looks pretty s-s-spoOoOoky.

I watched The Untouchables tonight - loved it! The highlights for me were the soundtrack and Kevin Costner's acting.

I saw J. Edgar yesterday. Leonardo Dicaprio was phenomenal, likely winner of the Oscar for Best Actor.

As far as the movies goes, I was extremely dissapointed. Too long and monotonous. While the movie was still good, it didn't live up to the hype and didn't seem like an epic Clint Eastwood/Dicaprio movie that it set out to be.

I watched The Matrix on Saturday and absolutely loved it. It's definitely going into my list of favorites. Should I bother pursuing the sequels? I've heard really good things about the sequels, and really terrible things about the sequels too.

I watched The Matrix on Saturday and absolutely loved it. It's definitely going into my list of favorites. Should I bother pursuing the sequels? I've heard really good things about the sequels, and really terrible things about the sequels too.

well they are quite bad

the storyline is still good but they filled it up with a shizzleload of "cool" scenes and those tend to suck a lot and take the pace out of the whole movie

it's not like the star wars prequels, which were luckily never made, but they aren't good no

Melancholia is incredible. Lars remains one of my favourite directors alive.

Is there really any need to watch the sequels to The Godfather? It's been a year since I've seen the movie, but I've heard that the sequels are pretty bad.

Is there really any need to watch the sequels to The Godfather? It's been a year since I've seen the movie, but I've heard that the sequels are pretty bad.

Who told you that?

Go up to them, stare into their eyes, and slap them across the face with a shoe.

The Godfather Part II is at least as good as the original.

they are great

albeit the second one is too long, better to watch it in 2 sittings

Godfather part II is really long, yes, but it's really good too. Once you've seen the two first, you're bound to see the third anyway. :(

Currently watching Boston Legal and I'm loving it, such an hilarious TV series.

Godfather part II is really long, yes, but it's really good too. Once you've seen the two first, you're bound to see the third anyway. :D

People who haven't seen Godfather 1-2-3 should be whipped.

True story.

----

The big bang theory is quite funny, and How I met your mother. I like comedy.

pssst yuanrang :(

Edited by King Of Monra

Can I recommend My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic? You might be skeptical but don't judge a book by it's cover please.

First season starts out a little slow and uninteresting but it gets better. Season 2 surpasses Season 1 in my opinion. Great animation, great character development and depth, great humour, great voice acting and great life lessons that people these days really need.

Just started watching series 2 of The Killing.

Looks pretty good so far.

Is anyone else watching The Walking Dead?

Season 2 definitely isn't as good as the first one. But I keep watching anyway, hoping it will get better. Probably won't. Budget cuts from AMC and stuff.

Season 2 definitely isn't as good as the first one. But I keep watching anyway, hoping it will get better. Probably won't. Budget cuts from AMC and stuff.

not yet, finishing Game of Thrones first

I read the comic recently however and that one is really great

not yet, finishing Game of Thrones first

I read the comic recently however and that one is really great

From what I've heard the series doesn't really stay true to the comics.

Not too big of a comic reader but might have to check them out some time.

Saw The Good, the Bad and the Ugly today and it was amazing, one of the best films I've ever seen.

Watched the latest Pirates of the Caribbean today. I thought it was much better than 2 and 3, as it's cut out a lot of the characters and has reverted to the eccentricity of Jack Sparrow again.

It goes downhill so quickly (after the first/second season). Alan Shore is the only reason to keep watching, and even his flashes of wit are a lot rarer later in the series...

Sort of watching it, my distaste for the zombie genre notwithstanding. Agreed that Season 1 was far better--now it's dragging a bit. Breaking Bad/Mad Men are definitely more well written.

I just saw Hugo in 3D. The 3D was magnificent, as good as Avatar's. The 3D brought the setting to life, it was quite an experience. Very good film from Scorsese, easily the best film of the year along with Drive so far. MUST-WATCH!

Does anyone watch Weeds? My friend has been asking me to watch it, wondering if I should give it a try.

And I just finished watching the Sons Of Anarchy Season Finale and the Psych season finale as well. Both very, very good shows. I would recommend S.O.A to anyone who's into Action and such and Psych is more comedic.

Also, does anyone here watch Supernatural? I'm up to date with the series and I would recommend to someone who's into things like werewolf's, vampires, demons, etc. etc. Its' about two brothers who hunt them and such. V good show.

It goes downhill so quickly (after the first/second season). Alan Shore is the only reason to keep watching, and even his flashes of wit are a lot rarer later in the series...

It did, yes. The last seasons was mostly just worth watching for loyalty and the fact that it was okay to watch, even if it wasn't amazing. There were some bright moments though in the later seasons, but not enough to save the series.

Although the first two seasons were just great, Alan Shore was definately the highlight of that show. :(