Sal's RuneScape Forum
Naota

Television & Movies Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me some movies that go along with the whole Mafia setting. Not necessarily mafia but I'm talking movies like The Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale, Scarface, Godfather, Reservoir Dogs, etc.

Can anyone tell me some movies that go along with the whole Mafia setting. Not necessarily mafia but I'm talking movies like The Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale, Scarface, Godfather, Reservoir Dogs, etc.

Does it have to be American? Try "Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels", then if you like it, watch the other movies by that director. They're mostly all based around criminals in the UK. :(

Does it have to be American? Try "Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels", then if you like it, watch the other movies by that director. They're mostly all based around criminals in the UK. :(

Thanks, I'll be sure to watch it as soon as I can. I've actually seen a Guy Ritchie movie before and I am a fan of his directing style.

If you like subtitled films try 'A Prophet' it's about a French-Algerian who climbs the social and criminal ladder in prison to the top.

One of my favourites, highly recommend it.

Is there really any need to watch the sequels to The Godfather? It's been a year since I've seen the movie, but I've heard that the sequels are pretty bad.

they are great

albeit the second one is too long, better to watch it in 2 sittings

All 3 of the Godfather films are great. In 'Top Film' lists it usually features in the Top 5, behind the first which is normally in pole position.

If you like subtitled films try 'A Prophet' it's about a French-Algerian who climbs the social and criminal ladder in prison to the top.

One of my favourites, highly recommend it.

I second this recommendation along with Audiard's previous movie 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped'.

So who saw the Psych fall finale? Pretty sad what happened to Spencer and Juliet. :(

Misfits season 3 finale anyone?

Just finished watching the entire How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock history. Considered Big Bang Theory, but it seems... slightly childish and not really funny to me. HIMYM's the only show I love with a laugh track.

I'm currently watching the Offices seasons, I'm up too the second. I was wondering shall I continue to the current season? I heard it pans out after Carrell leaves.

Just finished Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers for the second time round. Finished Rocky and LOTR boxsets too.

Has anyone here seen My Man Godfrey? William Powell is the man.

Edited by Traviesa

Finally watched Drive, thought it was incredible.

Refn's style is absolutely wonderful, as it was in Bronson.

I can't believe I hadn't seen Community until a couple days, I'm almost up to date and it's amazing!

Hey, movie question!

Was Shutter Island any good?

Misfits season 3 finale anyone?

i'll be 4oDing it later! Can't wait.

Who do you prefer, Nathan or Rudy?

Finally watched Drive, thought it was incredible.

Refn's style is absolutely wonderful, as it was in Bronson.

Ryan Gosling is my new man-crush. Hopefully he signs to more movies like this instead of romcoms haha!

Drive is probably my film of the year.

Hey, movie question!

Yes, I highly recommend it.

Hey, movie question!

Ok, thanks. Rotten tomatoes gave it a not-so-great rating.

Hey, movie question!

I'm suprised by that, I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Hey, movie question!

Agreed. I'm liking Leo more and more when he's doing said films.

I find it hard to relate to Rotten Tomatoes, yeah they help out but people are easily led to view something because of this website. In my opinion it's made some movies flop when actually there brilliant. Alas I can't speak Mark Kermode is the only movie critic I really focus my attention on.

Hey, movie question!

I find it hard to relate to Rotten Tomatoes, yeah they help out but people are easily led to view something because of this website. In my opinion it's made some movies flop when actually there brilliant. Alas I can't speak Mark Kermode is the only movie critic I really focus my attention on.

Are there a lot of jump-scares in this movie? I don't mind freaky and scary, but jump-scares get to me.

Hey, movie question!

Are there a lot of jump-scares in this movie? I don't mind freaky and scary, but jump-scares get to me.

No, it's not that kind of movie at all. There might one or two but it's very much an astute psychological thriller, not a two-bit horror flick.

Shutter Island is very good. It's not really horror, but more of a psychological thriller. Great film.

Ryan Gosling has some great movies planned out the next couple of years, more along the lines of Drive than anything else.

The Artist is finally opening up where I live in NY :( I'll be checking out during the Holiday Break. Let's see if it lives up to all the awards hype.

I recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (not for the faint-hearted or those who can't stand subs/dubs). Psychological crime film - excellent.

I'll rather have more films like re-vamped silent era films like The Artist than 3D films in cinemas, it just doesn't help anything.