Sal's RuneScape Forum
Naota

Television & Movies Discussion Thread

Tim and Eric are in a new movie by Rick Alverson called The Comedy.

It looks pretty amazing,

(with LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy) (Strong language)

Looks pretty good.

Edited by Hyrax

Watched the first two seasons of Justified, and it has already solidified itself as one of my favorite shows.

Can't believe it's taken me twelve years to see Requiem for a Dream but holy shizzle is it good.

So...has anybody seen the new Spiderman movie?

Oh and just one week and The Dark Knight Rises will be out.

So ready for TDK Rises, but haven't seen Spiderman yet.

Apparently there was some deal between Disney and Sony to make a connection between Avengers and Spiderman (something about a building?) but it didn't get done in time or something.

Marvel Phase Two, everyone:

thor-the-dark-world-logo.jpg

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-logo.jpg

iron-man-3-armor.jpg

Not sure I like the new Iron Man armour as much as the others; a lot of gold dominating there.

The only series which seems to keep me occupied is The Office US version. Anyone know anything similar?

I'm tempted to watch The Wire too. Heard so many good things about it.

The Office is actually based off of a UK TV show of the same name; I guess you could try watching that, but I doubt there'll be much difference with the exception of the nationalities and accents.

@ Whitney Have you tried Arrested Development?

@ Leo Crimson I can't wait for those! I was jumping around in my seat everytime the Avengers trailer showed at my theatre so as long as they don't mess up these it'll be another few years of awesome :suncloud:

The Office is actually based off of a UK TV show of the same name; I guess you could try watching that, but I doubt there'll be much difference with the exception of the nationalities and accents.

Oh yeah I know that. I'm MASSIVE Office fan. I am British after all ;).

@ Whitney Have you tried Arrested Development?

MY NAME IS WHITEY OMFG. Lol no worries, anyway no I haven't. Heard good reviews about it, I'll check it out. Cheers.

Somehow I forgot to talk about these:

ant_man_marvel.jpg

220px-Official_poster.jpg

Never been a big Superman guy, but this one has Laurence Fishburne and Christopher Meloni in its cast, so I'll probably check it out in theatres when the time comes.

I was looking forward to the new Batman movie but after reading up on it no so much. The first two were about chaos and crime but this new one seems to shift more towards inequality of wealth. That sounds pretty boring and I don't go to the movies to hear liberal jargon (assuming that it is actually taking a liberal stand) or any politics whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong, I hope I am.

Well even if it was going to be like that, which I doubt, since Christopher Nolan would know not to include too much politics in it, I'd go see just cause it's the conclusion to the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I only know the basic plot line of TDK Rises, so I dunno for sure how deep it'll delve into the political environment. I get the gist that there's an underlying theme of rich vs. poor from the trailers, but that's just about it.

*double post/big bump too*

So yeah...Lincoln came out yesterday.

This is definitely next after Skyfall and maybe Wreck-It-Ralph for me; anyone else?

Is the new James Bond worth seeing?

Is the new James Bond worth seeing?

One of my friends said that it was pretty good, but I don't know any of the specifics.

I assume everyone's planning to see The Hobbit sometime?

I know I am, hopefully this weekend or at the worst before Christmas.

Almost finished Mad Men season 5, really good. 1-4 is on Netflix, highly recommend it. Perfect acting and writing.

JJ Abrams for Episode 7, it seems: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/j-j-abrams-to-direct-new-star-wars-movie-for-disney/

In other news I kinda wanna see Silver Linings Playbook sometime in the next week or two; football related, and it's gotten nominations in all the acting categories plus Best Picture so it must be good.

JJ Abrams for Episode 7, it seems: http://www.deadline....vie-for-disney/

please don't talk about it, it makes me sad :(

In other news I kinda wanna see Silver Linings Playbook sometime in the next week or two; football related, and it's gotten nominations in all the acting categories plus Best Picture so it must be good.

Titanic also won 11 oscars...

So did Return of the King...

My point exactly, both movies are highly overrated :P

:o

Not a LOTR fan, I take it?

:o

Not a LOTR fan, I take it?

I do like the movies, but I find other movies waaaay more fun/better (like star wars).