Sal's RuneScape Forum
Naota

Television & Movies Discussion Thread

Pulp Fiction wasn't nearly as good as it's talked up to be.

There were a lot of hilarious moments and a lot of really good moments. Like when Butch is driving and Marsellus walks right in front of him or like when Jules pulls the whole "DO YOU KNOW WHAT MARSELLUS WALLACE LOOKS LIKE?" thing. But as a whole movie I didn't really like it. It pulled off the whole "criminals living normal lives" thing really well but it wasn't really that enjoyable.

Not enough shoot outs for you? :D

There were a lot of hilarious moments and a lot of really good moments. Like when Butch is driving and Marsellus walks right in front of him or like when Jules pulls the whole "DO YOU KNOW WHAT MARSELLUS WALLACE LOOKS LIKE?" thing. But as a whole movie I didn't really like it. It pulled off the whole "criminals living normal lives" thing really well but it wasn't really that enjoyable.

No, it is as good as it's talked up to be.

It's just not what you were looking for.

:D

:(

Well to be honest the last Tarantino movie I saw was Inglorious Basterds so you two would be right in the respect that I was expecting a tad more violence. But that wasn't why I didn't like it that much. It was a great movie, I thought all the subtleties of the conversations and simply how there could be scenes where they just talked to each other with no bearing on the plot whatsoever was awesome. But that's the only memorable part of it. It's really hard for me to explain why I didn't like it, I can't chalk it up to a single reason.

I do see why some people love it, though. It just didn't fly so well with me.

:(

Well to be honest the last Tarantino movie I saw was Inglorious Basterds so you two would be right in the respect that I was expecting a tad more violence. But that wasn't why I didn't like it that much. It was a great movie, I thought all the subtleties of the conversations and simply how there could be scenes where they just talked to each other with no bearing on the plot whatsoever was awesome. But that's the only memorable part of it. It's really hard for me to explain why I didn't like it, I can't chalk it up to a single reason.

I do see why some people love it, though. It just didn't fly so well with me.

The only memorable parts of the movie were the scenes in the movie.

If anybody likes movies that make you think and has a plot with twists that aren't stupid (looking at you M Night...) see some of Christopher Nolan's back catalog. Memento is a huge mind warp, the Prestige is artfully crafted, Inception is amazing, and he made Batman movies that we don't hide in shame about.

Also, if you want pure fun, go for Machete. It has ridiculously crazy, over the top, action. It also has a not so subtle message to it as well :D

Another also, if anybody likes Sherlock Holmes, BBC did a really good modern version of him staying pretty faithful to the books. It's a three part series of two hour episodes. He's antisocial, arrogant, brilliant, and interesting. He's one of my favorite versions of Holmes.

I thought Sherlock Holmes was kinda dull tbh. I think I may have fallen asleep in the theater...

Also I got 2001: A Space Odyssey so I'll see if what WOLFBEN said was true. It looks interesting, though.

I thought Sherlock Holmes was kinda dull tbh. I think I may have fallen asleep in the theater...

Also I got 2001: A Space Odyssey so I'll see if what WOLFBEN said was true. It looks interesting, though.

Wrong Holmes. This one was a three part miniseries done by BBC set in the modern era. I thought the one with RDJr was a pretty good adaptation but it wasn't quite clever enough.

Wrong Holmes. This one was a three part miniseries done by BBC set in the modern era. I thought the one with RDJr was a pretty good adaptation but it wasn't quite clever enough.

Benedict Cumberbatch is a hero!

Movies about teens like Superbad please.

Every Michael Cera movie ever.

Every Michael Cera movie ever.

Hey Scott Pilgrim wasn't like that.

It was one of the awesomest things I have witnessed :D

I Love You Beth Cooper, Adventure Land, and Zombieland are all pretty good. Zombieland's not really centered around the regular life of a teen but it's an amazing movie nonetheless :D

If anybody likes movies that make you think and has a plot with twists that aren't stupid (looking at you M Night...) see some of Christopher Nolan's back catalog. Memento is a huge mind warp, the Prestige is artfully crafted, Inception is amazing, and he made Batman movies that we don't hide in shame about.

Also, if you want pure fun, go for Machete. It has ridiculously crazy, over the top, action. It also has a not so subtle message to it as well :D

Another also, if anybody likes Sherlock Holmes, BBC did a really good modern version of him staying pretty faithful to the books. It's a three part series of two hour episodes. He's antisocial, arrogant, brilliant, and interesting. He's one of my favorite versions of Holmes.

+1 to Memento and to Christopher Nolan movies in general. I love that man. Another amazing movie that warps your mind is Shutter Island. It's such a fantastic movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey was amazing. Except...I don't know what happened.

This makes me feel like going back and attempting to watch it again.

Just feel like I should post saying I got nostalgic watching the first ever Pokemon episode.

Now I don't know what the hell is going on.

Just feel like I should post saying I got nostalgic watching the first ever Pokemon episode.

Now I don't know what the hell is going on.

Man that first season was amazing.

The theme song is awesome and who doesn't love the pokerap?

The beginning with the apes was so awesome. The cinematography was amazing and I thought it was great to see the development of tools and see how far we've come.

The movie is slow, but I just thought it was great. The effects were spectacular for the 60s, tbh they were way better than A New Hope's.

I just saw the last episode of Dexter, Season 4. (Getting Season 5 now)

Is the last thing that happens (trying to not spoil this) real? The "blood bath" *wink wink*?

Was it a dream or was it reality?

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that."

I am unpumped.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that."

I am unpumped.

I never even knew that error message existed.

One movie of his that I have never heard mentioned by anyone else is Following. It's definitely a little weird, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it has the same kind of crazy plot twist Nolan is known for. And it's Netflix instant!

The beginning with the apes was so awesome. The cinematography was amazing and I thought it was great to see the development of tools and see how far we've come.

The movie is slow, but I just thought it was great. The effects were spectacular for the 60s, tbh they were way better than A New Hope's.

The space travel is just 20 minutes of a psychidelic trip, and then the last bit of real footage is just weird. You get it, but you don't.