Sal's RuneScape Forum

Do You Have A Job/have You Ever Had A Job And Would You Like One?

_Ej

Jobs  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a job?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If no, have you ever had one?

• Yes
    • No
    • I answered yes on the previous question. :D
  3. 3. Would you like a job?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have one :D

Yes I'm an accountant/general-nerdy-asian-white-collar for a small company. It's the most boring uninteresting way you could ever possibly spend 10 hours a day. I'd like another job but I'm not good with dat dere job searching.

Edited by Samurai Kenji

Yar I'm doing an apprenticeship (just to clarify it's not like in the UK where apparently it's for the noobs who couldn't go to a vocational school, I'm doing a sort of college degree at the same time) in metalworks my company does overhead/bridge cranes mainly and I'm cool with my job unlike a lot of you :D

WTF WHITE COLLA? BLUE COLLA REPRESENT

I worked in a grocery store last summer. It was terrible, the hours dragged on (even though the shifts were really short, surprisingly enough), and the managers were incredibly cruel. My co-workers were nice, and that was the only good part. However, they definitely weren't good enough for me to stay, so I respectfully left the position. :D

I'm doing work experience for school at a grocery store and it's horrible. I want to get a job somewhere though so I can buy myself a new guitar/other stuff.

Currently work as a calc grader in the Engineering Department of my university. It's only part time and is a bit repetitive (and I suppose it might be a stretch to call it an actual "job" :D), but it's bearable. Other than that, I did the stereotypical lawn-mowing job in middle school/early high school.

Edited by heb0

I don't have a job right now (though I may be tutoring in the future so it could all change :D ) and don't really want one all that much.

I worked the whole of the summer in a crappy super market where the took advantage of the fact they could pay me bugger all and made me work silly hours

I worked as an apprentice at a mechanics for about a year, then I got work placement for a year in a print company. Then I worked properly as a labourer for a vintage/wholesale clothing company where I used to package orders (in their thousands) and then post them. Then I moved on to my current job as an ice cream vendor. It's easy money and pays well. However in about a weeks time I'm looking to move to a company as an I.T Manager controlling their server/website/databases and other things. Weirdly I didn't get an interview for the job, I got offered it!

I don't have a job. I can't find anything besides like manual tasks such as mowing lawns, raking leaves, shoveling snow, etc.

I just want a job like every other regular teen has, but I'm too young at the moment.

In my town we only have a few things like Fast Food and a Grocery Store. Also a Telemarketing place which some of my friends work at. They're older than me though.

EDIT: Kind of like MnJu said, I could give a good interview/all that other stuff but when it comes to social things I can be awkward around people I don't know. I'm more of a person who I'll be cool around someone if I think they're worth getting to know or I can gain something from them. Not use them but they could be useful to me or I find them interesting. Not trying to sound like I'm too good for other people but that's just the way I am :D

Edited by amJordan

I fix computers for about $20 an hour which isn't bad. Usually get a job every other week or so, depending on how busy I am or who I meet.

Got a job at the zoo which will be AWESOME. I fudgeing love the zoo.

Will be studying computer engineering next year so hopefully in 4-6 years I'll have that as a job (depending if I go for graduate studies).

Yar I'm doing an apprenticeship (just to clarify it's not like in the UK where apparently it's for the noobs who couldn't go to a vocational school, I'm doing a sort of college degree at the same time) in metalworks my company does overhead/bridge cranes mainly and I'm cool with my job unlike a lot of you :D

WTF WHITE COLLA? BLUE COLLA REPRESENT

You ain't gonna receive no wages if it ain't for tha white-colla thugz. GIVE RESPECT, BRO.

I fudgeing love the zoo.
Which would make you a zoophi---*smash*

I get paid £30 an hour for following my dad around in exotic places taking photographs.

Latest was 3 weeks in Indonesia, on a BP gas cooling station.

Got me ~£~10k, they paid all the travel, I was only working for about half of each day.