Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donovan

New Forum Group

As some of you may already know, a couple of days ago we reached out to ask the community's input on The Removal of the DM Group. We received a great amount of feedback and quite a few awesome solutions, so we thank you!

The Staff has decided that it would be beneficial for everyone to keep the "stepping stone" group before Forum Moderator, but that it should be more clearly defined by the community. So it is with great pleasure that we introduce to you the "Respected Member" group!

The way this group will work is vastly different, any Forum Member (no New Members!) will be able to nominate another user for the group in the Respected Member Nomination subforum. The nomination must be serious and the more convincing your reason the more likely that person is to receive recognition for their work around the forum. Other users will be able to comment in the thread with their support or issues with the nominee. When sufficient time has passed, the staff will look over the nominee and unless there are any outstanding reasons not to, he/she will be promoted to "Respected Member"!

Since we are expecting a large amount of nominations and users in the group at the start, we want to take the cautious route and give only limited powers. As long as the group continues to function well, the staff will collaborate with everyone in the group to decide on what other powers they should have.

Remember that nominations are more community-driven now so feel free to campaign, but only in your Blog or Signature. We may refine what should be allowed, but for now take advantage of this community and staff project.

Following the recent disbanding of the Distinguished Member group, the staff decided it was fair to recognize at least one of the members for maintaining composure and helping during this hectic time. So please recognize Adam? as the only staff-chosen Respected Member!

Also, please note that we are still in the process of removing the Distinguished Member group, so if you notice any remnants please make a note of it in this topic and we will take care of it as soon as possible.

I'm happy to see this idea implemented.

I don't see the difference...

This is fudging stupid

I can support that DM group wasn't really what it should be but respected members is fudging bad :D

Adam does nothing but troll and make jokes. He's been helpful with the dm debate but it hardly entitles giving him immediate powers for this ONE helpful time

Sals is going in the shizzle hole and nothing can stop it at this point

Here we go, a big popularity contest.

I hope all the DMs get demoted back to Members to make it fair.

All but Adam? did.

This isn't a joke guys. If it was, it wouldn't have gone this far (assumes the staff is at least that reasonable). This is serious stuff, I think.

I preferred "Esteemed Member", because all members should really be "respected", but whatever :D

ITT: Old DM's getting mad because they lost their title.

I don't see what the big problem is, I wanted DM's to stay but I respect the staffs' decisions.

I'm not going to make any assumptions until April Fools day has come and gone. I think that's the safest thing to do.

Edited by Ambo100

Sorry if i'm missing something here but, what's the point?

EDIT: April fools?

Edited by James-L-J55

All but Adam? did.

This isn't a joke guys. If it was, it wouldn't have gone this far (assumes the staff is at least that reasonable). This is serious stuff, I think.

I preferred "Esteemed Member", because all members should really be "respected", but whatever :D

I hope ALL the DMs get demoted back to Members to make it fair.

Not: I hope ALL DMs but Adam? get demoted back to Members to make it fair.

Is this serious or a joke now? :D

Edited by Whiskas

So instead of the mods picking friends you're going to have the forum members pick there friends?

Way to go.

So instead of the mods picking friends you're going to have the forum members pick there friends?

Way to go.

For the first time in a long long time I agree with you.

All but Adam? did.

I said that before.

Public voting will just be a popularity contest...

All but Adam? did.

I hope ALL the DMs get demoted back to Members to make it fair.

Not: I hope ALL DMs but Adam? get demoted back to Members to make it fair.

To be fair to Adam?, had he been demoted, I'd have nominated him ASAP anyways. He helped develop the idea for the new group, was mature about the discussion yesterday, kept his head, and overall does a good job, I think.