Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

Overheating

It really wasn't the sapphire part of the GPU that was important :D

But that one should do fine anyway.

You'll need to install the correct driver for that card, it just means it runs better with software.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I'm assuming you have Vista since you brought that computer in '08? http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pag...n_vista-32.aspx

Edited by SatansFate

O.O I failed? >.>

I've since been into Runescape and it's running very, very slowly. This is the error message that I'm getting.

errorxk.png

I've run the CD that came with it and it said that it was installed.

I'm assuming you have Vista since you brought that computer in '08?

Yes, I have Vista. I'll try those links. Thank you. <3

Edit: WIN! I downloaded the driver from that link and now I'm not being spammed about ATI drivers; the temperature thingie is recognising that I have a new graphics card; and everything on my screen is absolutely tiny. LOL I can sort the latter myself. But wow! I think I have this thing installed! *happy dances*

Thank you everyone for your patience with me and for helping me sort this problem.

Just to be sure, after playing some Runescape/watching a movie just check out what temperature your Graphics card reaches. Around 65C or lower should be more than normal.

Edited by Rene

If everything is tiny right click your desktop and click on screen resolution. Change it to what suits you best.

O.O I failed? >.>

You bought Sapphire's version of an earlier card. It's still decent, but not as good.

O.O I failed? >.>

You bought Sapphire's version of an earlier card. It's still decent, but not as good.

Nowhere near as good as the HD5570 that I linked to earlier. In fact, it's a fraction as fast. TBH, I'd suggest you look at the return policy and see about giving the HD4350 back to them; that card is basically fast enough for old games (like 6 years old) and HTPC's; it's not fit for gaming of any sort, really. Then again, if you're using it as only for internet/office (I don't care to review the prior thread at this period, despite typing a sentence that takes as long as looking it up), you're fine with the HD4350.

This saga did continue. I've written about it here, plus given you all shout-outs and thanks for your brilliant advice. My computer is now working perfectly. <3

Thanks again.

If you're talking about Volume 2, it appears to be the recovery section of the disk and doesn't need a letter. If you're talking about Disk 1, type "select disk 1" and then "list partition". You should be able to delete the inaccessible partition (append "override" if it refuses to allow you to delete the blank partition) and then you should be able to use Disk Management to expand the partition to the remainder of the disk.

No, it was an external hard-drive, which wasn't showing up in the volume list at all. It's there now, as I unstalled the hard-drive and it immediately reinstalled to show. :D

Thanks again for all of your help.

Edit: To clarify, now that I have it sorted, here is how diskpart looks:

diskpart2.png

The external hard-drive is showing up in both volume and disk. :(

Edited by Merch Gwyar