Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dung with me

Frosts :(

couldnt they just allow free trade in ge but no free trade outside of that. it would be impossible to transfer money, but most of the free trade would still be intact. all scams would end too.

Let me give you this scenario:

Player: sells obscure item on GE like bat bones on GE for 100M

RWT: Buys that bone for 100M

You can still rwt, its slightly more difficult but if theres a will theres a way.

i dont get what you're trying to say.

if you offer an obscene amount of money for an item, you will only pay what the max amount is at the moment. if you offer 100m for bat bones, u will never actually buy one for 100 mil. and the rwt would just only allow u to buy and sell at ±5% med price. just because you offer an item at 100m, doesnt change the med price to 100m. i dont understand what you are getting at.

I'm not saying manipulate the price to 100m, I'm saying you could theoretically offer an obscure item for 100m in the GE (dosn't need to be 100m its just a figure) and have the RWT buy that obscure item for 100m through the GE. That player gets the 100M that he has purchased

couldnt they just allow free trade in ge but no free trade outside of that. it would be impossible to transfer money, but most of the free trade would still be intact. all scams would end too.

Let me give you this scenario:

Player: sells obscure item on GE like bat bones on GE for 100M

RWT: Buys that bone for 100M

You can still rwt, its slightly more difficult but if theres a will theres a way.

i dont get what you're trying to say.

if you offer an obscene amount of money for an item, you will only pay what the max amount is at the moment. if you offer 100m for bat bones, u will never actually buy one for 100 mil. and the rwt would just only allow u to buy and sell at ±5% med price. just because you offer an item at 100m, doesnt change the med price to 100m. i dont understand what you are getting at.

I'm not saying manipulate the price to 100m, I'm saying you could theoretically offer an obscure item for 100m in the GE (dosn't need to be 100m its just a figure) and have the RWT buy that obscure item for 100m through the GE. That player gets the 100M that he has purchased

oh. i still dont know if that is possible. i think what would happen is that he would buy the bones for like 100gp cuz that would be the max price (i dont really know the max price of bat bones) and the 100m offer to sell would just never sell. it wouldnt be too hard to test tho.

I've never done frost drags cause im too low and stuff so im not as ticked off but when it comes to the small things, they have bots for Potatoe cactus', Blue drags Yaks Ghouls Experiments and anything you can think of, Even SW. XD of course there would be one for SW. Halve the people who bot there were the ones who walked around before the Activity bar update. :D

Hey, when everyone realises its impossible to make money with bots everywhere, everyone will quit.

There's two reasons for why that's wrong.

• The first is that you say "impossible to make money" when you really should be saying "Make little money for too much effort", which is true. That'll make people stop. It'll never come to that though because if one money-making venture is non-profitable, new content will always bring other ways to earn money, and supply and demand means that some money-making venues will always give you gold, you just less gold per hour, but enough gold for money-desperate players to do them, further balancing the economy.
  • The other error lies in the assumption that it'll go so far that players will quit. The bots won't continue until their profits go into the negatives. The benefit with bots is that they can just use another script and jump to another area, like from Frost Dragons to farming herbs in the various gardens of the Sorceress. Even if that fails, they can keep jumping until they deplete them all and leave for another game.

No one would technically quit because of bots unless they're people that's unable to adapt, and if your entire game experience lies in killing Frost Dragons all the time, then I wonder if it's a bad thing that they'd be quitting in the first place.

Hey, when everyone realises its impossible to make money with bots everywhere, everyone will quit.

There's two reasons for why that's wrong.

• The first is that you say "impossible to make money" when you really should be saying "Make little money for too much effort", which is true. That'll make people stop. It'll never come to that though because if one money-making venture is non-profitable, new content will always bring other ways to earn money, and supply and demand means that some money-making venues will always give you gold, you just less gold per hour, but enough gold for money-desperate players to do them, further balancing the economy.
  • The other error lies in the assumption that it'll go so far that players will quit. The bots won't continue until their profits go into the negatives. The benefit with bots is that they can just use another script and jump to another area, like from Frost Dragons to farming herbs in the various gardens of the Sorceress. Even if that fails, they can keep jumping until they deplete them all and leave for another game.

No one would technically quit because of bots unless they're people that's unable to adapt, and if your entire game experience lies in killing Frost Dragons all the time, then I wonder if it's a bad thing that they'd be quitting in the first place.

I do have to agree with you here. The majority of people who quit when free trade was removed were the botters and ranters who the game can do without anyway. I didn't quit then, I won't quit because the bots are back now, and most of the people I've made friends with in this game are the same way. (Though I and some of my friends have quit a few times out of boredom, and I'm still only semi-active now.)

Runescape's bot detection is actually just mods and some wannabe mods going around populated areas and just banning them.

Runescape's bot detection is actually just mods and some wannabe mods going around populated areas and just banning them.

There is no evidence for that claim. While it is true that any system they might have is way too weak, they do claim to have a system, and there is absolutely no evidence that they don't.

Actually, that's wrong. They have an own system for it, most MMOs do, it's just hard to pick up on because bot-scripters always modify and change their codes when they are being detected, meaning JaGEx then need to find out what changed, rewrite the detection system and then put it out again.

Add in the fact that bot-scripts become more complicated and... yeah.

I mean honestly, I remember a time when doing simple things ruined bot scripts, now they can auto minigames and even dungeoneering? That's a long step from bots breaking because of being traded, for shutting a door on their face or wearing green items when luring green dragon bots into getting skulled.

Fighting bots is like fighting an infection.

You can cure a disease once in a while but the disease will always mutate and make things harder and harder until the infection wins and the patient dies.

Let's hope that Runescape gets some good treatment.

@People who say Jagex isn't trying There are tonnes of ways that they work but it isn't always present. Many times they'll watch a bot for a while and then ban everybody that they interact with. Even then, for every bot you ban 30 take their place. If they wanted to keep members relatively bot free, all they'd have to do is raise the price of membership so that it is unprofitable to bot. This would shift most to f2p so it wouldn't be popular with most people.

If you say that Jagex don't care about bots, then why was I banned for not botting?

I was nolifing two skills that freaking won't make a difference to RuneScape because they don't create new items into the game. Firemaking and Agility...

If I skill other skills, it's for my own personal use. :3

So, yeah, Jagex: 1, Gogl: 0...

Bots will always be there, and they pay about a bit less than a membership for Australia, bots help us at times...

Maples should be 36 GP but they're around 110 when I got 92-99 Firemaking. :L

If you say that Jagex don't care about bots, then why was I banned for not botting?

I was nolifing two skills that freaking won't make a difference to RuneScape because they don't create new items into the game. Firemaking and Agility...

Bots will always be there, and they pay about a bit less than a membership for Australia, bots help us at times...

Dat faulty bot detection.

Bots only help the people who dont get money via skilling/common monster killing to be honest.

Edited by Jacky

Dat faulty bot detection.

Bots only help the people who dont get money via skilling/common monster killing to be honest.

Then, should people really bot or should bots be available for specific things? Such as people who are quadpallegic? (or how ever they spell it)

Heard a story of a 30 year old (who I am related to) who just became one. >_<

@People who say Jagex isn't trying There are tonnes of ways that they work but it isn't always present. Many times they'll watch a bot for a while and then ban everybody that they interact with. Even then, for every bot you ban 30 take their place. If they wanted to keep members relatively bot free, all they'd have to do is raise the price of membership so that it is unprofitable to bot. This would shift most to f2p so it wouldn't be popular with most people.

...Evidence?

Raising the price of Membership will cause legitimate players to quit.

The last time they tried something like that (Pure Ess), RWTers started stealing credit cards.

...Evidence?

Raising the price of Membership will cause legitimate players to quit.

The last time they tried something like that (Pure Ess), RWTers started stealing credit cards.

EVIDENCE!

Of course it would be unpopular (I said that) but that's one of the reason that WoW doesn't have nearly as large of a bot problem as most f2p MMOs.

The more credit cards they steal, the more charges they face, the faster they're put out of business.

I just tried frosts recently. My profits were 70% or less than before, due to reduced bone prices and a much larger crowd. Damn those bots to hell.

I just tried frosts recently. My profits were 70% or less than before, due to reduced bone prices and a much larger crowd. Damn those bots to hell.

Can't wait until higher dung resources come out so I can cash onto them I guess. :D

I don't understand why someone would risk a 85 dung acc for some cash + it's afkable anyway, you have to pretty lazy to bot it. :L

I don't understand why someone would risk a 85 dung acc for some cash + it's afkable anyway, you have to pretty lazy to bot it. :L

Those aren't people's bots, those are gold farmers' bots. They're getting the gold to RWT.

How do they get 85 Dungeoneering though? Dungeoneering sounds near impossible to bot. :D

How do they get 85 Dungeoneering though? Dungeoneering sounds near impossible to bot. :D

My friend got 80 dung botting.

You can bot it very fast.

There's an increasing amount of bots being made to Dg with :(.

Heard on RSOF when you type "Your resistance to dragonfire is about to run out!" or w/e the message is, the bot drinks antifire. Could kill bots, until scripts are updated

There's an increasing amount of bots being made to Dg with :(.

To dungeoneer with? I highly doubt they do, as its pretty obvious they are bots, they most likely just solo.

I've been reading some of the comments throughout the pages.

And yeah, there are bots at Frosts now. Many of you know that of course.

Also there are bots doing Dungeoneering. Not necessarily like how true Dungeoneerers do it but they do Solo Dungeons. It's much slower but I guess they don't care because first of all they're botting.

I'm not too sure about how to stop Frost Dragon bots. I don't think you can just type in the message "Your resistance to dragon fire has ran out." Because they mostly rely on ID's of things. So I could only think of slowing down their process by dropping the frost dragon bones then covering them with something that covers them. But I think now it'd have to be items that are more than the G.E. price of the bones. So that'd be a waste unless you really hate bots.

The only way I can think of being better is just outdoing them. They aren't like regular players. If anything they're slower but they do the same task over and over. Unlike regular people do.

I don't want to say this is a good thing. It definitely isn't now because I have Turmoil so no need for frosts to be low. I did like this money making method but ehh it did get boring.

Hmm... only other things I can think of is just having like a cannon near theres so they misclick it, and the same with a familiar. Just things that will make them waste time.

Maybe even lure them away from their "designated" path. As in if they're banking in Daemonheim lure them away from that bank.

It just sucks because it's useless because it's just your time wasted on something you can't really fix.

Didin't Jagex say they would deal with the bots with the come back of free trade back in February?

It's nearly May now.

:D