Sal's RuneScape Forum
Protoss

League Of Legends

There's also a site called championselect.net which you can quickly find champion guides for.

There's also a site called championselect.net which you can quickly find champion guides for.

Yea I'm just trying to stay away from those now since I've been relying on them for a while. Just trying to get a feel for what are good item combinations.

Yea I'm just trying to stay away from those now since I've been relying on them for a while. Just trying to get a feel for what are good item combinations.

I wouldn't stay away from those. Moba Fire, Champion Select, and LOLKing have very great guides, especially on item selection. Hell, I still rely on them and 90% of the time, they work well with me. I primarily use Moba Fire and LOLKing. I usually only use Champion Select when determining counters when I play ranked. LOLKing also helps you scout enemy ranks if you get the time during loading screens.

Just understand this in item selection for champions: There are usually 3 core items per champ. Get those, and then you are free to select the other 3 items which then become situational items. Situational Items depend on your lane match up; for example:

1) If you are top lane and you are fighting an AD champion, you may build 1-2 items with armor. If you're going against AP, you may build Magic Resistance. This may determine your boot selection except in the case you play Mid or ADC in which case you build Sorcerer's/Berserk's.

2) If the enemy team is more AD based, you will build more Armor based items than Magic Resistance. The reverse also applies. This may determine your boot selection if Jungle, although Jungle usually gets Boots of Mobility for stronger clear/ganks unless they need the extra MR/Armor.

I wouldn't stay away from those. Moba Fire, Champion Select, and LOLKing have very great guides, especially on item selection. Hell, I still rely on them and 90% of the time, they work well with me. I primarily use Moba Fire and LOLKing. I usually only use Champion Select when determining counters when I play ranked. LOLKing also helps you scout enemy ranks if you get the time during loading screens.

Just understand this in item selection for champions: There are usually 3 core items per champ. Get those, and then you are free to select the other 3 items which then become situational items. Situational Items depend on your lane match up; for example:

1) If you are top lane and you are fighting an AD champion, you may build 1-2 items with armor. If you're going against AP, you may build Magic Resistance. This may determine your boot selection except in the case you play Mid or ADC in which case you build Sorcerer's/Berserk's.

2) If the enemy team is more AD based, you will build more Armor based items than Magic Resistance. The reverse also applies. This may determine your boot selection if Jungle, although Jungle usually gets Boots of Mobility for stronger clear/ganks unless they need the extra MR/Armor.

The main thing is that I struggle to find time to play since I have to go and look up guides and then alt tab or have my tablet to look at them. It's just more effort than I want, I just want to kick back and kill people.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it guys.

I don't personally use item sets(I personally think that static builds only work until a certain skill cap), but if you took like 10 minutes to use the custom sets it would help you remember what you itemized towards.

I don't personally use item sets(I personally think that static builds only work until a certain skill cap), but if you took like 10 minutes to use the custom sets it would help you remember what you itemized towards.

So do you change everything on the fly? Aren't certain champions generally played a certain way?

Yeah, every game I try to itemize according to the enemy team(This is from a tank players perspective), since I don't think stagnant item builds help you out that much.

Yeah, every game I try to itemize according to the enemy team(This is from a tank players perspective), since I don't think stagnant item builds help you out that much.

Ah yea I gotcha. When I play tank that's what I tend to do, I just ask my friends which items to go though. :P But for ADC and AP builds is there really that much variance? Maybe toning down attack speed for raw damage, but idk I can't think of too much variance.

Ah yea I gotcha. When I play tank that's what I tend to do, I just ask my friends which items to go though. :P But for ADC and AP builds is there really that much variance? Maybe toning down attack speed for raw damage, but idk I can't think of too much variance.

for adcs, not really

build order is almost always

Bloodthirster/Infinity Edge/Infinity Edge+Vamp Scepter/Blade of the Ruined King -> Phantom Dancer/Statikk Shiv -> Last Whisper -> Second Damage Item -> Defensive Item

aps can vary a lot, lots of times zhonya's will be your first buy depending on the champion and some champions benefit a lot from stuff like liandry's/rylai's/lich bane as opposed to others

Edited by Ramon

for adcs, not really

Bloodthirster/Infinity Edge/Infinity Edge+Vamp Scepter/Blade of the Ruined King -> Phantom Dancer/Statikk Shiv -> Last Whisper -> Second Damage Item -> Defensive Item

aps can vary a lot, lots of times zhonya's will be your first buy depending on the champion and some champions benefit a lot from stuff like liandry's/rylai's/lich bane as opposed to others

Yeah, ADC's have the most generic build. Only Ezreal has another build, but its more of an Expert level build.

Sometimes ie is better is a first item for some champs.

lw is a really strong item - you can even get second

Infinity Edge is a "situational" item in the adc build. Why? You build it first if you're ahead, or later if evenly matched/losing lane. BT/BotLK is usually a priority before IE because ADCs need to run sustain unless they have a support champ that is healing them, then they usually build IE before BT/BotLK. As a Miss Fortune player, I usually rush either BT or PD first and typically build IE 3rd.

I also wouldn't recommend getting LW second, as opposed to buying it 4th-6th. Why? Because usually a tank is not established until mid/late game. Sure, they'll have armor items, but you should be able to deal 200+ per auto attack on a tank before buying LW.

Another key thing about ADCs is that you never want to exactly rush an item. A decent strategy for ADCs is to build parts of main build items. For example, I usually build BF Sword, Zeal, Beserker's, Vamp Scepter and then depending how well I'm doing, I'll either complete a main item, or buy another BF Sword (BT and IE both need them) for Miss Fortune. This way I can deal damage faster and land the occasional crit because of Zeal while gaining some sustain from Vamp Scepter and Doran's blade.

Usually, I would recommend to buy a doran's blade first, unless you want to rush a Vamp Scepter. But Doran's Blade has sustain in it too, just not as good as vamp scepter.

boots of mobility helps out speed when ganking and they're actually not gotten too often unless you need to snowball a LOT of lanes with multiple ganks. a lot of the time junglers go tabis/mercs.

i like item sets because there a lot of champions which almost guaranteed build a couple of items (like vladimir builds spectral wraith, zhonyas, and hat).

AP's vary depending on what they should do in teamfights (e.g. lissandra it's good to rush Zhonya's on because she E's into the entire fight and then R's herself)

ADC's don't vary much until the 6th item where they build defensive (then sometimes you go randuin's/GA/mallet even)

for adcs, not really

Yeah, ADC's have the most generic build. Only Ezreal has another build, but its more of an Expert level build.

blue ezreal is not really expert level, it's just reliant on hitting his Q. blue ezreal I'd recommend for Ezreal just because it adds a lot of utility and GREAT kiting potential (think Ashe but 5x better) because his E is at a ~~7s CD which is reduced by Ezreal's Q.

most ADC's build pretty stagnantly, with a varying first item and then an Attackspeed item>LW.

Edited by Linux

you build IE if your champion needs the power spike and has no steroids or AD scaling abilities, or doesn't need sustain to position

• Ashe
  • MF
  • Caitlyn
  • Twitch
  • Trist

you build IE if your champion needs the power spike and has no steroids or AD scaling abilities, or doesn't need sustain to position

• Ashe
  • MF
  • Caitlyn
  • Twitch
  • Trist

MF you build BT>Cleaver because of her ult.

trist i see a lot of blade as well as twitch. ashe is normally IE because of her passive.

but basically the first item of an ADC varies, but the following items are normally almost the exact same, depending on the build order. MF is a special case because her teamfight potential is not with her AA's, but her ult (because of the massive AOE DPS as well as armor shred with cleaver).

Edited by Linux

• Ashe
  • MF
  • Caitlyn
  • Twitch
  • Trist

thats the way genja plays her

anyways, lw is a really unnoticed item.

i say that its an item worth getting 3rd at the latest

it helps quite a bit

• Ashe
  • MF
  • Caitlyn
  • Twitch
  • Trist

thats the way genja plays her

anyways, lw is a really unnoticed item.

i say that its an item worth getting 3rd at the latest

it helps quite a bit

i don't know why you thought LW is an unnoticed item considering it's almost guaranteed on all carries on the 3rd spot. I wouldn't recommend getting it 2nd or first, because normally by the time you get your second/first item people won't have gotten enough armor to make it's passive worth it. there are much better things to get for second/first e.g. raw damage/sustain for the lane/atk speed for more DPS in skirmishes.

blade first is not that good of an item on any carry but vayne, because vayne has been shifting to a flat AS %HP damage build path

on trist/any other ADs, it makes the rest of your build path clunky unless you're shizzleting gold

Infinity Edge is a "situational" item in the adc build. Why? You build it first if you're ahead, or later if evenly matched/losing lane. BT/BotLK is usually a priority before IE because ADCs need to run sustain unless they have a support champ that is healing them, then they usually build IE before BT/BotLK. As a Miss Fortune player, I usually rush either BT or PD first and typically build IE 3rd.

I also wouldn't recommend getting LW second, as opposed to buying it 4th-6th. Why? Because usually a tank is not established until mid/late game. Sure, they'll have armor items, but you should be able to deal 200+ per auto attack on a tank before buying LW.

Another key thing about ADCs is that you never want to exactly rush an item. A decent strategy for ADCs is to build parts of main build items. For example, I usually build BF Sword, Zeal, Beserker's, Vamp Scepter and then depending how well I'm doing, I'll either complete a main item, or buy another BF Sword (BT and IE both need them) for Miss Fortune. This way I can deal damage faster and land the occasional crit because of Zeal while gaining some sustain from Vamp Scepter and Doran's blade.

Usually, I would recommend to buy a doran's blade first, unless you want to rush a Vamp Scepter. But Doran's Blade has sustain in it too, just not as good as vamp scepter.

Building parts of items isn't good. You should rush BT not BF>Zeal>BT

Last whisper shouildn't be your 4-6th item it should be 3-4. BT>PD>LW

IE is more of an item ment to be rushed on certain champs or gotten later on certain champs. Trist and Cait do well with IE. Graves, Varus, Draven get it later.

blade first is not that good of an item on any carry but vayne, because vayne has been shifting to a flat AS %HP damage build path

on trist/any other ADs, it makes the rest of your build path clunky unless you're shizzleting gold

I've found BOTRK to be very good on Varus. It helps proc his Blight very fast and since he has no form of escape the active helps him. I've seen much better results on BOTRK Varus than BT Varus.

yellowpete playing and he rushed a botrk and then a lw.

but hes fed too

yellowpete playing and he rushed a botrk and then a lw.

but hes fed too

pros =/= solo q

Blue Ezreal is only good if you're ahead. I watched some video where the maker talks about how much more gold Blue Ezreal takes to hit its power spike as opposed to standard ADC builds. If you're behind and you go for the Blue build you will just be doing absolutely shizzle damage.

http://gyazo.com/676...1ca0f02af43f9ff

4v5 oplz

been liking irelia mid, a lot of mids can't deny her free farm, and she can normally kill them once ~3/4 through a coupld of trades..

Blue Ezreal is only good if you're ahead. I watched some video where the maker talks about how much more gold Blue Ezreal takes to hit its power spike as opposed to standard ADC builds. If you're behind and you go for the Blue build you will just be doing absolutely shizzle damage.

link plz? also it's not that bad, you need around ~~5k because once you get gaunt and Bt/lizard your in business

Edited by Linux

Building parts of items isn't good. You should rush BT not BF>Zeal>BT

Really? As MF I have no problems, even in solo q. The reason being that MF generally falls slightly behind in Attack Speed. The reason I go for BF -> Zeal -> BT if so that I can land her W passive faster and deal more damage per hit.

Again, its my build, I was just using as an example. I find it easier to build in parts instead of rushing a single item. Usually, I only rush an item if I'm losing to the enemy adc. Again, I only suggested it if you're ahead.

Edit: That moment the word "again" becomes the word of the day for yourself... :box:

Edited by Gary Oak

http://gyazo.com/676...1ca0f02af43f9ff

4v5 oplz

been liking irelia mid, a lot of mids can't deny her free farm, and she can normally kill them once ~3/4 through a coupld of trades..

link plz? also it's not that bad, you need around ~~5k because once you get gaunt and Bt/lizard your in business

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.