Sal's RuneScape Forum
Protoss

League Of Legends

the new update + the jungle timers that are going to be added soon have finally pushed me to quit league

i no longer have it installed, and have moved on to the much better game, dota 2.

I'm thinking bout that. Tell me how you find it.

I got my first penta yesterday. It was with Yasuos

its a lot more fun, way more complicated, way prettier, and full of russians.

...unless you play on US servers, in which you will be stuck with the South Americans! :P

The US servers are actually a 50/50 split of Brazilians and Russians.

Russians on the US servers? Amazing, they are leaving EU West..! :lol:

It seems like this topic is dead but anyway, I must share this exciting news with all of you -

I got my first pentakill yesterday at level 29! As fiddlesticks, which isn't a huge surprise. Of course, there's a funny little story to it too. So basically for the entire game, the only ranked player on my team was raging at me, saying that I was a wuss (not exact words ofc) for not risking my incredibly squishy champ. The game was relatively level, about 30 mins in, and I saw a delicious opportunity for my ult. So I did, melted 4 of them, their Malphite got away but I managed to chase him down and get my penta. Directly after it, I typed into the chat, "Sorry what was that?" and he instantly disconnected. Regardless, we won shortly after.

Ohh it feels so good.

Not only that, but this win was the one that got me from level 29 to 30. Double achievement! It was a good day.

It seems like this topic is dead but anyway, I must share this exciting news with all of you -

I got my first pentakill yesterday at level 29! As fiddlesticks, which isn't a huge surprise. Of course, there's a funny little story to it too. So basically for the entire game, the only ranked player on my team was raging at me, saying that I was a wuss (not exact words ofc) for not risking my incredibly squishy champ. The game was relatively level, about 30 mins in, and I saw a delicious opportunity for my ult. So I did, melted 4 of them, their Malphite got away but I managed to chase him down and get my penta. Directly after it, I typed into the chat, "Sorry what was that?" and he instantly disconnected. Regardless, we won shortly after.

Ohh it feels so good.

Not only that, but this win was the one that got me from level 29 to 30. Double achievement! It was a good day.

Gratz! Before you start doing ranked (since you're 30 and all), I suggest you learn how to support and hunker down and learn to really use 5 champions (typically one per role). Also start establishing your rune pages.

In other news, I finally got myself to Gold. I feel accomplished for the year lol

I started playing a few weeks ago, after MFI took the time to teach me to play. Don't have too much time to play now that uni started again but I'm having a lot of fun. I generally prefer playing top or jungle, but I'm still pretty crap :P

Ok who's watching worlds?

I am. The excitement of these games is killing me. Last night's FNC v. OMG was probably the best game so far despite being an hour and 11 minutes long. I root for TSM, so it was fun to watch them play their new champions. Sadly they have to play against SSW, but I think they honestly can win if they have been watching their matches. SSW's weakness is their carry lanes, which happen to be almost the same as TSM's (Jungle and Mid). I can honestly say the series would end up 3-1 in SSW's favor, but it would be nice to see the series go 3-2 in either direction.

If I had to rank the regions based off of performance, I'd say its KR > EU = NA > CH > Wild Cards. I'm really hope all the NA teams make it past the group stage. But LMQ has SSB and OMG as its last games (which if they lose both, its a possible tiebreaker with FNC), while C9 has NWS, and given ALL's standing, they will beat KB to take the second seed leaving C9 to win their last 2 games in order to make a tiebreaker.

But I must say I'm really excited Dyrus got to make it to worlds yet again, being 1 of 2 players to have gone to worlds every single season. I honestly can say he may last 1 more season, but I think he would not be disappointed if he retired this season and pursued a streaming career.

So I want to say the worlds final will be SSW vs. OMG. Reasons being that SSW seems to have better synergy and determination over SSB. OMG over SHRC because of the support change. Its very clear that the support change on OMG made the difference and to be the only team to take the series 3-0 at worlds, proves they have their strengths over their own region. In the end, I think SSW will win, due to the fact they are mechanically better, specifically in the bot lane.

Anyways, opinions on the Sion rework anyone? His Q is literally a nuke. If they do nerf him, thats the first nerf (I run only one damage item: Ravenous Hydra, and with an early Doran's Blade + RH, his lvl 5 Q at max charge deals 700 damage). He's fairly easy to use. My advice: Get the timing down on his Q. Remember, only 1 second channeling is required for the Stun+Knock-Up. Only build one high damage item (such as Ravenous Hydra): your main objective is to dish out damage while being the frontline of your team. Your Q already does nuclear levels of damage, so the goal is to build Health (Sion's W scales with Health), Armor, and MR to boost your survival.

Its very satisfying landing his Ult and Q together ^.^

Haven't posted in Sals in awhile, but I've hit Gold IV. I main Yasuo/TF (mid lane) and I'm trying to get good at Riven because I got CS Riven. I also really like playing Viktor, but lol...

I normally play 5s (ranked or norms) with IRL friends.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to in League.

My league username is Prinz now, don't think I'll change for awhile.

RISE GREAT ANCIENT THREAD OF THE DEEP

So when your entire team dies, what is the most logical thing for you to do? You wouldn't run straight at them and get the enemy team to run circles around the river wall right? You wouldn't do this to buy time for your team to respawn right? You wouldn't poke at their greedy needs for that one kill/ace/assist right? I may have done this playing Udyr, and by god my plan worked.

RISE GREAT ANCIENT THREAD OF THE DEEP

So when your entire team dies, what is the most logical thing for you to do? You wouldn't run straight at them and get the enemy team to run circles around the river wall right? You wouldn't do this to buy time for your team to respawn right? You wouldn't poke at their greedy needs for that one kill/ace/assist right? I may have done this playing Udyr, and by god my plan worked.

I guess it depends what part of the game you're at, what champ you're playing, and what role you're in. I usually go and farm when I don't have enough gold, or if you're support ward up your jungle, or if you need to back anyway, do so, buy stuff, dance in base, whatever. But this isn't too common for me since I always die in these mass-killing scenarios :P

Isn't the approach to this fairly common in MOBAs?

• If they are severely weakened and you are a carry, and you assess the situation such that you can do it, you man up and fight them 1v5.
  • If you can not fight, splitpush and threaten other lanes so they either lose objectives while they take your objectives, or they drop their siege and try to chase you.
  • If you can not push, farm gold to be strong enough for the next fight.
  • Lurk and gank them when they break off so you can immediately counter-push with an advantage after your team respawns.
  • Get yourself killed, AllChat "GG, damn noobz made us lose, finish fast plz" and proceed to do nothing all game.

Get yourself killed, AllChat "GG, damn noobz made us lose, finish fast plz" and proceed to do nothing all game.

This is the only legitimate approach.

Get yourself killed, AllChat "GG, damn noobz made us lose, finish fast plz" and proceed to do nothing all game.

This is the only legitimate approach.

10/10, how to play League of Legends 101

Played a couple games yesterday with a friend. Taking a long break really rejuvenated my interest in the game. It's fun again :P

Played a couple games yesterday with a friend. Taking a long break really rejuvenated my interest in the game. It's fun again :P

If you have IRL friends who play, League is always pretty fun.

So after switching my "main" champion more (to Azir), I think I've moved on past to Viktor...? I don't really think I main champions, really... I'm still trash at Riven, I really like Viktor and I feel like Sydra wouldn't be too bad, but I'm not really feeling her kit. I got back into Runescape, so I only play League with friends, I don't really solo Q much, and I'm mostly busy during the week, but hey, I still play.

IDK what i did but i got my first S+ today. I was grinding the last 2 matches of my placements today and got stuck with support on my last match. Had an ashe for ADC and I got first blood on the level 3 all in. We proceed to shizzle on the enemy jinx and janna and I wound up 3-0-3 and ashe was 3-0-3 by the 10 minute mark. Fast forward to the end I wound up being 3-1-21 and ashe was 13-2-9. Wound up getting silver 2 after my placements so i have that going for me which is nice.

TL:DR

wp5sbG6.jpg

That's weird, I get S+ pretty commonly (as in whenever I pubstomp a normal, which isn't uncommon really), it's stopped being such a rare occurrence for me.

I have had 2 accounts (well, 3 really) for awhile now, but only 2 which I play on. I've switched to maining Ekko now (AP Ekko mid I find really fun due to his ult :P), but I still play a bit of Azir on the side (whenever Ekko is picked or banned). Still working on the Shurima Shuffle or whatever it's called, but I think I'm getting it down? It's not easy, and it's pretty frustrating if I do say so myself, because I'm not sure if it's ping or something else.

I got champion mastery 5 of Ekko on Prinz on NA, but I used to have an account called Prinz Charming also on NA (my smurf), but I transferred that account to LAN (now called "Prinz"). No habla espanol, but the 50 ping is pretty great. Anyway, I think LAN members are just in general worse than NA (like by rank - in Silver III, thornmail is a common build (AGAINST AP TEAMS MFW...) and 50cs< at 10 minutes is unheard of, really), although the first match I played, the warding was just in general a lot better (for the rank), but mechanically, NA>LAN.

I also made an Ekko only account (once I get the 6300 IP) called, "Always Zaun Time".

I got a B with Zyra in the mid lane. I think she's underrated as a mid laner. I like her, she can be very strong. :)

P.S. Is anyone looking forward to the NA server move to Chicago? I am because this will help a lot of East Coast people playing league. Hopefully, this will stablize ping not just for the East Coast but for everyone as well! :D

That's weird, I get S+ pretty commonly (as in whenever I pubstomp a normal, which isn't uncommon really), it's stopped being such a rare occurrence for me.

I have had 2 accounts (well, 3 really) for awhile now, but only 2 which I play on. I've switched to maining Ekko now (AP Ekko mid I find really fun due to his ult :P), but I still play a bit of Azir on the side (whenever Ekko is picked or banned). Still working on the Shurima Shuffle or whatever it's called, but I think I'm getting it down? It's not easy, and it's pretty frustrating if I do say so myself, because I'm not sure if it's ping or something else.

I got champion mastery 5 of Ekko on Prinz on NA, but I used to have an account called Prinz Charming also on NA (my smurf), but I transferred that account to LAN (now called "Prinz"). No habla espanol, but the 50 ping is pretty great. Anyway, I think LAN members are just in general worse than NA (like by rank - in Silver III, thornmail is a common build (AGAINST AP TEAMS MFW...) and 50cs< at 10 minutes is unheard of, really), although the first match I played, the warding was just in general a lot better (for the rank), but mechanically, NA>LAN.

I also made an Ekko only account (once I get the 6300 IP) called, "Always Zaun Time".

LAN is also a significantly smaller region in terms of number of players, so you're bound to find weird things. Also thornmail is a fine item so long as it's not built against AP teams.

I'm getting pretty hyped for worlds. The Korean finals have been super good so far, really hoping the finals will deliver.

Lately been trying to play other roles like top and adc to get better with. I usually just play whatever is left cause people often argue over roles. I went to the NA LCS Finals. It was interesting experience. I didn't really have a certain team of winning in mind but I just wanted the winner to deserve it. CLG definitely deserved it, they played way better than TSM.

Funny part was the salty TSM fans behind me just complaining about how they suck and to bench their players. This is why I'm not really a huge sports and or e-sports fan. Some people take it so seriously...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.