Sal's RuneScape Forum
Protoss

League Of Legends

Ranked is not something to get into at that many wins.

Try to win your first few ranked or else you will fall deeeep into elo hell.

Elo Hell doesn't exist but ok.

I don't understand how people play ranked. FIRST GAME:

Duo queue with XIN ZHAO ADC and Soraka support. Soraka never warded once. Xin Zhao and Soraka, after dieing a combined 7 times and getting 0 kills, then started to troll and feed (died a combined 14 times by 17:22)

Played another ranked and won, 2/2/9 Vlad Top.

you cant win every game, as someone who played almost 1.5k ranked games S2, don't try to be negative abt 1 game, keep going.

please stop trying to give advice, from what I've been reading you're not even level 30

it depends on your perception, I agree with you, I'm going to sound like such a broken record, but when I first played rank, boom, 600 elo. Played 200 normal wins later, go into ranked, winning streak, losing streak, bigger winning streak.

I think I was adjusting to competitiveness from 600-700 elo, but once I got rolling I got 800, then won EVERY game from 900-1200, then hit bronze, dipped back down.

look at your replays, practice CSing in customs, bots, normals, don't look at particular creeps, look at them as a whole

elo is really how much time you invest to be good at the game, tbh

and I'm also so mad I can't play yet on this laptop. I think I could, but I don't want to try, lmao.

Duo queue with XIN ZHAO ADC and Soraka support. Soraka never warded once. Xin Zhao and Soraka, after dieing a combined 7 times and getting 0 kills, then started to troll and feed (died a combined 14 times by 17:22)

you cant win every game, as someone who played almost 1.5k ranked games S2, don't try to be negative abt 1 game, keep going.

please stop trying to give advice, from what I've been reading you're not even level 30

it depends on your perception, I agree with you, I'm going to sound like such a broken record, but when I first played rank, boom, 600 elo. Played 200 normal wins later, go into ranked, winning streak, losing streak, bigger winning streak.

I think I was adjusting to competitiveness from 600-700 elo, but once I got rolling I got 800, then won EVERY game from 900-1200, then hit bronze, dipped back down.

look at your replays, practice CSing in customs, bots, normals, don't look at particular creeps, look at them as a whole

and I'm also so mad I can't play yet on this laptop. I think I could, but I don't want to try, lmao.

Assuming you are never the cause of a loss then statistically over the course of many games your elo will be going up. I always find it amusing though, I have multiple friends above 1.6k elo, and when they start doing ranked on their smurfs they have no problem getting back to that rating.

Its the point when you can start carrying the games yourself. ^

Assuming you are never the cause of a loss then statistically over the course of many games your elo will be going up. I always find it amusing though, I have multiple friends above 1.6k elo, and when they start doing ranked on their smurfs they have no problem getting back to that rating.

tbh some games you just can't win, and it's not your fault

but blaming others doesn't make it easier

I lost 10 games in a row over the course of a weekend thanks to getting leavers lol

Well, you depending on how good you are, you can carry games to a point.

you don't have to be good, you have to be better then 9 other people

No you cannot. In norms, yes, in ranked? To actually make a big enough difference, it'd have to be like a plat player in 500 ELO.

Still good though. :D

No you cannot. In norms, yes, in ranked? To actually make a big enough difference, it'd have to be like a plat player in 500 ELO.

Not really. All those pro players who are plats carry in gold.

I got from 600-1200 in a month, moaning and groaning won't get you better, investing the time you spend moaning and groaning getting better will

I not moaning and groaning.

you've been playing for like two months, you're not even lv30

I haven't complained one little bit lol. Where are you getting this?

Carry? I assure you, you can only carry so much. One good player, while nice, does not make an insta-win. You need your entire team, unless said player is willing to give step by step directions (where to ward, etc.)

In theory, if the Elo match making system is perfect, then the other team will win, because Dyrus' team is being dragged down by noobs. basically, the point is - you can only carry so much. In gold, if it's perfectly balanced, and one team has Dyrus, that team will win, because Dyrus does carry his own weight + a little more. But no one can carry that hard. I'd rather have 2 1k Elo players on a team then just Dyrus.

Edited by Linux

Carry? I assure you, you can only carry so much. One good player, while nice, does not make an insta-win. You need your entire team, unless said player is willing to give step by step directions (where to ward, etc.)

In theory, if the Elo match making system is perfect, then the other team will win, because Dyrus' team is being dragged down by noobs. basically, the point is - you can only carry so much. In gold, if it's perfectly balanced, and one team has Dyrus, that team will win, because Dyrus does carry his own weight + a little more. But no one can carry that hard. I'd rather have 2 1k Elo players on a team then just Dyrus.

if you can't carry then maybe you're in the right ELO?

if you can't carry then maybe you're in the right ELO?

I'm not even rated

What im trying to say is that if Dyrus drops to like 1K elo im pretty sure he can carry. :D

There is a difference between being dyrus-good and regular good.

A regular good player may play at a skill level higher than their current elo, but aren't good enough to carry his 4 teammates by him/herself, and can possibly get stuck at a lower elo than he/she should be playing at. I was an example of this when I was stuck in the 1200s. I was better than the average 1200 player, but I was unable to carry the rest of my team single-handedly and that resulted in me being stuck there for a month or two.

Players like Dyrus or other pros are capable of carrying their 4 teammates just because they are so far below their actual elo.

Edited by Protoss

A regular good player may play at a skill level higher than their current elo, but aren't good enough to carry his 4 teammates by him/herself, and can possibly get stuck at a lower elo than he/she should be playing at. I was an example of this when I was stuck in the 1200s. I was better than the average 1200 player, but I was unable to carry the rest of my team single-handedly and that resulted in me being stuck there for a month or two.

Players like Dyrus or other pros are capable of carrying their 4 teammates just because they are so far below their actual elo.

If you are better than the elo you are playing at then you should never have a bad game or be a part of the team losing. Leaving you with 4 people with the potential the throw games, to the other teams 5. Grinding games in this situation will increase your elo.

If you are better than the elo you are playing at then you should never have a bad game or be a part of the team losing. Leaving you with 4 people with the potential the throw games, to the other teams 5. Grinding games in this situation will increase your elo.

This, it doesnt matter where your at, if you are truley better than the elo your currently at, ,you will rise, slowly, but it will happen.

the funniest part is if you haven't noticed dyrus is a terrible example, since he loses top lane constantly and nice doggy!es at both teams junglers

a better example would be Adc sosleepyy, but nobody knows him

the funniest part is if you haven't noticed dyrus is a terrible example, since he loses top lane constantly and nice doggy!es at both teams junglers

a better example would be Adc sosleepyy, but nobody knows him

I'm judging Dyrus based on his Elo

i hope you realize solo Q is elo hell, even in 2k there are trolls everywhere

i hope you realize solo Q is elo hell, even in 2k there are trolls everywhere

Then why can people get to 2K + in Solo q?

They can carry themselves.

I got Irelia. :D

MY League is messed up now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.