Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

Since I started Uni, I've kind of neglected this whole site, but I'm here!

Made a logo (finally) for this experimental black metal project me and my dad started:

1349122674_reverbnation_fb_app_banner.png?922933628

That's pretty cool, I remember listening to that Dunkelheit demo you made, got any other stuff?

so a foreign exchange student from scandinavia turned me on to Mayhem. Holy god, you think your black metal? well do ya punk? no, your nothing campared to these guys.

http://weirdestbandi...1/02/16/mayhem/

they make decent music to.

Not to burst your bubble but along with Darkthrone and Burzum they're one of the most famous black metal bands :P But yeah pretty extreme.

If you want extreme though, you want the band Silencer, the lead singer, Nattramn, was admitted to a mental institute, and may have attacked a girl with an axe (There was only one swedish news story reporting it so doubtful whether or ot that's true) there was also rumour he cut off his hands and sewed on pigs feet in place, although that was just a picture of him holding the feet (still pretty weird)

http://images2.wikia...er_Nattramn.jpg

^Nattramn (A fair bit of blood but no actual gore)

Also anyone got any interesting shows coming up? I'm going to see Anaal Nathrakh, Winterfylleth and <c o d e> on the 30th of Novemer, also seeing GY!BE and meeting up with Whitey, but that's not metal :D

Edited by Joyful Lemon

got any other stuff?

By sheer coincidence, we just finished a demo song and put it on our facebook page's "Band Profile" app:

(I think it'll start playing as soon as you click)

https://www.facebook.com/Dyptgripende/app_2405167945

got any other stuff?

By sheer coincidence, we just finished a demo song and put it on our facebook page's "Band Profile" app:

(I think it'll start playing as soon as you click)

https://www.facebook.../app_2405167945

Pretty cool, my only advice would have the wall of sound stuff infront of the background melody more of a wall (less stop start) other than that, don't think I've got much to add :D

Also anyone got any interesting shows coming up? I'm going to see Anaal Nathrakh, Winterfylleth and <c o d e> on the 30th of Novemer, also seeing GY!BE and meeting up with Whitey, but that's not metal :D

:D I'll make it metal. If I bring my denim jacket full of black metal patches haha.

Pretty cool, my only advice would have the wall of sound stuff infront of the background melody more of a wall (less stop start) other than that, don't think I've got much to add :D

We'll have faster pieces too, it just happens that this is one of the slower demo songs we're doing.

:D I'll make it metal. If I bring my denim jacket full of black metal patches haha.

THat will be metal, I'm thinking of being generic and wearing my LYSFLATH shirt :P

We'll have faster pieces too, it just happens that this is one of the slower demo songs we're doing.

I'm probably explaining this terribly :P but I meant have the wall of sound one continuous thing with no noticable note changes :D

I'm probably explaining this terribly :P but I meant have the wall of sound one continuous thing with no noticable note changes :D

Oh. That wasn't really what we were going for, but we try to be about halfway to a huge indistinguishable wall of sound.

THat will be metal, I'm thinking of being generic and wearing my LYSFLATH shirt :P

I really do regret not buying a t-shirt when I saw them last year, definitely get one this year.

Oh. That wasn't really what we were going for, but we try to be about halfway to a huge indistinguishable wall of sound.

That's cool then, what you're going for is more important than my personal taste :P

Parkway Drive's new album is amazing.

In 13 days I'm seeing Lamb of God and In Flames, with Hatebreed and Sylosis. I'm excited for everyone but Hatebreed, I don't really like them. Here's some Sylosis:

Then a couple weeks after that, I'm seeing Machine Head :D Dethklok is the headliner, and All That Remains and Black Dahlia Murder are opening. So November is going to be a great concert month for me.

Also, here's a band that I just found out about. These guys are sick.

Power metal Dimmu Borgir with better vocals O_O

Effing epic, man.

RIght? They just followed me on Twitter so I was like.... alright I'll check them out. I was blown away.

MY IN FLAMES SHIRT CAME TODAY!!! 13 days until I see them!

In 13 days I'm seeing Lamb of God and In Flames, with Hatebreed and Sylosis. I'm excited for everyone but Hatebreed, I don't really like them. Here's some Sylosis:

Then a couple weeks after that, I'm seeing Machine Head :D Dethklok is the headliner, and All That Remains and Black Dahlia Murder are opening. So November is going to be a great concert month for me.

I'm a fan of Sylosis, was gonna see them last year but missed out on the ticket sales (found out about the show too late) :(

Also while on CD, TBDM are pretty average they put on incredible live show :D

Parkway Drive's new album is amazing.

I hope to Odin and Thor that this is sarcasm, a strange sense of humor, or both.

I'm a fan of Sylosis, was gonna see them last year but missed out on the ticket sales (found out about the show too late) :(

Also while on CD, TBDM are pretty average they put on incredible live show :D

That's what I've heard. Still trying to convince my buddy of that :P

Anyway I'm super excited for that show.

Guys, my Wintersun album + shirt just came in the mail. I'm about to listen. I've never been so excited for an album.

So I've listened to the album twice through now.... gotta say it's probably the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Definitely worth the wait even though it's short.

Edited by _Zj

Guys, my Wintersun album + shirt just came in the mail. I'm about to listen. I've never been so excited for an album.

So I've listened to the album twice through now.... gotta say it's probably the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Definitely worth the wait even though it's short.

Nice, I'll have to give it a listen once NBBMN is over (Nothing but black metal November :P)

Nice, I'll have to give it a listen once NBBMN is over (Nothing but black metal November :P)

You need to make an exception.

So last night I saw Lamb of God + In Flames, with Hatebreed and Sylosis. Probably the best crowd I've seen at a show. It was incredible.

I used to write for/play in a small black metal band. Zanferion. I handle the guitars, the clarinet ran through distortion, and all vox in these two songs.

Saw Megadeth live a few days ago. Kyng was the opening act. They played the entire Countdown to Extinction album in its entirety, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes metal.

Also I'm planning on seeing Veil of Maya and Killswitch Engage in December. Not a huge fan of Killswitch at all though, but Periphery is a supporting act. So s'all gewd.