Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

I wish power metal did go away it just seems so boring imo. Music needs to be entertaining and have emotion, I feel power metal lacks it, I know my views will be trampled on due to the sheer number of people who adore power metal on this forum I do see the appeal just for me never did quite gel.

I think this was the reason I just gave up listening to heavy metal for so many years haha.

Well tbfh power metal has 100x the "emotion" that death/black has (which to me is just people growling about Satan or how everyone will die or some shizzle like that lol) and to be honest I seem to be one of the only ones here who enjoy it. :(

And with this post, I leave

I'm enjoy most power metal, just not stuff like Sonata Arctica.

Don't like them either. :D

Keyboards are okay, don't get me wrong, but after a while you get sick of them... I'm more of a fan of guitar-based power metal, like Gamma Ray and Helloween.

pretty much.

Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Metal Church, Kamelot, Pyramaze, Hammerfall, etc.

I love most power metal too. Most of my friends say it's crap though.

But I rather listen to Symphonic Power Metal bands like Kamelot and Rhapsody of Fire.

Trying to come away from power metal for a minute (Even though I downloaded alot of Iced Eath and Gamma Ray today :P) I bought Terrorizer (Magazine) today, turns out Varg Vikernes is still a complete nutter but he's also released remastered versions of Burzums first two album. The mag came with a CD which included the new version of 'ea, lord of the depths' and honeslty I really think it doesn't stand up to the original :( low fi production was what made burzum great. :D

Trying to come away from power metal for a minute (Even though I downloaded alot of Iced Eath and Gamma Ray today :P) I bought Terrorizer (Magazine) today, turns out Varg Vikernes is still a complete nutter but he's also released remastered versions of Burzums first two album. The mag came with a CD which included the new version of 'ea, lord of the depths' and honeslty I really think it doesn't stand up to the original :( low fi production was what made burzum great. :D

because otherwise you could hear how bad they were? :D

Got this shirt:

ice1002lg.jpg

Edited by Balmung

because otherwise you could hear how bad they were? :D

Got this shirt:

ice1002lg.jpg

DAMN YOU!!!

Nice shirt though :P

Speaking of shirts, are there any respectable online retailers? I usually find things just by searching individually for what I want or by going to band websites, but it'd be nice to go through a selection once in a while. Headbangersmall is apparently not exactly intended for headbanging, and suburban Florida is not the best place to look for an Amon Amarth shirt.

Speaking of shirts, are there any respectable online retailers? I usually find things just by searching individually for what I want or by going to band websites, but it'd be nice to go through a selection once in a while. Headbangersmall is apparently not exactly intended for headbanging, and suburban Florida is not the best place to look for an Amon Amarth shirt.

Wait are you in florida or is that where you've seen shirts on websites?

Wait are you in florida or is that where you've seen shirts on websites?

I live about an hour north of Tampa. The only stores I've been able to see around here are Hollister or Hot Topic. And the Hot Topic is just flooded with Wiz Khalifa and Asking Alexandria.

5 new names for Graspop Metal Meeting today:

Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, DevilDriver, Exodus and Alestorm

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, good 30 years ago, decent

Disappointing.

More like: CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP and AMAZING. Alestorm is awesome Pirate Metal. :3

DID YOU JUST fudgeING SAY EXODUS IS CRAP

Disappointing.

More like: CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP and AMAZING. Alestorm is awesome Pirate Metal. :3

Yeah right wtf

Google "Rockabilia"... they have tons of merch.

See the 2nd post on this page for an explanation as why it was said.

Disappointing.

I understand why you don't like KSE or Hatebreed, but why DevilDriver? They were awesome in concert.

Change genre for more fans? Sellout. Plus, crap vocals (try harsher vocals, e.g Be'lakor, Wolfchant, etc.) and music is too happy for their genre. Plus, it's American Metal.

Have you listened to DevilDriver's albums? They haven't changed at all. They're one of thew few bands who haven't sold out.

You should probably actually listen to them before you blindly comment.

Umm... used to listen to them a long time ago, I even listened to them when Beast came out. Then I realised how crap they are. And now, I get to diss them. How fun for me and how you're wrong. Maybe you shouldn't assume at all.

I ACTUALLY HAVE A BAND I CAN GO SEE LIVE-

Be'lakor, Melo-Death from MELBOURNE. I GET TO SEE THEM FOR $15-$35 a ticket. They are brilliant, I may say.

But, they are writing their third album and then touring, so no shows at all for the mean time.

Just not enough Violin for you?

I don't only listen to Folk/Pagan Metal. I have Black Metal, Death Metal and Melo-Death, etc. I have enough violin at home. 'K?

Disappointing.

I understand why you don't like KSE or Hatebreed, but why DevilDriver? They were awesome in concert.

Change genre for more fans? Sellout. Plus, crap vocals (try harsher vocals, e.g Be'lakor, Wolfchant, etc.) and music is too happy for their genre. Plus, it's American Metal.

Have you listened to DevilDriver's albums? They haven't changed at all. They're one of thew few bands who haven't sold out.

You should probably actually listen to them before you blindly comment.

Umm... used to listen to them a long time ago, I even listened to them when Beast came out. Then I realised how crap they are. And now, I get to diss them. How fun for me and how you're wrong. Maybe you shouldn't assume at all.

I ACTUALLY HAVE A BAND I CAN GO SEE LIVE-

Be'lakor, Melo-Death from MELBOURNE. I GET TO SEE THEM FOR $15-$35 a ticket. They are brilliant, I may say.

But, they are writing their third album and then touring, so no shows at all for the mean time.

Just not enough Violin for you?

I don't only listen to Folk/Pagan Metal. I have Black Metal, Death Metal and Melo-Death, etc. I have enough violin at home. 'K?

I'll start with saying metal is like an apple, no-one likes the core. Apart from that genre, I'm not against any other. I feel people take things out of proportions, listen to what you like and have enough respect for others (except core, mock it all you want :D).

Seeing how the bigger bands already made a name for themselves, it's in the newcomers we should lay our hope. They can experiment all they want, but when a known band does it, it's immediately flagged as 'crap' and 'sellout'.

Be happy metal isn't becoming mainstream, imagine how weird it would be if you went out and see everyone wearing black, 'trve kvlt' gear. I'll pass, I want to be known as 'that guy who listens to metal', makes me feel good to be different than most :(

Disappointing.

I like Bonded By Blood, it's pure, straightforward 80's thrash.

But have you fudgeing heard Shovel Headed Kill Machine?

I'll start with saying metal is like an apple, no-one likes the core. Apart from that genre, I'm not against any other. I feel people take things out of proportions, listen to what you like and have enough respect for others (except core, mock it all you want :D).

Seeing how the bigger bands already made a name for themselves, it's in the newcomers we should lay our hope. They can experiment all they want, but when a known band does it, it's immediately flagged as 'crap' and 'sellout'.

Be happy metal isn't becoming mainstream, imagine how weird it would be if you went out and see everyone wearing black, 'trve kvlt' gear. I'll pass, I want to be known as 'that guy who listens to metal', makes me feel good to be different than most :(

I would like metal to be mainstream, that way I could:

a) Enjoy the radio

b) Talk about music offline

c) Enjoy music at parties

d) Enjoy music at the pub (Although 80s pop's not that bad :P)

e) Go and see music with friends

Also I don't listen to metal to be different, I listen because I enjoy it

I'll start with saying metal is like an apple, no-one likes the core. Apart from that genre, I'm not against any other. I feel people take things out of proportions, listen to what you like and have enough respect for others (except core, mock it all you want :P).

a) Enjoy the radio

d) Enjoy music at the pub (Although 80s pop's not that bad :D)

Hmm, you do raise some valid points. Then again, I like how it is at the moment.

And about the last point, since I quit Runescape (and my awkwardly unsocial life) last December, I've been to 6 or 7 concerts. It's not much, but I've made great friends and we continue to hang out every week if there's a chance.

Hehe, I think we all listen to it for the same reason - enjoyment.

To end, as this will be my last post here, I wish you the very best with managing this thread and to keep it metal :D

Take care!

Edited by Matej

a) Enjoy the radio

d) Enjoy music at the pub (Although 80s pop's not that bad :P)

I agree completely with this post.

I would have no problem if metal became mainstream.

Also, not all big bands that try something new are considered sellouts. Lamb of God's last album Wrath was basically them experimenting to find something new to do, to see the range of Randy's vocals, etc. It wasn't a sellout by any stretch.

1 month and 2 weeks until new LoG album, also.

This Metal Open Air festival that's going to happen in Brazil. fudge I wish I could go, but it's in a state thats like 999999999999 km away from me lol. They've so far confirmed bands like Grave Digger, André Matos, Blind Guardian, Anthrax and Obituary. I'd love to go but meh lol

I'll start with saying metal is like an apple, no-one likes the core. Apart from that genre, I'm not against any other. I feel people take things out of proportions, listen to what you like and have enough respect for others (except core, mock it all you want :P).

a) Enjoy the radio

d) Enjoy music at the pub (Although 80s pop's not that bad :D)

Metal is already mainstream, there's quite a few radio stations that are playing Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, and many other metal bands regularly. I can even watch music videos for metal bands on demand.

I listen to metal because I like the sound. Same reason I'll listen to Dubstep, or House. If it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it, regardless of genre.

It's just that metal and dubstep are fairly similar :D

a) Enjoy the radio

d) Enjoy music at the pub (Although 80s pop's not that bad :lol:)

Also, not all big bands that try something new are considered sellouts. Lamb of God's last album Wrath was basically them experimenting to find something new to do, to see the range of Randy's vocals, etc. It wasn't a sellout by any stretch.

Yeah I like Lamb of God even if they are one of the most well known bands, I don't like the way many metal fans see popularity as selling out or poser :P

Be happy metal isn't becoming mainstream, imagine how weird it would be if you went out and see everyone wearing black, 'trve kvlt' gear. I'll pass, I want to be known as 'that guy who listens to metal', makes me feel good to be different than most :D

a) Enjoy the radio

Metal is already mainstream, there's quite a few radio stations that are playing Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, and many other metal bands regularly. I can even watch music videos for metal bands on demand.

I listen to metal because I like the sound. Same reason I'll listen to Dubstep, or House. If it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it, regardless of genre.

Can you get that radio station in England? also don't talk heresy, dubstep is nothing compared to metal :P

a) Enjoy the radio

Yeah I like Lamb of God even if they are one of the most well known bands, I don't like the way many metal fans see popularity as selling out or poser :P

Be happy metal isn't becoming mainstream, imagine how weird it would be if you went out and see everyone wearing black, 'trve kvlt' gear. I'll pass, I want to be known as 'that guy who listens to metal', makes me feel good to be different than most :D

a) Enjoy the radio

Can you get that radio station in England? also don't talk heresy, dubstep is nothing compared to metal :P

Probably, would have to pay for satellite radio subscription though :P

It's interesting, because Dubstep is kind of based off metal.

I think metal is far from mainstream, but to the more important part of your post, I need your radio!

Probably, would have to pay for satellite radio subscription though :(

(lol)

Sorry, had to.

a) Enjoy the radio

a) Enjoy the radio

Probably, would have to pay for satellite radio subscription though :P

Yeah but bring me the horizon is kind of based off metal, yet it's still hideous to listen to :/

Probably, would have to pay for satellite radio subscription though :(

(lol)

Sorry, had to.

I like this song.

Sorry.

Not saying it's "real" metal, but yeah.