Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

Which reminds me, if anyone hasn't listened to Gorguts do. Obscura is great. One of my favourites in the death metal genre.

Love those 2 bands! For some reason old school death metal has never done it for me, but technical death metal I find amazing.

It's also always lovely when there's great, audible bass in death metal, see also (my personal favourite): Quo Vadis.

Slough Feg isn't really metal in the traditional sense but I can dig it.

I like it a bit more for the instrumental work and not so much the vocals. Kind of like Periphery.

Which reminds me, if anyone hasn't listened to Gorguts do. Obscura is great. One of my favourites in the death metal genre.

Love those 2 bands! For some reason old school death metal has never done it for me, but technical death metal I find amazing.

It's also always lovely when there's great, audible bass in death metal, see also (my personal favourite): Quo Vadis.

He was only referring to one band :P Obscura is an album by Gorguts (Really experimental and different than nearly anything else) although the band Obscura is also great :D

He was only referring to one band :P Obscura is an album by Gorguts (Really experimental and different than nearly anything else) although the band Obscura is also great :D

Well that's confusing as hell. I only have one album by Gorguts (Considered Dead) so I didn't realize, haha.

Well that's confusing as hell. I only have one album by Gorguts (Considered Dead) so I didn't realize, haha.

Defiantly check out Obscura, while you may not like it, as I said it's very experimental and the songs are very varied on it :)

How do you guys feel about Burzum's upcoming album? I think that it's pretty good, but definitely not the best black metal out there.

It's pretty good in my opinion. More along the lines of his more recent work, such as "Belus" or "Fallen", but it still has that Burzum feel to it.

How do you guys feel about Burzum's upcoming album? I think that it's pretty good, but definitely not the best black metal out there.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rKtVFeUtGKk

I like it, while it's not old Burzum it's got a nice folky/pagan sound that I know he's going for, while not Burzum's best I still enjoy it :D

Also bought the debut album from Huntress yesterday Spell Eater, really good female fronted heavy metal with occult lyrics :P

LIKE A FRIGGIN BOSS BROS

Edited by Uther

LIKE A FRIGGIN BOSS BROS

<snip>

Freaking awesome. But I have to nitpick. I call BS on the violin playing. There's obvious vibrato in the recording, and you can't see him doing any at all.

Still, freaking awesome. He's one hell of a musician.

New Gojira comes out in a month. Can't wait.

Edited by _Zj

LIKE A FRIGGIN BOSS BROS

<snip>

I saw the album art preview from their FB page a few weeks ago.. this is going to be impressive. (huge understatement - come on, it's Gojira!)

LIKE A FRIGGIN BOSS BROS

<snip>

I saw the album art preview from their FB page a few weeks ago.. this is going to be impressive. (huge understatement - come on, it's Gojira!)

I don't know if you've heard it or not, but here's a single from the upcoming album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJ1RXzzkkA

A friend of mine does album reviews for a Belgian metal community (Ashladan), and he has already listened to Gojira's new album in its entirety to write a review about it, and he says it's brilliant. Would've expected no less of course.

No, I could't convince him to let me listen to it just once, unfortunately.

I am extremely jealous of your friend.

Amazing Swedish prog metal/hard rock with somewhat strange band name/track titles/everything.

I love it.. what do you think, metalthread-ers? Edited by Dugorithon

I'm sorry people I have recently been neglecting metal :( although I have been neglecting it for crust punk which is about as close to metal as you can get wwithout actually being metal :P

Anyway if anyone's interested at the moment I'm listening to:

Recent Darkthrone (What got me into it)

Doom (Probably my favourite at the moment)

Amebix (Starters of the genre according to wikipedia)

Nausea

I'm sorry people I have recently been neglecting metal :( although I have been neglecting it for crust punk which is about as close to metal as you can get wwithout actually being metal :P

Nausea

Novembers Doom is excellent in my opinion, if you haven't already heard of them.

After multiple failed attempts at editing my previous post to get the embedding to work, I have decided to just post some Anaal Nathrakh instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwOKohNY9s

Edited by Plasma

Nausea

Novembers Doom is excellent in my opinion, if you haven't already heard of them.

Thanks I'll look into them :D

After multiple failed attempts at editing my previous post to get the embedding to work, I have decided to just post some Anaal Nathrakh instead.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DPwOKohNY9s

Good man. One of my favourite bands, pretty unique and completely chaotic :P

I don't know why, but I find metal in Dutch (my native language) the weirdest thing.

Instead of epic folk metal, it just sounds like some kids' TV show song with metal instrumentals. It might be because of the soft Dutch accent people from the Netherlands have. I'm wondering how Flemish Dutch folk, or any other kind of metal sounds now. We typically have a more Germanic sounding accent.

I don't know why, but I find metal in Dutch (my native language) the weirdest thing.

Instead of epic folk metal, it just sounds like some kids' TV show song with metal instrumentals. It might be because of the soft Dutch accent people from the Netherlands have. I'm wondering how Flemish Dutch folk, or any other kind of metal sounds now. We typically have a more Germanic sounding accent.

Personally I love Heidevolk, but as I don't speak dutch I really don't know that feel, songs in english are fine but that's probably due to the vast majority of all songs being english :P

Also everyone watch this, I loved it :D

Edited by Joyful Lemon

Pure epicness:

Just started listening to Mors Principium Est, Pure is one of the best melodeath songs I've heard in a long time.