Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

The poll is tough for a middle-of-the-road person like me to answer, because they announced that Time I will be released this year, but not Time II.. should we count both albums as one or separates?

Just go for Time I, we don't want to get too carried away :P

The poll is tough for a middle-of-the-road person like me to answer, because they announced that Time I will be released this year, but not Time II.. should we count both albums as one or separates?

Just go for Time I, we don't want to get too carried away :P

Fair enough, then I'll vote "yes". It never hurts to be optimistic.

Be'lakor are streaming their new album on YouTube!

Awesome!

Am I the only one not to really enjoy Wintersun? There's some of it I like but on a whole it's average album. Maybe it's just me.

A band worth checking out if your into doom/stoner stuff is Black Moth, there a local band but doing some good stuff in the UK at the moment.

Be'lakor are streaming their new album on YouTube!

Awesome!

Very good stuff!

POST MORE

I've been listening to some Primordial and Fleshgod Apocalypse lately. What's everyone else been up to?

POST MORE

I've been listening to some Primordial and Fleshgod Apocalypse lately. What's everyone else been up to?

I just listened to both FA albums yesterday :D

This week I went through entire discographies of Bodom and Kalmah, now I'm listening through Equilibrium. Waiting very impatiently for Gorjira.

Tons of Septicflesh (right spelling?) has been on rotation from Grooveshark/YouTube recently for me.

Probably my favorite song of theirs, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNY9cAMRwkQ

Edited by Dugorithon

POST MORE

Love both of them, been listening mostly to non metal (hip hop) recently :o but have also listened to a fair bit of older metal, mainly Saxon, Black Sabbath, Tygers Of Pan Tang and Sodom :)

Tons of Septicflesh (right spelling?) has been on rotation from Grooveshark/YouTube recently for me.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oNY9cAMRwkQ

I think it's Septic Flesh... but I've seen it SepticFlesh also. Who knows, who really cares.

I posted a vid of them a week or so ago, they're very good.

POST MORE

Love both of them, been listening mostly to non metal (hip hop) recently :o but have also listened to a fair bit of older metal, mainly Saxon, Black Sabbath, Tygers Of Pan Tang and Sodom :)

HIP HOP IS NOT METAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oNY9cAMRwkQ

I think it's Septic Flesh... but I've seen it SepticFlesh also. Who knows, who really cares.

I posted a vid of them a week or so ago, they're very good.

"Septicflesh" since 2007 apparently. Doesn't matter though.

4 more bands I can't get enough of lately: Agalloch, Alcest, Cormorant and Immortal. All really great bands, Cormorant being the least known but I've plugged them already in this topic. Real nice guys too, they talk to their fans a lot on their Facebook.

Septicflesh are good live, I saw them with Vader mind you SF did a better performance.

Went to a local thrash gig the other day was pretty rad. I'm liking the quality of local bands who are making some brilliant music with that DIY effect.

Went to a local thrash gig the other day was pretty rad. I'm liking the quality of local bands who are making some brilliant music with that DIY effect.

Speaking of thrash, I listened to some Testament today.

Anybody found any good thrash/melodeath/symphonic death bands lately? I'm craving something new.

Anybody found any good thrash/melodeath/symphonic death bands lately? I'm craving something new.

Bloodshot Dawn is pretty good.

Edited by Dugorithon

Bloodshot Dawn is pretty good.

Nice! Thank you.

Just got done listening to Turis Fratyr by Equilibrium. I can't hardly keep it in my pants when I listen to that album.

These guys followed me on Twitter, so I decided to check them out.

Kinda metalcore-ish IMO. I don't like it when the guy sings. I kept waiting for guitar solos and nothing happened. I think they have potential but I'm not crazy about them. Just thought I would throw this out there to anyone who might be interested.

God.. so many amazing bands coming near me.. sadly I don't have money for all of them. I have to chose between Rhapsody of Fire, Arch Enemy, At the Gates (definitely going), Leaves' Eyes + Atrocity, Dream Theater (would definitely go if the tickets weren't so expensive) and Nightwish... Probably just going to RoF and At the Gates.. and DT if I have enough money afterwards. Would love to see Arch Enemy live.. and I don't really care about Leaves' Eyes and Atrocity so... I need to decide.

anyone else jamming to some my chemical romance? god these guys are ****ing hardcore, **** makes me want to go sucker punch a walmart greeter and steal their smiley-face stickers so i can burn them to illustrate my inner sadness

metal as ****, call me iron man nice doggy!es

anyone else jamming to some my chemical romance? god these guys are ****ing hardcore, **** makes me want to go sucker punch a walmart greeter and steal their smiley-face stickers so i can burn them to illustrate my inner sadness

metal as ****, call me iron man nice doggy!es

you're so trv man

Got myself the limited edition of Kreator's new album Phantom Antichrist today, came with documentary of the making of aswell as Wacken performances of 2008 and 2011. Watched the documentary now gonna listen to the album :D

I quite like Phantom Antichrist. It's nothing groundbreaking or anything, but it's good old fun thrash. Okay, well, maybe not so old.

Edited by Kwinten

well about time someone breaks this deathblackmelodeathextremebrutalrealtrue metal thing

Edited by Uther

well about time someone breaks this deathblackmelodeathextremebrutalrealtrue metal thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U

Speaking of that I've also been listening to a fair bit of Arckanum really quite good black metal aswell as Dragged Into Sunlight doom/death/black metal, thought you'd like them Uther :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U

Speaking of that I've also been listening to a fair bit of Arckanum really quite good black metal aswell as Dragged Into Sunlight doom/death/black metal, thought you'd like them Uther :P

Well you guys had such potential :closedeyes:

Arch Enemy

GO SEE THEM NOW!

@Uther: I've been listening to a fair bit of power lately ^_^

Edited by _Zj