Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

Vther, yov're jvst not kvlt enovgh to vnderstand trv metal.

Uther I was just listening to some Judas Iscariot (raw black metal) and Kamelot is next on my itunes, so I'm currently listening to The Black Halo, just for you :D

God.. so many amazing bands coming near me.. sadly I don't have money for all of them. I have to chose between Rhapsody of Fire, Arch Enemy, At the Gates (definitely going), Leaves' Eyes + Atrocity, Dream Theater (would definitely go if the tickets weren't so expensive) and Nightwish... Probably just going to RoF and At the Gates.. and DT if I have enough money afterwards. Would love to see Arch Enemy live.. and I don't really care about Leaves' Eyes and Atrocity so... I need to decide.

I can agree there. Ticket prices are crazy. I like the lesser known bands due to the fact there ticket prices are a lot cheaper. I paid £40+ (I think it's $70-80) for Judas Priest a couple of years back but Megadeth put on a way better show imo.

Some metal acts are becoming like those pop acts like Coldplay, Jay-Z etc or whatever charge insane prices for a mediocre show (LOL I WILL GET FLAMED)

God.. so many amazing bands coming near me.. sadly I don't have money for all of them. I have to chose between Rhapsody of Fire, Arch Enemy, At the Gates (definitely going), Leaves' Eyes + Atrocity, Dream Theater (would definitely go if the tickets weren't so expensive) and Nightwish... Probably just going to RoF and At the Gates.. and DT if I have enough money afterwards. Would love to see Arch Enemy live.. and I don't really care about Leaves' Eyes and Atrocity so... I need to decide.

I can agree there. Ticket prices are crazy. I like the lesser known bands due to the fact there ticket prices are a lot cheaper. I paid £40+ (I think it's $70-80) for Judas Priest a couple of years back but Megadeth put on a way better show imo.

Some metal acts are becoming like those pop acts like Coldplay, Jay-Z etc or whatever charge insane prices for a mediocre show (LOL I WILL GET FLAMED)

I heard that when The Big Four thing waas in the US ticket's were $200, that's about £30 a band!

Arch Enemy

GO SEE THEM NOW!

Well, the concert is in a few months.. so I'll probably have enough money by then.

The tickets for DT cost $70 for regular tickets and $100 for VIP.

I agree. I think that mostly happens to big name bands though. Nothing that I really listen to or am dying to see live.

I think the most I've paid for any show is about $35. And that was an all day festival. Most normal shows that I go to are around $25 for typically 4 bands.

I wish that I had more to contribute to the subject, but I don't have a very large collection of power metal. But, I do enjoy Avantasia a lot. I'm assuming that you do, too, considering your username used to be G Laymann.

Edit: Is it just me, or is power metal incredibly alive in South America? On almost every song on Youtube, a lot of the commenters are speaking in either Spanish or Portuguese.

Edited by Plasma

Edit: Is it just me, or is power metal incredibly alive in South America? On almost every song on Youtube, a lot of the commenters are speaking in either Spanish or Portuguese.

Well it used to be very popular from the 90s up until a few years ago, because of bands like Angra and Shaman, but recently tbh it's much less present. And Angra recently fired their singer, who was André Matos's replacement and joined in 2000ish I think. Power metal concerts don't have that much audience these days here aswell. But I can only speak for Brazil, the rest idk

And yea Avantasia was the band that got me into rock and metal music in general, one of my favorites :P

Edited by Uther

And yea Avantasia was the band that got me into rock and metal music in general, one of my favorites :P

What era of Avantasia do you like the most? I'm curious, not many people I know that are into metal have heard of them at all.

Going to see Lamb of God, Gojira, and Dethklok in August! So pumped! I'm sure my sister will disagree but she's taking me anyway. Gotta get the rest of the family into metal!

I've only listened to the last 3 albums of Avantasia so I don't really have opinion here. But I really liked them, even though they're barely power metal..

Going to see Lamb of God, Gojira, and Dethklok in August! So pumped! I'm sure my sister will disagree but she's taking me anyway. Gotta get the rest of the family into metal!

I'M GOING TO THAT SAME SHOW AND IT'S ON MY BIRTHDAY IN MY CITY! AND I'LL BE 21. HOW AWESOME IS THAT.

I'M GOING TO THAT SAME SHOW AND IT'S ON MY BIRTHDAY IN MY CITY! AND I'LL BE 21. HOW AWESOME IS THAT.

Honestly hope you are being serious.. And I'm going to the one in Pitttsburgh..

Honestly hope you are being serious.. And I'm going to the one in Pitttsburgh..

I am being 100% serious. Tickets are $50. I'm just a little bit excited.

What era of Avantasia do you like the most? I'm curious, not many people I know that are into metal have heard of them at all.

The first two albums, by far. And I love the first album, it's on my top 10, idk if I just really love it like that or if I'm biased because it's the first heavy metal record I ever listened to :P

@Javis

Their first two albums had this sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sci8posvBY

now thats what i call power metal son

Edited by Uther

fudgeing listen to this, so damn awesome. (and ignore the video, it's the only one with decent audio though)

Anyways, I'm looking for some more good black metal à la Immortal. Which means awesome songs, nice variation, a noticeable bass along with good production. I really don't like the low production black metal. It's just not for me. Right now, Sons of Northern Darkness is still my favourite black metal album. Has been for quite a long time now. Edited by Kwinten

Anyways, I'm looking for some more good black metal à la Immortal. Which means awesome songs, nice variation, a noticeable bass along with good production. I really don't like the low production black metal. It's just not for me. Right now, Sons of Northern Darkness is still my favourite black metal album. Has been for quite a long time now.

I can't really think of any bands I know of that sound a lot like Immortal, but have you heard of this little group called Summoning? They're pretty epic in my opinion.

summoning-oath-bound.jpg?w=500

Summoning seems quite nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. Dark Funeral seems to quite good too, the production is quite similar to Immortal's, but they're not nearly as good though.

Summoning seems quite nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. Dark Funeral seems to quite good too, the production is quite similar to Immortal's, but they're not nearly as good though.

Aha, just found something you might find amazing.

Edited by Dugorithon

Loved it, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbZOEZifgo&feature=player_embedded#!

One of the new Gojira tracks. Remind anyone of anything? Hint: "You'll die as you lived in a..."

Kinda disappointed by the album, only really like the title track so far.

Edited by Kwinten

fudgeing listen to this, so damn awesome. (and ignore the video, it's the only one with decent audio though)

Anyways, I'm looking for some more good black metal à la Immortal. Which means awesome songs, nice variation, a noticeable bass along with good production. I really don't like the low production black metal. It's just not for me. Right now, Sons of Northern Darkness is still my favourite black metal album. Has been for quite a long time now.

Sounds like you want kind of straightforward black metal, here's some:

Demonaz (Member of Immortal so you'll probably like it just like I)

Dissection (Last album is more melodeath but still great stuff)

Emperor (Quite symphonic at parts but good production that I think you'll probably like)

Marduk

Gorgoroth

Urgehal

A few of them do have a harsher sound than Immortal's later albums but they still have relatively straightforward songs :)

Sounds like you want kind of straightforward black metal, here's some:

Demonaz (Member of Immortal so you'll probably like it just like I)

Dissection (Last album is more melodeath but still great stuff)

Emperor (Quite symphonic at parts but good production that I think you'll probably like)

Marduk

Gorgoroth

Urgehal

A few of them do have a harsher sound than Immortal's later albums but they still have relatively straightforward songs :)

Thanks, I'll definitely check them all out when I have time. Demonaz sounds very nice so far. Dissection as well, both the black metal and melodeath stuff.

Edited by Kwinten

Loved it, thanks!

http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#!

One of the new Gojira tracks. Remind anyone of anything? Hint: "You'll die as you lived in a..."

Kinda disappointed by the album, only really like the title track so far.

Video is gone :(