Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

Rhapsody of Fire is doing a show near me as I'm writing this.. Tickets were to expensive, and I need to save money for other shows. Anyways, Going to see Dream Theater on August and (probably) Arch Enemy on December!

Edited by Javisnake

Anyone remember Katana (A traditional heavy metal band I shared many pages ago) anyway their new album Storms Of War is out, and I really like it, good solid stuff :D

Possibility of Maiden England tour coming to Brazil on March next year. My brother already said that if they do come, we're definetly going. :wub:

Possibility of Maiden England tour coming to Brazil on March next year. My brother already said that if they do come, we're definetly going. :wub:

They'll also certainly be touring around Europe so that's something to look forward to for me. :)

Part of me is secretly hoping they'll start working on a new album too after the Maiden England tour.

@Lemon: Katana seems like a pretty fun band, much like White Wizzard:

Cheesiest music video ever by the way. But it's still fudgeing awesome, fun, not-so-serious, straightforward good ol' heavy metal.

Edited by Kwinten

Bodom just switched labels, back to Nuclear Blast. Who they were with when they produced their first 3 (and best 2) albums.

I just listened to some Hypocrisy. Now I'm about to listen to Yngwie.

Been listening to Entombed's Left Hand Path and totally forgot how rad it actually is. Anyone got any similar suggestions? I don't want tech death or whatever just chugging chainsaw riffs, you know what I mean? It's been years since I've listened to death metal properly and forgot the bands I was into.

Been listening to Entombed's Left Hand Path and totally forgot how rad it actually is. Anyone got any similar suggestions? I don't want tech death or whatever just chugging chainsaw riffs, you know what I mean? It's been years since I've listened to death metal properly and forgot the bands I was into.

Looked at my large death metal collection and I have no to no swedish death metal (style not the country :P) Entombed, Bloodbath, and that's it really :P If you asked for tech, I could give you loads Edited by Joyful Lemon

Looked at my large death metal collection and I have no to no swedish death metal (style not the country :P) Entombed, Bloodbath, and that's it really :P If you asked for tech, I could give you loads

The thing is with tech death, it's alright and all but I find a little boring after a while. Maybe it's just be. Cynic and Death probably do it for me most. I know there are other bands out there similar (or better :aware:) but straight up death metal is sometimes best in my eyes. Bloodbath are good, there first EP is in that 90's vein so I dig it.

I used to have LOADS of metal but my hard disk crashed a couple of years ago and lost it all, can't remember what I had and didn't, that's one reason I post in here haha!

Dissection is pretty good, I prefer The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane more than the rest of their discography.

Also, they have pretty sweet album arts:

tumblr_m48znpv5241r1uj3fo4_1280.jpg

dissection_storm-of-the-light-s-bane_cover.jpg

Dissection is pretty good, I prefer The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane more than the rest of their discography.

Also, they have pretty sweet album arts:

Oh I know Dissection. Those two albums are up there in my favourite metal albums. Cheers though. I wanted some balls to the wall death metal, I'll look on rateyourmusic.com they always have some good recommendations.

Also I really want Dissection and Entombed on vinyl, the artwork like you said it SWEET!

fudge YEAH, just graduated high school! Allow me to celebrate with some really cheesy folk metal!

fudge YEAH, just graduated high school! Allow me to celebrate with some really cheesy folk metal!

that video lololololol. Kinda amusing how they pronounce vodka like "wodka".

and congrats!

I really love this song and all its rawness.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=drFWMceZdM0

I was nodding my head in approval throughout the whole song. Nice. Edited by _Zj

Consuming Impulse, Testimony of the Ancients, Spheres - Pestilence are all solid albums, Cannibal Corpse's first 4 are a good listen, Cancer's first 2 albums, really anything by Bolt Thrower, Piece of Time - Athiest, Heartwork - Carcass (grindcore, still somewhat death metal haha), just a few examples, also it's been a while, whats up? :P

that video lololololol. Kinda amusing how they pronounce vodka like "wodka".

and congrats!

That's how you're supposed to pronounce it n00b

Anyways, I've made myself a couple of more metal wallpapers these past months, and here they are: http://imgur.com/a/JmQDB#0

Feel free to use them, of course.

Edited by Kwinten

Consuming Impulse, Testimony of the Ancients, Spheres - Pestilence are all solid albums, Cannibal Corpse's first 4 are a good listen, Cancer's first 2 albums, really anything by Bolt Thrower, Piece of Time - Athiest, Heartwork - Carcass (grindcore, still somewhat death metal haha), just a few examples, also it's been a while, whats up? :P

Heard all Cannibal Corpse, until Kill. I don't really see the appeal. It's OK but not for me. Same again with Atheist. Unquestionable Presence is there only album I can actually take time to listen too fully. I like Cynic, Veil of Maya was cool.

Carcass are bit boring. Too focused on stupid solos and stuff. Maybe I'm thinking too much :s. I've listened to all those bands, cheers anyway. Theres only a handful of metal bands that actually have impressed me and that's usually something black metal.

Anyway I'm good, still listening to music, just not metal 100%. There is so much more out there to be bound to one genre! haha.

Been listening a lot to these songs

Edited by Uther

While Heaven Wept is so far one of the longest-standing bands in my library. They still continue to amaze me after countless listens. Come to Belgium already!

The lyrics and instruments blend in so beautifully in all their songs.

Edited by Kwinten

I got started listening to Elena Siegman. (of all people.)

But yeah, she does that death metal stuff for the treyarch Nazi Zombies series. I got quickly bored with her since all her songs seemed to spell out "death is magic" and I went on to listening to Avenged Sevenfold. Don't hate, but I think they're my favorite. I also like All that Remains and even though I don't think of it as metal (more of a hard rock.) I also like Three Days Grace.

I have not heard of the band in the poll, I will have to check them out. I hate how most all people I know refer to metal in general as "satan music" when all of it isn't. -_-

Edited by C4Kevin

While Heaven Wept is so far one of the longest-standing bands in my library. They still continue to amaze me after countless listens. Come to Belgium already!

I remember reccomending them to you, think it might have been before this thread started, in the music reccomendation thread :D

I remember reccomending them to you, think it might have been before this thread started, in the music reccomendation thread :D

I do remember as well!

Sorry about neglecting this thread, but I'm gonna have to neglect again, off to Cyprus for two weeks tomorrow, have some black metal reccommendations as a parting gift :P

Addaura

Miserere Luminis

Draugadróttinn

Nocternity

Panopticon

Austere

Satanic Warmaster

Wilds Forlorn

Sorry about neglecting this thread, but I'm gonna have to neglect again, off to Cyprus for two weeks tomorrow, have some black metal reccommendations as a parting

Cyprus is not a metal destination. What treachery is this?

I started listening to Soilwork and Disarmonia Mundi. Kind of liked them, but they sound a bit metalcore-ish.. What do you guys think?

Time to acquire this.