Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

I started listening to Soilwork and Disarmonia Mundi. Kind of liked them, but they sound a bit metalcore-ish.. What do you guys think?

It sounds more like melodic death metal to me.

Really great song, by the way \m/

Looking at some of the band logos in the videos posted here reminds me of this:

402697_10150498695921344_8185331343_8854004_460629977_n.jpg?w=614

Don't get me wrong though; I do love the genre.

Looking at some of the band logos in the videos posted here reminds me of this:

402697_10150498695921344_8185331343_8854004_460629977_n.jpg?w=614

Don't get me wrong though; I do love the genre.

Wolves in the Throne Room? hehe.

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not....

Official release date for Time I is October 19th, 2012.

Hi guys. I'm still alive!

Last concert I've been to was quite nice, I primarily went to see:

Heideroosjes: Dutch punk - I was quite disappointed, I thought punk would have more energy live but it did not.

Sepultura: very nice, I'm not a huge fan but it was a good performance.

Triggerfinger: Belgian (stoner)rock, I was pleasantly surprised, they're really good musicians and they played a nice set.

Sunday I'll be seeing Dio Disciples, Ministry, Saxon, In Flames, and Machine Head live. Mostly going for Saxon and Machine Head. I've heard Dio Disciples are quite good as well. In Flames... We'll, I'll be standing in the back of the audience hoping they'll something from their first albums.

Closest concerts I can go to will be in November... Kreator, Nile, Morbid Angel and after that Wintersun and Korpiklaani. Looking forward to that for sure!

Heideroosjes: Dutch punk - I was quite disappointed, I thought punk would have more energy live but it did not.

Triggerfinger: Belgian (stoner)rock, I was pleasantly surprised, they're really good musicians and they played a nice set.

Sunday I'll be seeing Dio Disciples, Ministry, Saxon, In Flames, and Machine Head live. Mostly going for Saxon and Machine Head. I've heard Dio Disciples are quite good as well. In Flames... We'll, I'll be standing in the back of the audience hoping they'll something from their first albums.

Closest concerts I can go to will be in November... Kreator, Nile, Morbid Angel and after that Wintersun and Korpiklaani. Looking forward to that for sure!

Nice, I was just at the Rockstar Mayhem Fest, with Slayer, Anthrax, and Slipknot on the bill, among other core bands signed to Sumerian.

I really recomend Korpiklaani's new album, Manala.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ZZzXz4cS4

Really good, their best in my opinion :P

Sounds pretty damn good, I'll have to get it now :P

Nice line ups, I would definitely be going to Kreator if I had the oppurtunity, my favourite thrash band

I saw Machine Head and In Flames both at Rockstar Mayhem last year... both were good. In Flames wasn't headlining so their setlist was real short, but they're still fun to see. They played a lot of older stuff.

Nice, I was just at the Rockstar Mayhem Fest, with Slayer, Anthrax, and Slipknot on the bill, among other core bands signed to Sumerian.

I've heard Slayer is not very good live :unsure: A good friend of mine said they pretty much just stood around. Still played good, but just wasn't a great show. I didn't go to Mayhem mostly because Slipknot was there. I was really only interested in Slayer and Anthrax.

I really recomend Korpiklaani's new album, Manala.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ZZzXz4cS4

Really good, their best in my opinion :P

Ahhh I forgot that album came out!

I'm also getting the new Testament album. Came out yesterday.

:o MUST GET!

My favourite American thrash metal band :P

I saw Machine Head and In Flames both at Rockstar Mayhem last year... both were good. In Flames wasn't headlining so their setlist was real short, but they're still fun to see. They played a lot of older stuff.

In Flames isn't headlining this time either (Machine Head is), but their set is still 1 hour and a half. Which I hope they don't fill with their new whiny popcore. Machine Head, fortunately, will be playing for 2 and a half hours right after that!

I'm gonna have to check Testament's new album out too.I've heard quite positive reviews.

Edited by Kwinten

:o MUST GET!

My favourite American thrash metal band :P

It's good. I really like it. :)

In Flames isn't headlining this time either (Machine Head is), but their set is still 1 hour and a half. Which I hope they don't fill with their new whiny popcore. Machine Head, fortunately, will be playing for 2 and a half hours right after that!

I'm gonna have to check Testament's new album out too.I've heard quite positive reviews.

Which albums don't you like? I actually really like A Sense of Purpose (came out in 08 I think). But I think they only played 1 or maaaaaybe 2 songs off that album, and only 1 off of their new album which had just come out when I saw them.

And yeah, I enjoyed Testament's new album.

Edited by _Zj

Personally I like even the new albums from In Flames but Colony will always be their best for me :P

Sunday was awesome. Dio Disciples started off pretty good, albeit with a short set. After that came Ministry. Absolute shizzle sound, I don't know what was going on there. The absolute opposite of enjoyable. Saxon was fudgeing amazing. After 30 years these guys don't show any signs of slowing down, great entertainers, great music, and great atmosphere! In Flames... meh. Played one older song I think. But I found them so very boring. Great sound though, and the set was more of a light show than anything else. Machine Head... what can I say? The best performance of the night is an understatement. Non stop energy for 2 hours.

The audience was great as well. Not too many obnoxious drunk guys, which is always nice. Only complaint is that the merch they sold was pretty bad.

Sunday was awesome. Dio Disciples started off pretty good, albeit with a short set. After that came Ministry. Absolute shizzle sound, I don't know what was going on there. The absolute opposite of enjoyable. Saxon was fudgeing amazing. After 30 years these guys don't show any signs of slowing down, great entertainers, great music, and great atmosphere! In Flames... meh. Played one older song I think. But I found them so very boring. Great sound though, and the set was more of a light show than anything else. Machine Head... what can I say? The best performance of the night is an understatement. Non stop energy for 2 hours.

The audience was great as well. Not too many obnoxious drunk guys, which is always nice. Only complaint is that the merch they sold was pretty bad.

Sounds great, Saxon are really good and Machine Head were my fave band shortly after The Blackening came out, did they play Halo and Hallowed Be Thy Name? (My 2 favourite :P)

Sounds great, Saxon are really good and Machine Head were my fave band shortly after The Blackening came out, did they play Halo and Hallowed Be Thy Name? (My 2 favourite :P)

Halo, yes, along with many other fan favourites. Hallowed Be Thy Name would have been nice though, seeing as that song was in fact my first introduction (I guess "first" is kind of redundant but whatever) to Iron Maiden :)

Speaking of which, it's Bruce's birthday today. Also, does anyone have any (semi-) confirmed European tour information from Maiden yet? They should almost definitely be visiting Belgium next summer, but I hope so badly they'll be at a real metal festival then. Programming Black Eyed Peas after Iron Maiden at Rock Werchter last year was a fudgeing disgrace. So, please come to Graspop next time!

Just got back from town, bought myself the digipack version of the new Testament, comes with 4 bonus tracks (guessing powerslave is a cover of Iron Maiden) and a DVD with making of and live performances :D

Just got back from town, bought myself the digipack version of the new Testament, comes with 4 bonus tracks (guessing powerslave is a cover of Iron Maiden) and a DVD with making of and live performances :D

Nice! Of course Powerslave is a Maiden cover, and I must say a damn good one at that.

Nice! Of course Powerslave is a Maiden cover, and I must say a damn good one at that.

I saw on the back of the CD that it was the final bonus track and thought it was too big a coincidence not to be a cove, as yes it's very good.

Can't find a link for it but does anyone else get a Mayhem-Freezing Moon vibe from the title track's intro? :/

Can't find a link for it but does anyone else get a Mayhem-Freezing Moon vibe from the title track's intro? :/

I listened to it on youtubes, yeah a very slight bit.