Sal's RuneScape Forum
Joyful Lemon

Metal Thread

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Time by Wintersun will actually be released this year?

• Yes
    • No

nDIYm.png

Density of metal bands per 100.000 inhabitants

Winful maps are winful (hat tip)

Edited by Arianna

nDIYm.png

Density of metal bands per 100.000 inhabitants

Winful maps are winful (hat tip)

Don't think anyone's suprised to see most dense is the nordic countries :P

what do you mean there's metal in africa??????

what do you mean there's metal in africa??????

must...resist...black...metal...joke...

If you read the "hat tip" article you'd know that Botswana has 7 'certified' metal bands

must...resist...black...metal...joke...

I BET THEY PLAY BLACK METAL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because I won't be able to go to this beast of a festival Sunday...

427416_10151130306306007_354997815_n.jpg

...here's some Immortal!

I hope red guitars are trv enough, cause I just got this one...

p1FhA.jpg

And I fudgeing love it!

So I followed this account on twitter (https://twitter.com/MelodicDeathBot) that advertises Melodeath bands. I've heard some very good stuff from it, but almost all of the bands are Russian. I can't even remotely understand the lyrics like I can with some german metal. But the music is good.

NEW ENSIFERUM YESSSSS. 2 weeks.

Did find this from that twitter, though. You guys might like it.

Edited by _Zj

p1FhA.jpg

And I fudgeing love it!

What type of guitar is it? I can't see the logo on the headstock, seeing as it's the farthest from the camera in that pic.

p1FhA.jpg

And I fudgeing love it!

What type of guitar is it? I can't see the logo on the headstock, seeing as it's the farthest from the camera in that pic.

Ibanez RG350MX

p1FhA.jpg

And I fudgeing love it!

Ibanez RG350MX

Nice! Had you heard good things about that specific line of Ibanez axes?

p1FhA.jpg

And I fudgeing love it!

Ibanez RG350MX

Nice! Had you heard good things about that specific line of Ibanez axes?

I hadn't, actually. I went into the store without much of an idea of what I wanted. I tried a bit of everything, Les Pauls, one of those crazy Jackson metal guitars, then I spotted this one. Very reasonably priced for great quality. Or at least that was what the guitar store guy said. He played on it for a bit and it sounded pretty good, so I went with this one.

I hadn't, actually. I went into the store without much of an idea of what I wanted. I tried a bit of everything, Les Pauls, one of those crazy Jackson metal guitars, then I spotted this one. Very reasonably priced for great quality. Or at least that was what the guitar store guy said. He played on it for a bit and it sounded pretty good, so I went with this one.

Ah, I kinda did that for both of my guitars. The one I use the most often currently, the B.C. Rich Warbeast One, fit the purpose I needed it for: a good guitar to play live with, but also for occasional use in recording.

Pic:

BCRICHBEAST.jpg

This came up on shuffle today. It's been about 6 months since I've listened to it fully.

Rad.

I think that I feel a metal phase coming up again. Wouldn't be surprising, since this usually happens to me around fall/winter.

I know that you guys aren't huge fans of metalcore, but I'm really digging Pierce The Veill.

Edited by Plasma

I think that I feel a metal phase coming up again. Wouldn't be surprising, since this usually happens to me around fall/winter.

I know that you guys aren't huge fans of metalcore, but I'm really digging Pierce The Veill.

I see what you did there, posting a great band to lessen the blow of posting pierce the veil :P

I see what you did there, posting a great band to lessen the blow of posting pierce the veil :P

Nice, no amon amarth but still cool :P

Yeah, I didn't know Sabaton did any covers of this magnitude prior to hearing their latest effort.

Pretty cool. I really liked the vocals. They fit in well, even though it's not AA :P

Bodom does some pretty awesome covers too. One of the reasons I like them so much. How many melodeath bands do this? They will cover anything.

Couldn't get through the whole song.

How are Trivium and them considered the same genre? This is why I've argued that Trivium is more thrash....

How are Trivium and them considered the same genre? This is why I've argued that Trivium is more thrash....

Trivium is definitely more thrash-influenced to my ears. The band members have even stated that the influence is there, no mistake, as opposed to crapcore bands like Design The Skyline that say "hmm, well we have Led Zeppelin influences here" when all they play is chugga chugga bree bree rinse repeat.