Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wert

**** You Republicans

Oh, you mean God talking to the Jews? Before Jesus died on the cross?

No, I'm talking about the New Testament.

Here's a fine, popular example:

Matthew 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Revelation is a really cool horror novel too.

And I know that mass murder, slavery, hate, discrimination, etc. totally doesn't count before Jesus arrived to save us! I mean, it's not like it's the same god we're talking about here.

But I gotta give him something, that old man did become a little nicer in the new testament, only killing a few people here and there. But most of all kind Jesus threatens with eternal damnation.

Edited by Kwinten

*sigh*

If you can't be assed into reading about the old covenant and new covenant, I can't be assed into theological debates with you.

Hopefully the people of Minnesota will vote against this, or maybe they'll live up to the stereotype I have of every state of America other than California (everyone's gay there :D)

Do you guys want to go back on topic, or do I have to hand out verbals and delete about twelve posts?

Guys, Kwinten's view of the Bible is so skewed and makes so little effort to take into account anything besides his 21st century Eurocentric perspective that I wouldn't bother debating with him, especially when doing so is off-topic.

Advice to OP: more lulz achieved if topic title was "Forget You, Republicans"

Then you could have made an endless stream of Cee Lo Green jo—wait, there aren't many Cee Lo Green jokes? Well forget you and your little boyfriend!

un-Minnesotan proposal is un-Minnesotan.

I don't really care. Not my state, I'm not gay. Not my problem as far as I'm concerned.

That's like saying you wouldn't have a problem with apartheid in South Africa because you're not a South African black.

The people who are for this are homophobes, plain and simple. There is no rational reason to ban gay marriage.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If the law doesn't affect me, honestly, why should I care? I am not immediately affected whatsoever. Is that ignorant of me? No.

Do I necessarily agree with the ruling? No. I don't condone gay marriage, but I'm definitely not hell-bent against it. I don't see a point in a gay marriage ban.

Then that makes you selfish. Not much more I can say.

I don't understand how you can possibly think that way, but I guess it's up to you.

Lol @ comparing America to Apartheid South Africa.

Gay people aren't being segregated, they're not being made to carry ID cards and aren't banned from "straight" restaurants.

Gay marriage is a right, it's not a form of oppression, it's something that simply has not been adopted yet as gay tolerance hasn't risen to that level yet.

un-Minnesotan proposal is un-Minnesotan.

I don't really care. Not my state, I'm not gay. Not my problem as far as I'm concerned.

That's like saying you wouldn't have a problem with apartheid in South Africa because you're not a South African black.

The people who are for this are homophobes, plain and simple. There is no rational reason to ban gay marriage.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If the law doesn't affect me, honestly, why should I care? I am not immediately affected whatsoever. Is that ignorant of me? No.

Do I necessarily agree with the ruling? No. I don't condone gay marriage, but I'm definitely not hell-bent against it. I don't see a point in a gay marriage ban.

Then that makes you selfish. Not much more I can say.

I don't understand how you can possibly think that way, but I guess it's up to you.

Lol @ comparing America to Apartheid South Africa.

Gay people aren't being segregated, they're not being made to carry ID cards and aren't banned from "straight" restaurants.

Gay marriage is a right, it's not a form of oppression, it's something that simply has not been adopted yet as gay tolerance hasn't risen to that level yet.

It's a valid comparison. He was saying that he didn't care that the rights of a group were threatened because he wasn't part of said group.

You don't seem to take this seriously. Homophobic laws such as the ones forbidding gay marriage are oppressive towards us.

You say gay marriage is a right. Taking away the rights of a certain group is oppressive.

@bolded: The same can be said about apartheid.

Edited by Drvalar

It's a valid comparison. He was saying that he didn't care that the rights of a group were threatened because he wasn't part of said group.

You don't seem to take this seriously. Homophobic laws such as the ones forbidding gay marriage are oppressive towards gays.

Considering that such a discussion of gay marriage would have been unacceptable a hundred years ago, I'd have to say we have made excellent progress. Not everyone will accept it at first.

It's not as if gay people lived happily and one day Republicans showed up and started repressing them, as was the case in South Africa. Homophobia has been part of western society since the Middle Ages. This law is merely a speed bump on the road to progress.

Not everyone will get it immediately.

You don't seem to take this seriously. Homophobic laws such as the ones forbidding gay marriage are oppressive towards gays.

Considering that such a discussion of gay marriage would have been unacceptable a hundred years ago, I'd have to say we have made excellent progress. Not everyone will accept it at first.

It's not as if gay people lived happily and one day Republicans showed up and started repressing them, as was the case in South Africa. Homophobia has been part of western society since the Middle Ages. This law is merely a speed bump on the road to progress.

Doesn't make it any less wrong. You can't just excuse those people's behavior under that pretext.

Edited by Drvalar

Doesn't make it any less wrong. You can't just excuse those people's behavior under that pretext.

Society determines what is right and wrong. The society which created them taught them that their attitude/behavior is right. The society you live under has taught you otherwise.

Their society is disappearing into the past, Gallup polls showed last weekend that for the first time, over 50% of Americans are in favor of gay marriage. It takes time for new moral beliefs to take hold, but they are taking hold.

I don't know why you expect the transition from an anti-gay society to a tolerant society to be instantaneous. There are still people who have been raised to believe that gay is wrong. There are less and less of them now, and most modern kids aren't being taught that.

Their behavior is acceptable because their society has made it so. You can't expect people to change so quickly, most of these voters were born in the 1950s in ultraconservative homes, and now you expect them to instantly adapt to and follow the rules and morals of the "new" tolerant society?

This won't be happening 50 years from now.

Edited by theking1322

Hey Republicans!

Jesus was gay.

The Bible says so.

I had no idea people could possibly derive such shizzle out of their ass, but man that proved me wrong.

Anyways it's a majority rule. If people want change, they should be the ones that are up there voting against this decision instead of complaining.

How is it fair to have a majority vote for the rights of a minority?

It's not. But that's kind of the basis of democracy.

The United States is not an absolute democracy, though. One of the reasons for the constitution is to protect majority rule from violating inalienable rights, such as the right to marry.

Society determines what is right and wrong. The society which created them taught them that their attitude/behavior is right. The society you live under has taught you otherwise.

Their society is disappearing into the past, Gallup polls showed last weekend that for the first time, over 50% of Americans are in favor of gay marriage. It takes time for new moral beliefs to take hold, but they are taking hold.

I don't know why you expect the transition from an anti-gay society to a tolerant society to be instantaneous. There are still people who have been raised to believe that gay is wrong. There are less and less of them now, and most modern kids aren't being taught that.

Their behavior is acceptable because their society has made it so. You can't expect people to change so quickly, most of these voters were born in the 1950s in ultraconservative homes, and now you expect them to instantly adapt to and follow the rules and morals of the "new" tolerant society?

This won't be happening 50 years from now.

But if everyone was as apathetic as _Zj or you about it there wouldn't be any progress.

(I may be wrong, but you don't seem to care much. It's just the vibe you're giving. Sorry if I'm wrong.)

amg i suck at debating someone help me

Edited by Drvalar

Holy god, theking just turned into a right little secular humanist! :D

But if everyone was as apathetic as _Zj or you about it there wouldn't be any progress.

(I may be wrong, but you don't seem to care much. It's just the vibe you're giving. Sorry if I'm wrong.)

amg i suck at debating someone help me

It comes eventually.

I always liked this ruling:

The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of Canadian constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

~ Supreme Court of Canada, in its ruling, Re: Same-Sex Marriage, December 2004

Holy god, theking just turned into a right little secular humanist! :D

No, I just came to the conclusion that MY religious beliefs shouldn't be used to dictate what gay people are and aren't allowed to do. It's none of my business, and it shouldn't be the government's business either.

Edited by heb0
i was jk :3

Give me one good reason why you oppose gay marriage (if you do oppose it).

Unnatural? So is masturbation but do you oppose it?

Bible? Not everyone is Christian, ya' know?

Gross? To straight people it is.

Unnatural? So is masturbation but do you oppose it?

Wut?

Since when is masturbation unnatural?

I think he's talking about religious beliefs about it.

Haters gonna hate.

Seriously though?

1. Why not? Seriously. Give me one GOOD reason why not. Go ahead. Try it.

2. Haters still gonna hate.

3. Can't you find some important things to do?

I love the Republicans though. Sure, I'll never vote for a Republican (though I'm a radical independent), but haters gonna hate.

~Vincent

tumblrlkfx7taxpf1qccbrs.jpg

Ho hum.

Lol the gay couple only look about 20 :(

It's a commonly known fact that if you're gay you age exceptionally well. :D

Marriage itself is flawed. You're basically getting married to the "state" first of all.

And what's with this idiotic title for this thread?

Point is, it's a democracy and the minority group got voted against. That's it case closed.

There are more important things to worry about than gay marriage pfft, that's last on the list with the problems in this country.