Sal's RuneScape Forum
Byz

Slayer Hall Of Fame

I don't understand why using Guthans is considered nooby. Sure you can use a Bunyip or w/e, it's cheaper and almost as good but Guthans is only worth like 1M nowadays and it can actually be useful unlike Dragon or 3rd age armour for example.

I don't understand why using Guthans is considered nooby. Sure you can use a Bunyip or w/e, it's cheaper and almost as good but Guthans is only worth like 1M nowadays and it can actually be useful unlike Dragon or 3rd age armour for example.

For sub 100's, guthans is still a viable option (using a different weapon ofc). But, as soon as you hit bunyip it's junked. OK bunyip or guthans...you can buy 661 Bunyip pouches for the price of guthans. I'd prefer bunyip+torso/v skirt if I couldn't afford bandos. But, ehh if you can't get bandos, it's OK ;p

It's just stupid when you have soul split to still be using it.

But ya, switching gears, slaying with zarayte is amazing, can't believe I never tried it till now. Spectres task with zar/rig/potted/glavs+arma+slay helm+range ammy=probably faster than CR if you don't cannon ;p

Guthan's Spear is a horrible weapon and a horrible way to heal, but other than that, the armour is not that bad. The plate is just as good as Torag/Dharok (i still use it), and the legs are only slightly worse.

The spear is so slow and has awful stats, so maybe if it was whip speed, it'd be slightly more decent (I mean like no slayer helm or anything, and still alot slower then whip+ddef).

I'm not saying you should slay with the whole set (that'd be incredibly stupid because the spear sucks), only that some parts are pretty decent and that in some tasks it doesn't hurt having the full set in your inv just for healing.

It's obviously not as good as Bandos+Whip/Rapier+Dragon defender but it's not that bad and heals quite often, if you're in a Hellhound task for example you only have to kill 1 or 2 Hellhounds to heal yourself to full HP and I doubt you'll waste more than 1 minute max.

I'm not saying you should slay with the whole set (that'd be incredibly stupid because the spear sucks), only that some parts are pretty decent and that in some tasks it doesn't hurt having the full set in your inv just for healing.

It's obviously not as good as Bandos+Whip/Rapier+Dragon defender but it's not that bad and heals quite often, if you're in a Hellhound task for example you only have to kill 1 or 2 Hellhounds to heal yourself to full HP and I doubt you'll waste more than 1 minute max.

I have task of [email protected]@@@@@

I get damaged every few

I waste like 40 mins on task every few tasks with that [email protected]@@@@@@@@

e43a0513ac008b6a2f60028273b25b8d.png

Abby demons r v dangerous

29axhrt.png

2450 total, 138, safe spotting black drags.

120418003332.png

Edited by Sax

SHOF.png

Didn't take v good pic but +obby shield glory and leather boots; he wasn't a bot he was chatting to me.

2450 total, 138, safe spotting black drags.

120418003332.png

L wat

He's ranged slaying

Maxed melee already

Edit: Not using ccb, rcb.

Edited by Tcmp3

Luftey why are you always the one that posts stuff other than the stuff that is generally accepted in this thread? Bots don't count, people standing at ge don't count, people bossing... well, let's count that at least :\

Anyway, I'm more interested about the guy using pernix at corp than the regen brace. Negative melee attack and less mage defence than gano? I'd kick that guy if I was leading the team.

Luftey why are you always the one that posts stuff other than the stuff that is generally accepted in this thread? Bots don't count, people standing at ge don't count, people bossing... well, let's count that at least :\

Anyway, I'm more interested about the guy using pernix at corp than the regen brace. Negative melee attack and less mage defence than gano? I'd kick that guy if I was leading the team.

I'm unsure if they're bots ;p Seems senseless to bot at nechs.

Didn't try to speak to either. The first guy was very bot looking. But the second, most bots I think don't have a firecape, but, I could be wrong.

As for the pernix:

1. HIGHER magic defense than ganod legs (4% less soak). (And 1 more prayer which is negligible.)

2. with steads/tok, I only have 2 less stab than the fire cape/ d boot people on teams.

3. Recorded my hits/ffa'd with a friend. Hit the same with chaps as I did with ganod legs. And besides, I SWH there also which makes up for any hate my pants may give. 3 Whacks/kill and his defense goes down so much you're hitting like crazy regardless of your attack bonus.

120428111759.png

Edited by Luftey

That's... not even full penance. What is that, a fire cape?

OK here's a legit slayer.

Notice the ragefires.

I don't have the best stuff on myself ;p only swung by to get my last 7 crimsons

IrWFg.jpg

120430135555.png

That's... not even full penance. What is that, a fire cape?

no fighter hat lol

I see the fighter hat and what looks like Fighter Torso and penance gloves. There's no runner boots or penance skirt, which is why I was a bit curious. I'm actually not even sure what legs those are, now that I look closer.

Regardless, Fighter Hat is only what, like RFH stats? AT LEAST Black mask would be acceptable lolol

I see the fighter hat and what looks like Fighter Torso and penance gloves. There's no runner boots or penance skirt, which is why I was a bit curious. I'm actually not even sure what legs those are, now that I look closer.

He only has a Fighter hat, the armour is Proselyte. :P