Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chukz15

When Should I Get 40 Attack?/if I Even Should?

I have a 30 att 61 STR pure and plan on training to 70-85 str over the next upcoming weeks, I am pking witht his guy and was the funnest thing at 39-40 combat, people thought my character was soul wars and was just easy mode, but I only use an addy scim, as the 2h doesnt really hit high, but I can't really KO people besides lucky risks, I have already made 200k profit and love that, I'm not losing much when I die, what STR level would be good to KO with the addy scima nd when would it be time to get 40 att(when I'm hitting really high so people can't eat through it.)

I have a 30 att 61 STR pure and plan on training to 70-85 str over the next upcoming weeks, I am pking witht his guy and was the funnest thing at 39-40 combat, people thought my character was soul wars and was just easy mode, but I only use an addy scim, as the 2h doesnt really hit high, but I can't really KO people besides lucky risks, I have already made 200k profit and love that, I'm not losing much when I die, what STR level would be good to KO with the addy scima nd when would it be time to get 40 att(when I'm hitting really high so people can't eat through it.)

60 strength is already enough to go 40 attack

60 strength is already enough to go 40 attack

lol any1 tink dis guy is madfire O_o

just get 40 att (do vampire slayer)

lol any1 tink dis guy is madfire O_o

just get 40 att (do vampire slayer)

Leave all of this Madfire stuff alone. He made a mistake, and he didn't learn from it, so was therefore punished. There's really no reason to accuse innocent users of being Madfire; they don't deserve it.

Back on topic, 40 attack is necessary in the long run. Between the possible strength levels gained with addy and the possible +str equipment bonus with rune, the max hits should be about the same. However, the difference lies in the fact that rune hits far more consistently. Your Strength level is fine, you can just get 40 attack and go pking. As mentioned above, Vampire Slayer would be a good option for some quick attack xp if you haven't got it done yet.

Hope that helps,

~iLightn1ng

The thing is I really don't want to pk under 55 combat so, range/2hers don't have any kind of advantage, I know I will have to get 40 attack, but as for now, I want to try 30 att 70 str, and just see how I do, if I can't pk anything, then I'll just get 40 att.

As for the KO method, is there anything special you have to do? Do you have to delay it at all or just switch?

@Mclovin: I never have spammed this forum with threads, so what are you talking about?

The thing is I really don't want to pk under 55 combat so, range/2hers don't have any kind of advantage, I know I will have to get 40 attack, but as for now, I want to try 30 att 70 str, and just see how I do, if I can't pk anything, then I'll just get 40 att.

As for the KO method, is there anything special you have to do? Do you have to delay it at all or just switch?

@Mclovin: I never have spammed this forum with threads, so what are you talking about?

Keep your scimmy on right until they think your dumb for not KOing (Delay until right about when you think the animation will start and then pull it out of nowhere and KO hopefully

Silly McLovin, madfire can't post helpful stuff

Well you should have 40 attack by now, if you are afraid of losing it, just don't skull and bring a cash risk.

Also you can str pot > 2h so it looks like you're eating :D

IMO the guy making new accs is Se7en prolly :L

Edited by 100 LP Lawl

I think I might stay 30 att, I don't really feel like losing rune, becuase if it doesnt hit high im screwed.

I think I might stay 30 att, I don't really feel like losing rune, becuase if it doesnt hit high im screwed.

I missed a major disadvantage of adamant.

People probably won't fight you because you're not risking many gps. Unless you want to live a life of PJing and rushing, you won't get many fights.

You: "Gl?"

Other PKer: "L0l noob get a risk, I risk a whopping 50k"

This happened to me literally all the time when I hit got into the 30s with combat level. People would ask me to show what type of 2h I had, and I would shamelessly take out my adamant 2h sword. Then I would see a prompt "Nty" and they would run out of the wilderness. Risk is a huge factor in getting people to fight you-- greed is a powerful emotion, and the fact that you're using rune will often cause other PKers to more readily accept your invitation to battle.

Hope that helps,

~iLightn1ng

I missed a major disadvantage of adamant.

People probably won't fight you because you're not risking many gps. Unless you want to live a life of PJing and rushing, you won't get many fights.

You: "Gl?"

Other PKer: "L0l noob get a risk, I risk a whopping 50k"

This happened to me literally all the time when I hit got into the 30s with combat level. People would ask me to show what type of 2h I had, and I would shamelessly take out my adamant 2h sword. Then I would see a prompt "Nty" and they would run out of the wilderness. Risk is a huge factor in getting people to fight you-- greed is a powerful emotion, and the fact that you're using rune will often cause other PKers to more readily accept your invitation to battle.

Hope that helps,

~iLightn1ng

I am assuming this is in p2p, because I have no problem getting fights with my addy weapons in f2p.

Anyways, if you are making a pure strength account, then 60 is plenty enough to get 40 attack (and maybe 45 at a later time for gravite).

For Ranged/2h, 50 strength and 60 ranged should be around the time you should get 40 att.

From what I have seen, not really. At around 45 strength, you can hit 130s wiht r2h and 110s with addy 2h.

That 20 extra damage is nice, but imo it is not worth it until after 50 strength.

From what I have seen, not really. At around 45 strength, you can hit 130s wiht r2h and 110s with addy 2h.

That 20 extra damage is nice, but imo it is not worth it until after 50 strength.

He's already 60 Strength.

Get 40 strength immediately.

That's your prime task now, shouldn't take long either.

Is it a big difference in the power of your hits using rune?

Rune > Addy. Yes

Edited by gh0stf00t

I'll get 40 attack, but getting is a pain in the ass, probably take another 2-3 weeks of money making before I pk again.

I'll get 40 attack, but getting is a pain in the ass, probably take another 2-3 weeks of money making before I pk again.

Go back to your range/2h.

Go back to your range/2h.

But I lost everything again...