Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ambo100

Site Refresh Q&a

I have a couple of questions :( Hope you can answer all of them :D

1) The Skill Index Page will it be just a plain table with the skill names or a fancy one with an icon and a description? :P you know something like this: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/skills

2) The Website Pool will be be on a sidebar or will it still be above the news?

3) Will the NPC/MPC Database be released with "Sal's Realm 2.0" Aka Operation Lemon something xD

4) Will the site still be user friendly?

5) Is every aspect of the site going to be updated? (and are you going to change all images to HD)

6) Are you planning on hiring more people to help with the Site Rennovation?

7) Finally, my last question (for today >:]) When you upgrade the forums, are you going to upgrade the skins that we have right now, or get a custom skin?

Thanks,

Shay

Edited by Pure numse

1) The Skill Index Page will it be just a plain table with the skill names or a fancy one with an icon and a description? :P you know something like this: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/skills

3) Will the NPC/MPC Database be released with "Sal's Realm 2.0" Aka Operation Lemon something xD

5) Is every aspect of the site going to be updated? (and are you going to change all images to HD)

7) Finally, my last question (for today >:]) When you upgrade the forums, are you going to upgrade the skins that we have right now, or get a custom skin?

Thanks,

Shay

I'm not Sal (well not when I'm awake that is ;D), but...

1. idk

2. Assuming poll, I would think it would be in the main column if there's a big update or a smaller version on the side

3. I sure hope so, but I have a feeling that still has a while to go. If it were me, I would just put it in and get it updated from there. Even if it's only 75%, that's better than 0%.

4. I would think that's the whole point!

5. Calculators, guides, interface, pretty much everything. When guides are rewritten they're better with HD pictures, but some of them still have SD for now.

6. idk, it's almost done so I doubt it

7. a lot of these are custom and I don't think they'd be that hard to port. I think we'd get some more, too (including a mobile skin omg yes)

Let's hope Fataylsm our designer prodigy will offer his assistance with creating a new set of forum designs. I believe he's also working on designing the site too.

examplenh.png

Thanks,

Shay

I'm not Sal (well not when I'm awake that is ;D), but...

1. idk

2. Assuming poll, I would think it would be in the main column if there's a big update or a smaller version on the side

3. I sure hope so, but I have a feeling that still has a while to go. If it were me, I would just put it in and get it updated from there. Even if it's only 75%, that's better than 0%.

4. I would think that's the whole point!

5. Calculators, guides, interface, pretty much everything. When guides are rewritten they're better with HD pictures, but some of them still have SD for now.

6. idk, it's almost done so I doubt it

7. a lot of these are custom and I don't think they'd be that hard to port. I think we'd get some more, too (including a mobile skin omg yes)

Thanks! :D

Let's hope Fataylsm our designer prodigy will offer his assistance with creating a new set of forum designs. I believe he's also working on designing the site too.

examplenh.png

Fatalysm showed me a Forum Skin design, its still somewhere in my computer :D however i think we should use it, it matches the main website!

1) The Skill Index Page will it be just a plain table with the skill names or a fancy one with an icon and a description? :D you know something like this: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/skills

The new one looks much better. That's all I'll say. Don't want to give too much away! :(

It will no longer be above the news.

No. This will come later on. We have a decent-sized NPC DB at the moment (just under 1000 entries, though many of them need updating), but our monster DB needs to be expanded considerably. We don't receive any submissions from members nowadays, however, so we really need to see more participation if we want to eventually have two comprehensive databases.

That's for the users to decide! There are some very useful features that have been added, IMO, especially with the IDB.

Not in one fell swoop. There have been quite a few updates to guides with the new release, but not all content will be completely up-to-date when it comes out.

I think it's close enough at the moment that there isn't much use in bringing in more people.

I believe Sal plans to update the forums at some point after the new site is released.

1) The Skill Index Page will it be just a plain table with the skill names or a fancy one with an icon and a description? :ph34r: you know something like this: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/skills

The new one looks much better. That's all I'll say. Don't want to give too much away! :wizard:

It will no longer be above the news.

No. This will come later on. We have a decent-sized NPC DB at the moment (just under 1000 entries, though many of them need updating), but our monster DB needs to be expanded considerably. We don't receive any submissions from members nowadays, however, so we really need to see more participation if we want to eventually have two comprehensive databases.

That's for the users to decide! There are some very useful features that have been added, IMO, especially with the IDB.

Not in one fell swoop. There have been quite a few updates to guides with the new release, but not all content will be completely up-to-date when it comes out.

I think it's close enough at the moment that there isn't much use in bringing in more people.

I believe Sal plans to update the forums at some point after the new site is released.

Thanks!

Sadly the stylesheet and images are broken in the WayBackMachine.

Shouldn't we add a disclaimer to the website to inform visitors about OCSL and that it's likely a lot of the content will be out of date. The last two months have seen no guides added to the site.

Sadly the stylesheet and images are broken in the WayBackMachine.

Shouldn't we add a disclaimer to the website to inform visitors about OCSL and that it's likely a lot of the content will be out of date. The last two months have seen no guides added to the site.

Yeah, i think we should :(

Is there any real point in maintaining a database these days? RS wiki makes most of them redundant due to the ease of navigating it and the ease of updating it, you'd be far better off focusing on guides instead of extremely resource intense databases

Is there any real point in maintaining a database these days? RS wiki makes most of them redundant due to the ease of navigating it and the ease of updating it, you'd be far better off focusing on guides instead of extremely resource intense databases

Shun the non-believer!

You're not the only person to have felt that way...

Are you saying we shouldn't try to have a better service then the one RS Wiki provides? Just because one already exists?

Yes. Because I can't imagine how we could make a better service.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...showentry=58808