Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Morte

Name Some Games You Love But No One Else Does.

We all have those games that are either our guilty pleasures, or maybe a game we thought was ground breaking but the rest of the world didn't really seem to notice it.

For me, maybe the biggest one is Advent Rising. It was released on the original Xbox back in 2005 I believe, and used a (I think) revolutionary "flick-targeting" system, where you would flick the right analog stick in the direction of the enemy you wished to target while holding the targeting button. I thought it was amazingly clever, and allowed for really fast switching in heavy firefights. On top of the, the plot and story was heavily influenced (and even written a bit) by Orson Scott Card, who is the BEST sci-fi writer ever.

I also have my guilty pleasure Treasure Planet: Battle At Procyon. Man, Ichecked that thing out of the library for my PC so many times when I was a kid.

i remember i used to check amazon/oregon trail out of the library all the time <3333

can't think of anything at the moment other than that

Commandos franchise. More specifically, Commandos 2 and 3.

It's where I got my alias from.

Armored

Freakin

Core.

As far as I can tell, nobody on Sal's plays it, and pretty much every one of my friends consider it crap because my friends can't instantly spot it on the front pages of their first person shooter website. It's also pretty sad when you try to play on Live and it tells you that there are no instances of any match at all playing.

Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde

I can only think of one: Turok (PS3). It has no trophies, not very popular and terrible compared to some of the other first-person shooters out there. :(

But it's still a fun game, especially online (obviously not as good as games like CoD or MoH but still pretty decent) plus it has dinosaurs! :D

Commandos franchise. More specifically, Commandos 2 and 3.

It's where I got my alias from.

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

Zeus: Master of Olympus

It was an epic city builder by Sierra. I remember getting it and the expansion pack, Poseidon: Master of Atlantis.

And now I can't find anything like it. (if anybody knows a good city builder in the same vein, please do tell)

Radical Rex was my shizzle back in the dizzle.

I loved Sonic Adventure battle 2 even though my best friendhated it. :( Also the Dragon Warrior games if you have time to fully enjoy them.

Age of Pirates. It's widely panned by critics but I love it.

James Bond: Everything or Nothing and James Bond: Nightfire

Super Mario Sunshine. Not sure why everyone hated it. It always made me thirsty though.

FFVI. Okay, so no one really hates it, I just hate the fact that it got overshadowed so hard by VII. Bleh.

Super Mario Sunshine. Not sure why everyone hated it. It always made me thirsty though.

My only quip was that Mario should be able to punch. And the world was small and boring, fun sometimes but mostly a chore.

James Bond: Everything or Nothing and James Bond: Nightfire

THOSE WERE AWESOME!

But not as good as Agent Under Fire.

Still, they both rocked. The co-op in Everything or Nothing was amazing.

Loved Cell Damage on my Gamecube. Got pretty average reviews and never met anyone else who played it but it was just so crazy and fun. Loved all the characters too, but Sinder was the best.

Edited by Da Scotsman

Loved Cell Damage on my Gamecube. Got pretty average reviews and never met anyone else who played it but it was just so crazy and fun. Loved all the characters too, but Sinder was the best.

Whack Angus was so cool. That game was amazing.

Oh yeah that game was awesome! Yeah Sinder was cool and the bull guy.

I loved that game, borrowed it from my friend at least 10 times :(

Mine would probably have to be Spore, Star Trek Online, or Final Fantasy II.

I can't seem to find anyone else IRL or online that knows about or plays/played any of them.

Edited by Randomness

James Bond: Everything or Nothing

Oh my god, my favourite James Bond game. I have it on two different consoles. The final level was soooo hard but when I finally finished it I was so happy.

Crazy Taxi (The arcade game, not the shizzlety facebook game) was and still is one of my favoured arcade games.

Crazy Taxi (The arcade game, not the shizzlety facebook game) was and still is one of my favoured arcade games.

Crazy Taxi is ridiculously fun.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.