Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Morte

Name Some Games You Love But No One Else Does.

I think Dragon Age: Origins is videly acknowledges as one of the pinnacles of modern day RPGs, actually.

Speaking of tycoon games... Sim City 2000 and Theme Hospital. Great fun "back in the days".

simcity 2000 best game ever

put factorys on edge of map, gg pollution

I think Dragon Age: Origins is videly acknowledges as one of the pinnacles of modern day RPGs, actually.

Speaking of tycoon games... Sim City 2000 and Theme Hospital. Great fun "back in the days".

Yes and no. I feel like among rpg fans they all know and love it, but among gamers as a whole they do not.

Yes and no. I feel like among rpg fans they all know and love it, but among gamers as a whole they do not.

To be fair, gamers as a whole know nothing other then FPS or those Wii Sports games, casuals that they are.

To be fair, gamers as a whole know nothing other then FPS or those Wii Sports games, casuals that they are.

Aside from the few games that break through that, like Skyrim and Mass Effect, it's sadly true.

Aside from the few games that break through that, like Skyrim and Mass Effect, it's sadly true.

Skyrim IS part of one of the definitive RPG series of all time which began in what, '94-ish? Back when RPG's were the shizzle

SFxT

It was popular for two days, and about a month before it came out. Nobody likes it now. Basically air to air vs jab.

SSF4 AE 2012

Fun all around. Rose/El Fuerte don't suck in this game, so yeah!

UMvC3

It's so overpowered it's fun. Plunger normals, lack of Gustaff fire, and Swagnus is ass. My three favorite characters just happen to be amazing.

SC5

Only problem is lack of Kilik. Xiba is fine though.

T6

I haven't actually played this at any level higher than casual with a ten year old, but it was pretty good fun considering we were both crap.

MK9

Meh. Definitely one of my least favourite fighters, but Smoke makes the game that much better.

Skullgirls

Just picked up this game, and it looks pretty fun so far.

I doubt anybody can name what all those letters in the name actually mean.

SFxT

It was popular for two days, and about a month before it came out. Nobody likes it now. Basically air to air vs jab.

SSF4 AE 2012

Fun all around. Rose/El Fuerte don't suck in this game, so yeah!

UMvC3

It's so overpowered it's fun. Plunger normals, lack of Gustaff fire, and Swagnus is ass. My three favorite characters just happen to be amazing.

SC5

Only problem is lack of Kilik. Xiba is fine though.

T6

I haven't actually played this at any level higher than casual with a ten year old, but it was pretty good fun considering we were both crap.

MK9

Meh. Definitely one of my least favourite fighters, but Smoke makes the game that much better.

Skullgirls

Just picked up this game, and it looks pretty fun so far.

I doubt anybody can name what all those letters in the name actually mean.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Super Street Fighter IV plus Arcade edition.

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (hardly a game nobody loves.)

Tekken 6, I'm guessing.

Soul Calibur V (again, not exactly a game nobody loves)

Skull Girls (never heard of this one)

Prototype. I know it wasn't great and people hated it, but I loved it so much.

I'm a huge fan of the hunger games but for some reason everyone flips shizzle over it...

Space Pirates and Zombies

It's not really hated, but a lot of people don't know about it D:

Age of Empires 3. I actually like that the towers are limited, as it encourages aggressive play. Besides, towers are eventually irrelevant with the right artillery.

Homefront

Everyone shizzles on the game because it has a short story and isn't named Call of Duty, but I really enjoy it and all its darkness.

Campaign was meh-ish but I liked how they really pushed the envelope. Besides that, the multiplayer was pretty darn good.

hmm this epic bump got me thinking about some games that never became popular but which I quite enjoyed

the first that come to mind are "exhumed" (aka Powerslave) on the duke nukem 3d/quake engine

some macho shooting game with hard puzzles and pretty much the first game ever where you could go back to ealrlier levels to get to previously unaccesible areas

another one was "ODT" aka "Escape or die trying"

that was a kind of tomb raider rip off but in a steam punk setting with some magic too

don't think I ever finished that one I think, can't remember why however

I'm currently playing the new Jagged Alliance game (Back in Action). I enjoy it a lot by the reviews are terrible.

I also have my guilty pleasure Treasure Planet: Battle At Proon. Man, Ichecked that thing out of the library for my PC so many times when I was a kid.

That game had so much potential. It was a shame how they made it a half-baked Disney studios game. Worse thing is that it, much like the movie franchise, has no chance for a sequel. A tragedy.

Posted (edited)

It's already been mentioned by others, but Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Nintendo Gamecube. This game was ported multiple times for starters, and it isn't notorious for being one of the better three-dimensional Sonic games. It is shameful really, but I got incredibly good at collecting almost every single ring on some of the easier levels. Also, Sim City 4. That game had some glaring faults and didn't really pay off for the time invested but I love it for some reason, I played it for it's compatibility with The Sims 2, creating neighbourhoods and such with God mode.

There is surely a pattern that prequels and sequels tend to be prominent for this kind of thing.

Edited by Sajoh

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.