Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ambo100

Expand Off-topic Discussion

guys.

GUYS

how about

guys

how about we get rid of the Categories and subforums all together? I myself find that all those categories does not show much attention to the individual threads. They all feel unloved, and it hurts. Why not just have one BIG thing with all the threads? I like that, that way, no one can be out of place because there is no place.

Here is an example

Sal's st00f
(every single thread here)

It would look worse than an offspring of Morte and Paris Hilton.

guys.

GUYS

how about

guys

how about we get rid of the Categories and subforums all together? I myself find that all those categories does not show much attention to the individual threads. They all feel unloved, and it hurts. Why not just have one BIG thing with all the threads? I like that, that way, no one can be out of place because there is no place.

Here is an example

Sal's st00f
(every single thread here)

It would look worse than an offspring of Morte and Paris Hilton.

i think it wuld b beautiful!!!!

does it have to be called sal's st00f

because I would like it to be called "this is the forum" instead

does it have to be called sal's st00f

because I would like it to be called "this is the forum" instead

i am v open to many ideas. I find myself liking yours. good job +1

I definitely think Tech Support should be a sub-section of Tech Discussion, it seems logical and would look clean.

Let's expand scape lounge whilst your at it :(.

It needs to be AT LEAST 3 times bigger!

I definitely think Tech Support should be a sub-section of Tech Discussion, it seems logical and would look clean.

Personally I think that the two ought to be kept distinct, like Runescape Questions and Runescape Discussion. :(

It needs to be AT LEAST 3 times bigger!
That's what she [email protected]@@ Edited by Arianna

I support Fatalysm's idea for condensing the Graphics board and Samsara's for organizing the off-topic by placing Polls & Surveys as a subforum of General Chat (alternatively, the two could be merged, though that's opening a whole new can of worms).

I really like the idea of having a redirect in RS Discussion to RS Stories. It could possibly generate activity there.

I support Fatalysm's idea for condensing the Graphics board and Samsara's for organizing the off-topic by placing Polls & Surveys as a subforum of General Chat (alternatively, the two could be merged, though that's opening a whole new can of worms).

I really like the idea of having a redirect in RS Discussion to RS Stories. It could possibly generate activity there.

Please do not merge General Chat and Polls & Surveys.

I would love to see this happen as I am only really on the Off-Topic board.

First: yes

Second: you'll have to pass on my friggin' corpse. Leave my general chat as it is or DIE. :(

Edited by lilshu
+1 Arianna's general chat is sexy

Second: you'll have to pass on my friggin' corpse. Leave my general chat as it is or DIE. :(

I agree, I don't much care for polls and surveys but there is too many of them to condense...

:D!

BUT, if it is that important why don't you get a post count in there.

FIGHT THE BAN

27524_123661174321549_6820_n.jpg

Edited by Fatalysm

I agree, I don't much care for polls and surveys but there is too many of them to condense...

FIGHT THE BAN

General Chat is General Chat

Changing it would be like saying that from now on all foreplay shall include 20 minutes of compulsory soap opera watching

And that's terrible

TERRIBLE

FIGHT THE BAN

Changing it would be like saying that from now on all foreplay shall include 20 minutes of compulsory soap opera watching

And that's terrible

TERRIBLE

Maybe polls and surveys would be better suited as a sub-forum of debates?

Ah yes but we can make our own rules AT LEAST 10% of sex must be done whilst listening to Sean Connery's voice!

SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED!

...although....10% of 30 seconds....:P

Edited by Fatalysm

Second: you'll have to pass on my friggin' corpse. Leave my general chat as it is or DIE. :D

:P!

FIGHT THE BAN

And that's terrible

TERRIBLE

Ah yes but we can make our own rules AT LEAST 10% of sex must be done whilst listening to Sean Connery's voice!

SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED!

[this post is to be read in Inigo Montoya's voice]

I don't think polls have anything to do with debates... :(

Hello. My name is Arianna. You killed my forum. Prepare to die.

Second: you'll have to pass on my friggin' corpse. Leave my general chat as it is or DIE. :D

:P!

FIGHT THE BAN

And that's terrible

TERRIBLE

SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED!

[this post is to be read in Inigo Montoya's voice]

I don't think polls have anything to do with debates... :(

Hello. My name is Arianna. You killed my forum. Prepare to die.

I'm not even sure i'm disagreeing with you, so in the words of a character from my favorite book!

"Wait and Hope"

have discussions moved forwards?

I'll give in on Polls and Surveys. :( I was mostly trying to think of a way so shrink the forum index a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing post count in there. That's a different suggestion altogether, though. :D

I'll give in on Polls and Surveys. :( I was mostly trying to think of a way so shrink the forum index a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing post count in there. That's a different suggestion altogether, though. :D

Meh, might as well add post count to the Lounge too then - polls and surveys aren't particularly meaningful posts. :\

I'll give in on Polls and Surveys. :D I was mostly trying to think of a way so shrink the forum index a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing post count in there. That's a different suggestion altogether, though. :P

Meh, might as well add post count to the Lounge too then - polls and surveys aren't particularly meaningful posts. :\

It's perfect, put post count in there, catch spammers out.

ban whole forum :(

should the runescape section be shrunk down?

Edited by Fatalysm

I'll give in on Polls and Surveys. :D I was mostly trying to think of a way so shrink the forum index a bit.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing post count in there. That's a different suggestion altogether, though. :P

No, it's alright as it is now.

I'll give in on Polls and Surveys. :P I was mostly trying to think of a way so shrink the forum index a bit.

No, it's alright as it is now.

Okay, but i still think these need to be shrunk down or organized differently :D.

3Eq8Q.png

Website help is primarily for new members. Even if it isn't incredibly active, I don't think there's much harm in leaving it be. We want it to be easy to find for people unfamiliar with the forums, so there's no need to merge it and make things more confusing.

Fair enough, to be honest. I'm just nit picking, i'd like a final draft of these plans. I'm a little confused as to what the general consensus is.

I'm not sure, either. It would be nice to get some Admin feedback on this topic, seeing as they're the ones with the permissions to make the changes.

Fair enough, to be honest. I'm just nit picking, i'd like a final draft of these plans. I'm a little confused as to what the general consensus is.

The general consensus is what the mods say that goes

:(

I think Samsara's suggestion looks pretty good, the sections are arranged logically and it looks like it would be easier to navigate than what we currently have. I did notice that Homework Helpline wasn't included in it. While it isn't terribly active, I feel like it's a useful section and I'd prefer to keep it. Do you guys feel differently?

I think it's worth a try. It certainly wouldn't hurt.