The Elder Scrolls

Skryim  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What difficulty do you play on?

• apprentice, cause i'm an rpg noob
    • adept
    • expert
    • master, cause i dunt have lyfe

vikings were known for great archery and sword fighting (axes too) and I'm a Nord (viking) so I focus on those things

This pretty much, I use one handed weapons (with a shield) and bows.

You forgot the Civil War questline btw.

I've versed 3 of them, only one of them was during Mages Guild.

That's the only quest-related one, the rest are at fixed locations near word walls.

vikings were known for great archery and sword fighting (axes too) and I'm a Nord (viking) so I focus on those things

is it really one of the main questlines though, haven't even started so idk :(

is it really one of the main questlines though, haven't even started so idk :(

I believe so, I've only completed one Civil War quest so far but I believe it ends with the conquest of the capital city of the Empire/Stormcloaks, there's even a Steam achievement for it so I'd say it's one of the main questlines yeah. :D

I've versed 3 of them, only one of them was during Mages Guild.

That's the only quest-related one, the rest are at fixed locations near word walls.

They are all at fixed locations, but there are only 2, maybe 3, dragon priests that you don't find as a result of quests. There's two that are part of a quest chain and 3 or 4 that are the goal of a sidequest.

Stamina directly affects carry weight, and if I'm correct, for every 10 stamina points, you get 5 added to your carry weight, making Rahgot +35 carry weight.

Selecting to increase stamina at level-up increases carry weight by five.

Stamina from items does not increase carry weight.

Edited by Balmung

Stamina directly affects carry weight, and if I'm correct, for every 10 stamina points, you get 5 added to your carry weight, making Rahgot +35 carry weight.

Selecting to increase stamina at level-up increases carry weight by five.

Stamina from items does not increase carry weight.

I confirm this, tried it out with +50 stam ring of namira, no change in carry weight

Can anyone explain why this sometimes happens:

I kill a dragon, as you do, but don't absorb the soul. This happens once in every 3 or so dragons, it isn't anything major, just annoying.

I kill a dragon, as you do, but don't absorb the soul. This happens once in every 3 or so dragons, it isn't anything major, just annoying.

what platform are you playing on

what platform are you playing on

PS3.

The only Oblivion player made mods I use are mods that fix bugs and stuff like the Unique Landscapes mods, better book covers, better bodies (:() etc, I never really liked mods that add new races, items and castles for example. But Skyrim is different, it's so good I don't think I'll have to use any unofficial mods.

The only Oblivion player made mods I use are mods that fix bugs and stuff like the Unique Landscapes mods, better book covers, better bodies (:() etc, I never really liked mods that add new races, items and castles for example. But Skyrim is different, it's so good I don't think I'll have to use any unofficial mods.

you should try the val's craftables and the lost art of blacksmithing, both great mods

Started Dark Brotherhood yesterday and College of Winterhold today.

Just started the "killing the emperor" quest on Dark Brotherhood. Just started Winterhold. I'm in the quest where that ghost talks to you..

I went ahead and purchased Skyrim for my Xbox. Because the game is so breathtakingly amazing, I felt guilty having the pirated version.

This time around, I'm a male Breton that's a pure mage. I'll only be using the Destruction and Restoration branch, for the most part. Alteration and Conjuring don't really seem that interesting to me. Any advice?

I'm currently at the early point in the story where you become the Thane of Whiterun. From here, I'm going to go do the quest that involves talking to the Greybeards, because I want to be able to Shout properly. After that, I'm just gonna mess around and see what there is to see in Skyrim.

I went ahead and purchased Skyrim for my Xbox. Because the game is so breathtakingly amazing, I felt guilty having the pirated version.

This time around, I'm a male Breton that's a pure mage. I'll only be using the Destruction and Restoration branch, for the most part. Alteration and Conjuring don't really seem that interesting to me. Any advice?

I'm currently at the early point in the story where you become the Thane of Whiterun. From here, I'm going to go do the quest that involves talking to the Greybeards, because I want to be able to Shout properly. After that, I'm just gonna mess around and see what there is to see in Skyrim.

You don't need to see the Greybeards to be able to shout properly lol. All they teach you is the remaining words to Unrelenting Force and the first word of Whirlwind Sprint iirc. Alteration is pretty useful, especially if you need money or want to train Smithing for cheap (Transmute).

I'm up to the part of the Legions questline where you begin on retaking Eastmarch. Can't wait until the final battle in Windhelm. :( I'm enjoying my second character, it's the first time in a TES game where I've spent serious time not playing as a Redguard (except for the very first time I played Morrowind, but I was really young then and went through characters like there was no tomorrow).

You don't need to see the Greybeards to be able to shout properly lol. All they teach you is the remaining words to Unrelenting Force and the first word of Whirlwind Sprint iirc. Alteration is pretty useful, especially if you need money or want to train Smithing for cheap (Transmute).

I'm up to the part of the Legions questline where you begin on retaking Eastmarch. Can't wait until the final battle in Windhelm. :( I'm enjoying my second character, it's the first time in a TES game where I've spent serious time not playing as a Redguard (except for the very first time I played Morrowind, but I was really young then and went through characters like there was no tomorrow).

THat is wrong, they teach you more shouts later in the story, and you need to learn that shout to be able to get to the top of the mountain, where there is another shout.

Had the most badass kill ever. I've only just started the Dark Brotherhood quest line and had to kill Grelod the Kind. I turned invisible because it's much easier, crept up behind her, and slit her throat while suddenly becoming visible again.

Had the most badass kill ever. I've only just started the Dark Brotherhood quest line and had to kill Grelod the Kind. I turned invisible because it's much easier, crept up behind her, and slit her throat while suddenly becoming visible again.

She was probably my worst kill in the whole questline. Having to kill a loud old lady in a small building packed with kids? Quite the struggle, trying to do it without a bounty.

She was probably my worst kill in the whole questline. Having to kill a loud old lady in a small building packed with kids? Quite the struggle, trying to do it without a bounty.

The children were happy that she was dead, and the other person there ran around screaming. Getting the invisible when crouching power from the Thieves Guild questline helped a lot. :(

The children were happy that she was dead, and the other person there ran around screaming. Getting the invisible when crouching power from the Thieves Guild questline helped a lot. :D

I had to kill the other lady before I could kill the old one. She kept alerting the guards >:(

The children were happy that she was dead, and the other person there ran around screaming. Getting the invisible when crouching power from the Thieves Guild questline helped a lot. :D

I had to kill the other lady before I could kill the old one. She kept alerting the guards >:(

Did you try breaking into the building after everyone had gone to sleep? I did that, got to her undetected and killed her. Then everyone woke up and all the kids were like w00t while the other lady just ran around screaming but I never got a bounty.

I'm up to the part of the Legions questline where you begin on retaking Eastmarch. Can't wait until the final battle in Windhelm. :wizard: I'm enjoying my second character, it's the first time in a TES game where I've spent serious time not playing as a Redguard (except for the very first time I played Morrowind, but I was really young then and went through characters like there was no tomorrow).

THat is wrong, they teach you more shouts later in the story, and you need to learn that shout to be able to get to the top of the mountain, where there is another shout.

they teach you all 3 words of unrelenting shout, first word of whirlwind sprint, dragonrend(indirectly) firebreath(first and second word indirectly iirc)

\

and not to mention they tell you where more word walls are at :ph34r:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.