Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zeremiah

Some Questions In General...

Question

Runecrafting:

I currently need about 16,000 Rune Essence to get it to my planned Goal, Should I continue focusing on mining the Essence (Got 3k+ right now) and then go hardcore on the Crafting Runs?

Dungeoneering:

About how long would it take me to acquire all the following Rewards:

Tome of Frost

Arcane Blast Necklace

Longbow Sight

And can you give me any tips and or strategies when doing Dungeon Runs?

Equipment:

So... pretty much right now the best Equipment (Where in there is no need to do recharge on Equipment) for Freeplay Members are:

Melee

Rune Full Helm

Rune Platebody

Rune Kiteshield

Rune Scimitar

Rune Gauntlets

Fighting Boots

Amulet of Strength

Magic

Runecrafter Hat

Runecrafter Robe

Runecrafter Skirt

Leather Gloves

Swanky Boots

Caitlin's Staff/Staff of (Element)

Tome of Frost

Arcane Blast Necklace

Ranged

Coif

D'Hide Body

D'Hide Vambraces

D'Hide Chaps

Maple - Shortbow/Sighted Longbow

Amulet of Power

General:

Are these Players Combat Bots?

Equipped with:

Rune Full Helm

Rune Chainbody

Rune Platelegs

Amulet of Strength

Rune Scimitar

Rune Kiteshield

They don't talk at all and they tend to attack my targets too...

10 answers to this question

Yes they are bots. Do they also try to run up to your target and attack it? Rune crafting, yes you should mine to your goal. Plus it will be an uber accomplishment for you (it will feel like one). I think those are the best setups, but they have corrupts for melee.

EDIT: Welcome :( to Sal's. I feel so happy when new members first posts don't turn out to be like mine (*Shudders*) :D :P

Edited by Tcmp3

Yep they usually do. Or if not they stare at my target for a couple of seconds then run off to a nearby untargetted one.

Yeah I'm thinking of switching the boots one of these days...

I'm not planning on getting the Degrading Equipment though since well... its an extra burden of going back to reclaim them again.

I'm going for quick and efficient equipment...

Generally speaking the only annoying Bots are the Woodcutting and Mining ones since you are forced to compete with the available ones. Fishing is fine since Spots tend to respawn from what I notice...

Rune berserker shield is the best F2P shield and it's really easy to recharge, definitely worth getting imo. It lasts a long time and only takes like 10mins max to get the 30 tokens required to recharge it.

Dungeoneering rewards - I don't know about the Tome of Frost and the Arcane Blast Necklace, but the Longbow sight is only 10k tokens so it should take you like a week or two. It's the best F2P Dung reward btw, a Maple longbow (sighted) gives 110 range attack bonus +81 than Maple shortbow it's amazing.

Oh and Amulet of power > Amulet of strength for melee too, you'll hit a lot more often.

Report the ones that do that. There was some guy botting lessers and he went from 97 to 105 in one night, Seems fishy... I reported 3 times yesterday and twice today.

I dont think you should mine the ess, it will take the same amount of time to craft about 3k ess as it would to mine 13k of it, maybe even more.

This is one of the most organized questions I've ever seen.

On Topic...

Essence/Runecrafting:

Yes mine the essence and then crafting runs. I'm assuming you are going for 50 Runecrafting if I am wrong then go with Earth runes and Water runes. With gloves from Fist Of Guthix (granting 2x experience for 1000 essence.)

Dungeoneering:

You will need 68500 Tokens. To get 68500 tokens you will need to gain 685000 experience or level 69 Dungeoneering. This takes roughly 2 weeks.

Equipment: Basically you have best set-ups that don't include Dungeoneering items. If you plan on staying f2p gravite weapons are useful.

Bots: Yes, they tend to get annoying. All you have to do is be faster. The botter usually checks on bot and rages and then will switch worlds.

Good topic, some replies actually helped me ^^

50 rc to get o gop? I've been going there same as you, but i bought the essence and runecrafting my ass off isn't quite a jolly task, so i'd say, do a dung run, go runecrafting 0.5K essence, then go do something else, then redo. Otherwise you'll bore yourself out, i know i do ^^'

If you're thinking about rc gloves (earth), i had them, but it takes some time to get them, and after a thousand essence they degrade, so it might not be quite fun to rc earths, i'd say body runes.

:( :D

Seriously in F2P Amulet of Power>>>>>>>>>>Amulet of Strenghth

I don't see the point of str ammys when a power ammy gives bonus to STR, RNG, DEF, and PRAY

Well my list of goals right now is:

Finish up the Lumbridge/Draynor Tasks by doing the following:

Finally get 50 Runecrafting for GOP which will help me get the 'Best' Maging Equipment.

Then using those 16k Something Runes I'm going to craft them into Airs and Minds which I would use to get to 50+ Magic

Yeah right now I just sold my STR Amulet back to the Market. and slightly steered off into getting my Crafting to 44 via some Urn Crafting, after that I think I'll go back to mining more Rune Essence.

Personally for me its not worth it... all the Craftable Free-To-Play Runes cost 3gp where as their raw uncrafted ones cost 20gp so for me I chose to rather mine as its a net loss. Making the Urns however is a big boon if you decided to just make it yourself by buying the hard/soft clays as this will net you maybe 30-50k per 1000 Pile.