Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A Kingy

Botting Problem?

yeh they along with how bots keep most supplies cheap without effecting loot prices to much which is only positive if you stay away from botted npcs..

naruz is obviously new as fudge so

Bots may keep supplies cheap for the 'elite' that has better money making methods like staking or merchanting for example, but don't forget there are a lot of new players that don't have better ways to make money (or don't know better ways same thing really) and have to compete with countless bots. It's hell and I'm sure new players get the wrong idea that RuneScape is too 'hard' and give up. And the ones who decide to continue playing don't make as much money as they should be making thanks to the idiots who bot because they are too lazy to play the game.

And don't give me the 'RuneScape is boring and yada yada yada' crap. The people that feel the game is boring should just quit it's as simple as that, nobody is pointing you a gun and forcing you to play.

All bots do is ruin the game for the honest players.

Edited by Micael Fatia

yeh they along with how bots keep most supplies cheap without effecting loot prices to much which is only positive if you stay away from botted npcs..

Bots may keep supplies cheap for the 'elite' that has better money making methods like staking or merchanting for example, but don't forget there are a lot of new players that don't have better ways to make money (or don't know better ways same thing really) and have to compete with countless bots. It's hell and I'm sure new players get the wrong idea that RuneScape is too 'hard' and give up. And the ones who decide to continue playing don't make as much money as they should be making thanks to the idiots who bot because they are too lazy to play the game.

And don't give me the 'RuneScape is boring and yada yada yada' crap. The people that feel the game is boring should just quit it's as simple as that, nobody is pointing you a gun and forcing you to play.

This ^.

Why Bot a game when you dont really benefit from it - A Big part of RS is being proud to get a certain level or a certain weapon, If someone offered me 1b, i'd say no, why? Because i wouldnt feel a sense of accomplishment...

Grinding is boring, bossing/staking/high level content/clanning is fun. Some people who bot do it so they don't have to spend 20 hours doing an activity so they can unlock something mildly enjoyable.

Maybe Jagex could release 'cheat' worlds, where people can spawn in any item they want? Items obviously wouldn't be transferable to 'legit' worlds, but it would mean players could experience high-end content without having to bot/grind for it. Now that I think about it, that sounds like a private server. Hmm.

To the above, if someone dosnt want to train their levels legitly or doesnt have enough time, then they shouldnt play, full stop. Not having enough time to play or not wanting to grind is not an excuse to bot.

To the above, if someone dosnt want to train their levels legitly or doesnt have enough time, then they shouldnt play, full stop. Not having enough time to play or not wanting to grind is not an excuse to bot.

Why not? I find a large majority of fun comes from endgame play.. I've been through a lot of the grinding to get to it, and I really wouldn't want to do that again. Not saying I'd bot for it, but I can definitely see why people do.

the real problem here isn't botting (well it is i suppose) but that many if almost all find the game to be rather uninteresting till you get past the grind

it's not that grinding is a problem it's that this is a point and click game and with like 90% of it being grinding and minimal character interaction people would rather bot and play the enjoyable 10%

Why Bot a game when you dont really benefit from it
You can benefit greatly monetarily speaking. You can sell gold or powerlevel accounts and sell accounts to make real money.

Maybe Jagex could release 'cheat' worlds, where people can spawn in any item they want? Items obviously wouldn't be transferable to 'legit' worlds, but it would mean players could experience high-end content without having to bot/grind for it. Now that I think about it, that sounds like a private server. Hmm.

Jagex was talking about selling private servers when RSC was re-released.

I don't think they're ever going to sell RSC worlds.

What loot prices are uneffected? The only thing bots can't really do is bossing, and that still gets indirectly effected by bots. You wouldn't have so many people with 99 combat stats crashing your bossing groups without bots, they might be legit playing there but they didn't work for the stats that made it possible.

If jagex could rid the game of bots the economy would survive. Sure things would be pretty whacky in the beginning, but the game is fully capable of working with a supply/demand player-run economy.

Edited by Hotbabe69

What loot prices are uneffected? The only thing bots can't really do is bossing, and that still gets indirectly effected by bots. You wouldn't have so many people with 99 combat stats crashing your bossing groups without bots, they might be legit playing there but they didn't work for the stats that made it possible.

If jagex could rid the game of bots the economy would survive. Sure things would be pretty whacky in the beginning, but the game is fully capable of working with a supply/demand player-run economy.

Of course the economy would survive. It would be hectic for a few weeks but it'd all calm down and players would become accustomed to the new prices, and will get more profit from skilling and slaying.

I pray they eradicate Bots...

I see this all the time.. I don't even get why they bot turoths, it's not that great for money

I can't be too sure, but I think Turoths drop effigies? I haven't had the task in a while, so I can't be certain. And the herb/seed drops are alright.

And people wonder why I voted no to free trade.

these bots are everywhere, although sometimes mistaken. I personally don't understand how these programs have been put together.. it's crazy how times change.

Isn't there a Turoth spot in the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon? You could always go there for your tasks. :(

Okay, this just makes me a little confused. Go there on world 96/160 please. Posts pictures, I had triple this on my last turoths task. Also theres 4x this on hill giants f2p in a regular world, so try hill giants in a QC world too. I'm not impressed, sorry. I'll take a pic of the turoth habitat right now.

Don't worry guys Jagex and their merry band of bot busters are on the case! This game is turning into a joke, if not already.

I actually laughed when I read the first sentence, I might put that as my signature. :(

I don't really think botting is a problem.

wtmhk.png

This made me laugh. I have never seen so many cannons in one place. Thats amazing.

This made me laugh. I have never seen so many cannons in one place. Thats amazing.

It's not amazing, it's just ridiculous. :(

I don't really think botting is a problem.

wtmhk.png

They need to set a cannons/unit area limit. :(

Remove free trade.

But remove GE restrictions

I wish that would happen.

Only means you cant donate.

Or make 2b+ trades with items for street price but screw the people who have that much money lol