Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mr blaster

Training Smithing 73-80

Question

Currently i am smithing unfinished mithril bolts in the blast furnace. But i was wondering if there are better methods than this.

There are some methods im considering.

-iron knives

-adamant bolts

-adamant arrowtips

-cannonballs

Which would be recommended to get 73-80 smithing in a reasonable amount of time?

Also, i cannot afford smithing plates and i have a (more or less) infinite supply of sc hammers.

8 answers to this question

Currently i am smithing unfinished mithril bolts in the blast furnace. But i was wondering if there are better methods than this.

-iron knives

-adamant bolts

-adamant arrowtips

-cannonballs

Which would be recommended to get 73-80 smithing in a reasonable amount of time?

Also, i cannot afford smithing plates and i have a (more or less) infinite supply of sc hammers.

Have you tried the Artisans Workshop? I'm using that to get 99 smithing and I'm getting about 35-37k xp an hour with the lowest xp option.

-iron knives

-adamant bolts

-adamant arrowtips

-cannonballs

Have you tried the Artisans Workshop? I'm using that to get 99 smithing and I'm getting about 35-37k xp an hour with the lowest xp option.

That is like a tiny bit higher than slayer xp/hr.

I don't think he wants to wait 3 months for 99 or like 2 weeks for 80 o.o

I woulnd't to cannonballs they are very slow, try iron knives, I heard they were pretty fast and not a lot of cost.

Honestly artisans isn't that slow, it's actually around 43k exp/hr and extremely cheap. If you want it faster though... goldsmithing with the gauntlets is good exp, or doing a higher tier of artisans such as iron iii for around 90k exp/hr or so.

73-75, I guess you could do whatever.

At 75, get yourself as many SC hammers as needed and smith adamantite arrowtips. 125k exp/h and very cheap.

43k xp/hr is very slow,cheap but slow, I think I made cannonballs to 80 as slow as it was it made me money.

You can get a lot more than 43k an hour with members, especially if you have the money for it. I'm using the lowest possible xp option out of about 40, and getting 37k, so I'm sure he could get up to around 55-60k at the very least. I've seen some youtube videos of people getting well over 200k xp an hour at artisans. That's not exactly slow by my standards.

Edited by cash money95

That is like a tiny bit higher than slayer xp/hr.

I don't think he wants to wait 3 months for 99 or like 2 weeks for 80 o.o

I woulnd't to cannonballs they are very slow, try iron knives, I heard they were pretty fast and not a lot of cost.

He did say he was choosing the lowest xp/hour, there are alternatives and Artisan's workshop can be great smithing xp, and you don't even have to bank.

Take yourself some SC hammers there and you're off to a flying start tbh, I'd recommend Artisan's anyday.

43k xp/hr is very slow,cheap but slow, I think I made cannonballs to 80 as slow as it was it made me money.

You can get a lot more than 43k an hour with members, especially if you have the money for it. I'm using the lowest possible xp option out of about 40, and getting 37k, so I'm sure he could get up to around 55-60k at the very least. I've seen some youtube videos of people getting well over 200k xp an hour at artisans. That's not exactly slow by my standards.

I never said Artisans Workshop was slow, I said your xp rates were slow.