Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

Article Requests?

I'd be interested to hear your take on the Freemasonry of today.

I'm interested on how you would compare Paganism as a belief system with other organised religions, most especially the Abrahamic faiths like Christianity and Islam. Religion and theology has always been topics that have interested me and I would like to see your take on them.

I assume your a Pagan so your take on it would be very relevant.

Here is the first article that I came up with for you. Witchcraft, Islam and Christianity: 'The Things Which Unite Us'.

My word, that is interesting! I didn't know you are a High Priestess? :D It's great to read it directly from the pen (keyboard) of someone so connected and into the belief system. And I look forward to reading more from you. :(

I agree. There is good and truth in every religion. My spiritual idol Archbishop Fulton Sheen insisted on that. To humble oneself to find the truth and find the good in people you may not agree with, that is how all dialogue between faiths should start.

There are points in the article I disagree with but I am not interested in a debate. I would rather sit back, humbly hear the words of your tradition and try to understand them.

These articles have been really interesting to read and I've enjoyed them :(

I'd like to suggest a topic but I can't think of anything right now. Maybe if something springs to mind at some point :D

I'm interested on how you would compare Paganism as a belief system with other organised religions, most especially the Abrahamic faiths like Christianity and Islam. Religion and theology has always been topics that have interested me and I would like to see your take on them.

I assume your a Pagan so your take on it would be very relevant.

Here is the first article that I came up with for you. Witchcraft, Islam and Christianity: 'The Things Which Unite Us'.

My word, that is interesting! I didn't know you are a High Priestess? :D It's great to read it directly from the pen (keyboard) of someone so connected and into the belief system. And I look forward to reading more from you. :D

I agree. There is good and truth in every religion. My spiritual idol Archbishop Fulton Sheen insisted on that. To humble oneself to find the truth and find the good in people you may not agree with, that is how all dialogue between faiths should start.

There are points in the article I disagree with but I am not interested in a debate. I would rather sit back, humbly hear the words of your tradition and try to understand them.

I am indeed. :P I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have and/or debate theology with you. Though I'd be crap at the latter, as I think we're all right. :D

I certainly agree with Archbishop Fulton Sheen on that one. :(

These articles have been really interesting to read and I've enjoyed them :D

I'd like to suggest a topic but I can't think of anything right now. Maybe if something springs to mind at some point :D

Thank you very much for reading them.

Take your time, as I have a fair list at the moment. But if something crops up, add it here. (Or PM me, if this thread has long since died. :D )

An article on the Knights Templars, please. :D

There you go: The Knights Templar and Cressing Temple in Essex

Edited by Merch Gwyar

An article on the Knights Templars, please. :D

Nowhere near as secretive or mysterious as Da Vinci Code and stuff makes them :D still a pretty cool topic (did the crusades in medieval history last year :( )

For my request would you happen to know about norse mythology and beliefs pre christian (oden, thor, loki and the like) subject I find intrensting and it' pagan :D

Yes, this would be no problem. :D Norse religion in ancient times or now?

Dark ages/medieval please, although relating it to modern ways can't hurt :P

Could you write an article on your opinion on "online friends,"? There are some people that think you cannot consider someone you've met online a "friend" equating to your irl friends, while there are others that feel that it is definitely possible to bond with someone you've met online even though you've never seen them face to face.

I think it's an interesting topic. :(

For my request would you happen to know about norse mythology and beliefs pre christian (oden, thor, loki and the like) subject I find intrensting and it' pagan :D

Yes, this would be no problem. :P Norse religion in ancient times or now?

Dark ages/medieval please, although relating it to modern ways can't hurt :D

I'll see what I can do. :D

Could you write an article on your opinion on "online friends,"? There are some people that think you cannot consider someone you've met online a "friend" equating to your irl friends, while there are others that feel that it is definitely possible to bond with someone you've met online even though you've never seen them face to face.

I think it's an interesting topic. :D

Yes, that would be an interesting topic. I keep seeing it cropping up too. Leave it with me.

Sept 2nd edit:

I think it's an interesting topic. :D

Here you go: What is a Friend? The Real Life Versus Online Friends Debate

Pheonix Rider - You may be interested to know that the article you suggested ended up being featured! However, it also brought some Christian hate-mail, e-mailed to me. :D The individual told me, amongst other things, that Christianity and Witchcraft will never have anything in common. It just proves that an article like that was needed, so thank you for suggesting it. :(

Edited by Merch Gwyar

Pheonix Rider - You may be interested to know that the article you suggested ended up being featured! However, it also brought some Christian hate-mail, e-mailed to me. :D The individual told me, amongst other things, that Christianity and Witchcraft will never have anything in common. It just proves that an article like that was needed, so thank you for suggesting it. :(

My pleasure. It was a thought provoking and though we can disagree, hate is not justified. To be honest, I guess it just shows more about him and his insecurities than anything else. And I disagree with his comments. Like I said, there is truth to be found in all religions.

Not all Christians are like that. I think you know that.

I look forward to reading more material from you on the subject. And congratulations on being featured. :P

If you're doing history, an article on Imperialism would be pretty cool!

Imperialism in general or regarding any particular country?

Imperialism in general was what I was hoping for. Things like the philosophy behind taking someone else's land, the stealing or "acquiring" of their possessions, and the impact it has on the occupied country and the occupying country. However, it's a very broad subject, so you can talk about a broad spectrum of things regarding imperialism. The only thing I really want to see in the article, however, are specific examples. I just came back from Britain - after seeing the Windsor Castles and the Tower of London, I'd like to see more examples of imperialism.

If you do happen to write it, then thank you and good luck! :(

Edited by Samsara

I was unaware :(

I am rather enjoying the Pagan articles by the way :D

I was unaware :(

Just to clarify he made this post to annoy me because I said he was inactive.

Any articles on the Crusades would be of real interest to me, specifically the 1st Crusade or the origins of the 1st Crusade. I realise that's pretty specific but I did a 5000 word essay on it so i'd be interested on anything you come up with. If not then i'm generally interested in the Crusades :P

Any articles on the Crusades would be of real interest to me, specifically the 1st Crusade or the origins of the 1st Crusade. I realise that's pretty specific but I did a 5000 word essay on it so i'd be interested on anything you come up with. If not then i'm generally interested in the Crusades :D

Share the essay! I also think that the Crusades were a very interesting series of events in history.

But share it in a blog or in a separate topic. We don't wanna derail Merch's topic :(

Any articles on the Crusades would be of real interest to me, specifically the 1st Crusade or the origins of the 1st Crusade. I realise that's pretty specific but I did a 5000 word essay on it so i'd be interested on anything you come up with. If not then i'm generally interested in the Crusades :D

Share the essay! I also think that the Crusades were a very interesting series of events in history.

But share it in a blog or in a separate topic. We don't wanna derail Merch's topic :(

There ye go thar

I was unaware :D

I am rather enjoying the Pagan articles by the way :P

And I thought our debates were special! :D

When all along he was just using them to raise his post count. :(

Edited by Phoenix Rider

I was unaware :P

And I thought our debates were special! :D

When all along he was just using them to raise his post count. :D

My PM Count is through the roof :(