Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

London's Burning

This reinforces my view that half of the uk population are beyond stupid. Seriously what is petrol bombs and burning down building going to solve, nothing.

It'll let the authority know that you're not going to be blindly submissive to everything they say and do.

whaaaaa

What does rioting seriously solve? They are burning people's homes down and putting loads of lives in danger, they are terrorising London. There are legitimate ways of challenging authority and there are illegitimate, this is illegitimate.

But it's fairly obvious they're not really politically motivated riots (the original peaceful protest was) it just developed into violence for the sake of violence.

Exactly, just loads of idiots who want to destroy people's lives for fun.

This reinforces my view that half of the uk population are beyond stupid. Seriously what is petrol bombs and burning down building going to solve, nothing.

All of the riots are happening in the inner city area's of London, more specifically in the poorer area's in London which are located in the eastern and northern parts. In poorer areas there is going to be more crime then say an outer suburb of London. It has been waiting to kick off in northern and eastern parts of London for years due to mass migration which leads to racism,increase in drugs/knife crime/gun crime and finally the recession which left MANY people jobless as they were layed off. This has left people just wating to let out their fustration.

Honestly were not that stupid, this is just a couple thousand youths who have nothing better to do.

Thousands of stupid youths who are frustrated so they decide to burn down the homes of innocent people and then throw petrol bombs at others.

It annoys me that you blame it on migration - it is not the immigrants fault that they had to move here because life was so hard in their country. It's not their fault that the UK is filled with morons like the BNP.

As for the unemployed, there is generous welfare system to provide for those without jobs - crime is never a legitimate option.

I didn't blame it on migration and if I did I didnt mean to, what I mean is there is alot of racism in London between different ethnics and this increases tension.

Oh, that makes sense, I understand now. :(

Day two of the riots, so I've written a second article to go with the first: London's Burning: The August 7th Riots Spread Out of Tottenham

tl;dr crazy brits

americans throw your tea in the harbour and you all throw a hissy fit, but now british citizens are destroying cities and you dont give a damn

But that was tea!!! :(

Anyone else reminded of the Vancouver riots? Although it appears that this riot started for a somewhat reasonable reason, it has now downgraded to rioting just for the sake of rioting. Unreasonable acts of violence, vandalism, and arson that are putting people's lives and jobs at risk.

It's a shame. :(

Clearly the case of this young man's death has been hijacked by youths looking to commit violent acts and do some looting. I've watched in the news that the riots that started in other parts of the city are were planned over social media with specific stores being targeted for the looting.

Regardless of the cause, the deranged and violent destructions these people are doing is unacceptably and the cold hammer of justice needs to come down on them. It's good to hear that lots of arrests are being made.

Don't quite understand looting whilst rioting. At what point do you stop standing up for what you believe in and decide life would be better with a free radio alarm clock?

Seems like it's spreading further, a shameless bandwagon if I ever saw one.

People were queueing up to loot from some shops... only in England.

I'm worried for my Grannies, neither of them can go grocery shopping as the supermarkets have been looted in their areas. :(

The original protest was understandable. The original riot was a shameful tainting of that cause.

The following riots are disgusting. There is nothing to gain from these. There is no message of police brutality to fight, there is no defiance of a corrupt government. This is destruction for enjoyment, pleasure from causing chaos and the theft of others property.

Apparently, a lot of them have been using BBM to organise where to loot as they believed it to be secret and secure. Unfortunately for them the BBM network has a record of every message (for some time at least) and has always been criticised for it (and one of the reasons I never liked BlackBerry's) but it means that they can probably work out who has been trying to organise these things.

This is disgusting, it has spread to other cities now. This is pointless and disgusting.

My aunt lives in Lewisham and we called her about an hour ago. She said there's rioting just ten minutes away from where she lives and stores at their local main street has been looted. :(

I'm watching the coverage now and it is a disgrace. It is a disgrace and nothing more than bands of cowards who have succumb to looting and thuggery. There are homes and stores on fire and I hope no innocent people have gotten hurt.

Birmingham (my city) is being looted. This is absolutely fudgeing pathetic, and seriously hope that our prisons get a hell of a lot fuller. If this doesn't show a broken Britain I don't know what does. I'm actually furious at them now just call in the freaking army if the police can't deal with it.

I need to go shopping there later this week, -_-.

edit: i'm pissed

Edited by Gonzyy

There doesn't seem to be any explanation or reason or motivation coming from the direction of the rioters, but you have to agree - you can kind of understand the events leading up to it. On my phone so can't elaborate atm :(

Right Ok so shop staff are getting attacked now.

http://birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com/

Live feed of Birmingham riots.

Primark is on fire (and it's a pretty damn big Primark and right in the city centre).

Hollister (one of our nicest looking shops) has been looted. Addidas looted. Tescos looted.

The hippodrome is on high alert and being protected by police with people trapped inside.

Riot police are protecting the CHILDRENS HOSPITAL. How low can people get? Other parts of the hospital have had rocks thrown at windows.#

Also I've heard they're sawing the bull (the shopping centres statue) off. :|

Edited by Gonzyy

Birmingham (my city) is being looted. This is absolutely fudgeing pathetic, and seriously hope that our prisons get a hell of a lot fuller. If this doesn't show a broken Britain I don't know what does. I'm actually furious at them now just call in the freaking army if the police can't deal with it.

I need to go shopping there later this week, -_-.

edit: i'm pissed

Stay safe, I heard the riots have been quelled somewhat there but don't know if that's true or not

Also I heard that the riots have spread to other London boroughs such as Ealing, considering there are a few Slammers around that area I am aware of, I hope you guys are safe too :(

God, this is just getting worse and worse. I feel glad I live in a small countryside town, but I'm pretty sure it'll spread to Swindon/Bristol if this carries on :D

O_O Hope it doesn't spread further, as for the hospital that's just disgraceful.

I find it kind of funny that addidas gets looted and in London JBB sports too, does no one have taste? :(

Ok so when I said Birmingham was my home City that's like 30 minutes away. but now my towns are getting looted too :(. I live in a fairly large housing estate so I'm sitting safe at home on my laptop but it's just crazy. The towns where my parents and sister works are getting looted and it's all very surreal. And it better not spread to Bristol (I'm going shopping there on Friday).

And +1 at them having no taste in clothing. Then again chavs only like JJB and Addidas.

O_O Hope it doesn't spread further, as for the hospital that's just disgraceful.

I find it kind of funny that addidas gets looted and in London JBB sports too, does no one have taste? :(

Yeah, I felt sick reading that. I really don't understand why they'd attack a hospital, shops are stupid but there's a motive however stupid, killing kids? Not as much of an obvious motive, other than being sick, which makes sense as they're in riots.

I find it kind of funny that addidas gets looted and in London JBB sports too, does no one have taste? :D

I love how your primary thought is fashion based :P. Even if I do completely agree with you :(.

Yeah, I felt sick reading that. I really don't understand why they'd attack a hospital, shops are stupid but there's a motive however stupid, killing kids? Not as much of an obvious motive, other than being sick, which makes sense as they're in riots.

I doubt they'd actually kill the kids. They're just trying to spread panic.

Nobody's said that they were attacking the hospital, have they? Only that the police were defending it.

I doubt they'd actually kill the kids. They're just trying to spread panic.

Yeah, but all it takes is one stone to shatter a window and knock a few cords off a life support machine... just because the intent is to frighten, even in a riot you've got to use your head and not be so pathetic...

Nobody's said that they were attacking the hospital, have they? Only that the police were defending it.

All my information is off that Tumblr which is all based off public submission for reports.

Lot of people asking about the Childrens Hospital. Don’t know what to tell you. Obviously a much more sensitive subject. Lots of rumors, no solid info on that one. Let’s all hope it’s not true, clearly that would be as low as it is humanly possible to get.

acciokatyperry asked: Riot police are protecting the Children's Hospital as rioters have gotton so close.. :(

Thanks for the info. Surely rioters wouldn’t attack a hospital?

Still hearing a lot of reports about smashed windows and violence outside the hospital.

So obviously some might not be accurate. It will all be clear what happened when everything calms down.

Oh man, this is just like the LA Riots in 1992.

I wonder how long it'll be until the military gets involved.

This country needs to get a grip. Police can't handle it? Call in the forces. Plenty standing by.

This country needs to get a grip. Police can't handle it? Call in the forces. Plenty standing by.

I thought they were all being cut?

I thought they were all being cut?

There's still a huge amount of reserve soldiers that can be used. I kinda agree that soldiers are needed if things deterioate, but I'm not too fond of the thought of soldiers on the streets.