Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Azarath

Golden Joysticks

The Golden Joystick Awards are here again and, for the third year in a row, we’re immensely proud to announce that we’ve been nominated for an award!

This year, RuneScape has been nominated in the “Best Free to Play Game” category and, although we’re in the company of some great games, we know that with your support we can make it three Golden Joysticks in a row!

Our free-to-play community have always played a vital role in the history and success of RuneScape. Whether it’s giving us great feedback on updates, organising exciting events or spending time moderating the game or forums, RuneScape really wouldn’t be what it is today without you.

There are a huge number of you, too! In the last month, millions of you logged in to level up a skill, complete a quest, create a clan, play a minigame or hang out chatting with friends.

Add all that to over 13,000 hours of free- to-play content available and you can see why we proudly state to have “the world’s most popular free MMO” on our front page.

Whether you’re a member or free player, your vote is hugely important. So if you’ve been free-to-play, are free-to-play now or just recognise an incredibly good deal when you see one, please take a few moments to help us win the Golden Joystick award for the best free-to-play game.

We can’t win this prestigious Golden Joystick without you and so we’d ask that you cast your votes and help us bring home the bacon!

VOTE NOW!

To vote go to: http://www.goldenjoystick.com/awards/best-free-to-play

To anyone thinking about voting, stop. Make a new account and log into f2p and try and play, this award is about f2p not p2p so completly disregard your main account if you are a member. F2p is now completly over run with bots, you cannot skill/money make in f2p at all without competing with bots at every resource spot. All im asking is that you test the f2p before you vote, don't base your vote on your experience as a f2p whenever you were, Jagex does not deserve to win any award for the current state of f2p.

I voted for League of Legends already even though I've never played the game but it seems to have the highest chance to beat RS.

It doesn't look like there is much competition. Maybe League of Legends. I do agree with you, F2P is not a good game right now.

The game is good, the community of bots and the company's way of dealing with them bad.

I voted for runescape. In any case, if we're lucky we'll get a golden hammer emote.

The game is good, the community of bots and the company's way of dealing with them bad.

I voted for runescape. In any case, if we're lucky we'll get a golden hammer emote.

A game can be designed to perfection, but in terms of MMO the community and companys actions dictate a lot of the enjoyment in the game.

A game can be designed to perfection, but in terms of MMO the community and companys actions dictate a lot of the enjoyment in the game.

This.

MMOs are all about the community, and if the community is not enjoyable then the game itself can't be enjoyable.

Freeplay is overrun by bots but the game is still high quality for something that's free. There are also ways to play by completely avoiding bots.

But I'm going to vote for Bejeweled 3, it passes time without making me feel like an 11 year old nerd.

Freeplay is overrun by bots but the game is still high quality for something that's free. There are also ways to play by completely avoiding bots.

But I'm going to vote for Bejeweled 3, it passes time without making me feel like an 11 year old nerd.

That.

You aren't voting for the company's actions, you're voting for the game, which you can play while avoiding bots and is actually pretty good.

League of Legends will probably win. Jagex doesn't deserve another award, not for Freeplay. Their members experience is quality, but freeplay is just too overrun.

That.

You aren't voting for the company's actions, you're voting for the game, which you can play while avoiding bots and is actually pretty good.

No, you can't avoid bots. Have you even logged into f2p? Go to the GE. It's overrun by RWT advertisers. Try playing Great Orb Project in the official world. You won't even be able to join a game because the bots take up every spot.

The company's actions directly affect the game, so it's laughable to try to draw some sort of strict separation between company policy and the game itself. They're inextricably linked.

Edited by Common Sense

My friend made an account two days ago, and got overwhelmed with the content, so I think it's worth appreciation. The quality surpasses the drawbacks in this case.

As a P2P player however, knowing the game like the back of my hand, I'm not satisfied due to the humongous amount of bugs, so I won't be voting this year. ^^'

i don't need to play F2p to know that Jagex does not deserve to win this year. The game is getting worse and worse. Jagex only cares about money now.Foreign investors have taken over important spots in Jagex.

Remember this?

blah blah blah...

Sincerely,

Daniel Clough

Vice President of Runescape

Ya I came to this topic to post the video that Jacky linked, and alot of people (including myself) posted it on the Golden Joysticks Facebook page... trying to embarass Jagex into doing something about it.

That.

No, you can't avoid bots. Have you even logged into f2p? Go to the GE. It's overrun by RWT advertisers. Try playing Great Orb Project in the official world. You won't even be able to join a game because the bots take up every spot.

The company's actions directly affect the game, so it's laughable to try to draw some sort of strict separation between company policy and the game itself. They're inextricably linked.

I played and enjoyed GOP in the f2p world in the past week. Even if that game is crowded with people it's a little tricky to join, the trick is just to join the instant a portal opens-that clears a big chunk of the queue.

RWT advertisers don't affect me: I'd normally have public off at the GE, or set to Friends.

804189b6628c0b1a2464dbcaacb8b9a9.png

well that was fun. hope he watches :(

That.

This. By not taking better precautions, fighting harder against bots, Jagex ruins the game for everybody.

My friend made an account two days ago, and got overwhelmed with the content, so I think it's worth appreciation. The quality surpasses the drawbacks in this case.

As a P2P player however, knowing the game like the back of my hand, I'm not satisfied due to the humongous amount of bugs, so I won't be voting this year. ^^'

If he just made an account, his opinion can't be an experienced one. Just wait until he learns about the bots, and how they make RS harder, make it impossible to do anything.

No votes for jagex!

This!

Hi my name is Egghebrecht and I approve of this message

so true. And i lol'd

That.

I played and enjoyed GOP in the f2p world in the past week. Even if that game is crowded with people it's a little tricky to join, the trick is just to join the instant a portal opens-that clears a big chunk of the queue.

RWT advertisers don't affect me: I'd normally have public off at the GE, or set to Friends.

Honestly, who wants to play a game, even if it is free, and good detail, when there are bots everywhere? Most of Jagex's "actions" against FWT and bots were utter BS. They don't deserve this award, period.

804189b6628c0b1a2464dbcaacb8b9a9.png

well that was fun. hope he watches :D

I lol'd...Go Goggie!!!!! I think you just owned that mod :D :P :(

That.

Well you can't completely avoid bots, but what you can do is avoid them enough and when you do come in contact the bots they won't effect gameplay. For example spamming may be annoying but it won't effect gameplay. Bots will effect some aspects of the game but those aren't essential (there are many other ways to make money then cut yews for instance) and when (or hopefully when) Jagex fixes this bot problem everyone can go back to cutting yews or whatever. Besides there are many free areas where you can train without bots (Crandor, Wilderness locations, several banks, etc.) I'm not defending Jagex, just showing that you can play with being effected by bots.

Tl;dr Although you will have to come in contact with bots in freeplay, there are ways to not let the bots effect gameplay.

Edited by Sobend

Despite my criticism/bitter raging at of player's reactions to the botting epidemic and such, I won't vote for Runescape. One for said botting(as little effect as it has, as has been said before), and the other for the fact that Runescape is mind-numblingly grindy. You can't deny it. That's my biggest problem with the game really. There's others that have much less of one or make it a lot easier, and are probably more fun.

Also imo, the latter is what leads to the former. I highly doubt WoW has less botting because of good anti-bot programing.

Edited by Sukid