Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Sal's Realm Version 4.0!

Yes, it's finally here -- Sal's Realm of RuneScape Version 4.0! :D

Welcome to the new and vastly improved Sal’s Realm of RuneScape version 4.0! At long last, our new website is finally online, with a fresh new theme, updated content, and a slew of new features that we think you will find useful in your RuneScape adventures!

Our Item Database has been outfitted with an item comparison feature, many new search options, and now includes up-to-date Grand Exchange price data. The Skill Calculators have been completely overhauled to be speedier too, and include a whole set of options to make it easier to calculate your goals. You’ll also notice pages for “My Quests” and “My Highscores.” These pages allow you to fetch your skill data and completed quest info, to be used in various features around our website. There are too many changes and new features to list here, but we’re sure you’ll find them as you peruse the site!

As you can see, our website has a brand-new look! A very big thank you goes to Fatalysm for creating this theme for us; it truly is an amazing look that really suits our website quite well! Another huge thanks goes to Neo Avatars for everything he has done since the early stages of the overhaul, from coding the actual website layout, to assisting in programming the various features around the site! And of course, we can’t forget all of the people who have helped test our website out! Many thanks to Heb0, Dr Skull, Egghebrecht, Desireful, Xaria, Phoenix Rider, Lilshu, Adam, Arianna, Donovan, Samsara, Morte, Emanick, Goggie, Tabt, Razorlike, Micael Fatia, UnoriginallyChris, Mikey, Sryen, Redmonke, Man and Hawk – we could not have done this without all of you!

The past four years have been full of surprises while working on getting our new website online, and we hope you enjoy everything we’ve done with it! We welcome feedback and suggestions, too! There are probably many changes and adjustment that can make our website even better, so we would greatly appreciate it if you could post your feedback in the forum topic dedicated to the new site!

For those of you interested in the development process behind the site redesign, check out the Sal's Realm Version 4 Development Q&A!

Thanks and enjoy!

-The Sal’s Realm Staff

We hope you all enjoy what we've done with the website - please post your feedback here!! :(

New site looks GREAT! Can't wait for it to continually improve with the new guides and such.

Everyone who worked on the site did a fantastic job!! :(

Edited by Sythe

Showing all glitchy with old site stuff for me lol

Edited by Uther

I don't like the way it looks :D!

It's pretty amazing code! :(

This is sweet. Big thanks to the Sal's Realm staff. I'll be busy seeing what's changed for a bit.

Amazing! :D The site looks much better now.

also 4th comment yay

EDIT: Damn you Mr E :(

EDIT: derp

Edited by Admiral

back in my day we had to log in with ridiculously long passwords to get onto the new site :(

back in my day we had to log in with ridiculously long passwords to get onto the new site :D

Those were the days, son. :(

4.0 evokes imagery of Windows NT 4.0

Please make changes and make it evolve into 4.1

Squeeeeeeee!!! #tooklongenough

:(

*Neo Avatars keeps quiet about the other things...

The. New. Site. Is. Awesome.

It's kinda sad to see the old site go, but now the whole thing looks just brilliant. The images and stuff on the old one were getting kinda outdated. Good to see a bit of change here and there.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, the forums aren't gonna change, are they? :(

Edited by Mr E

Time to update all these guides! go forth Salpacas! spread the vast knowledge we have accumulated!

(dibs on firemaking guide)

~Cart

Edited by Gocarticus

The. New. Site. Is. Awesome.

It's kinda sad to see the old site go, but now the whole thing looks just brilliant. The images and stuff on the old one were getting kinda outdated. Good to see a bit of change here and there.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, the forums aren't gonna change, are they? :(

The forums will be upgraded to IPB 3.2 later. :D

*Neo Avatars keeps quiet about the other things...

You should work on those "other things". Get back to the dungeon!

Edited by Desireful

LOLWUT??

Sal u sneaky!

Glad to see a change after all these years! Still checking out all the changes that have been made, but good so far.

eeeeeeeee it looks very good :(. Nice work.

I'm gonna nitpick and ask why 'our partner RuneWise' is under tools D:. Or is it because it's a tool website?

This is so exciting. :(