Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Sal's Realm Version 4.0!

Actually wish I still played (and understood) runescape. Alot of this is truely impressive for a fansite. I'm now over the loss of those three guys.

Sorry if this is already known, but the two swords icon at the address bar isn't working. Now it takes me a second longer to know which tab is Sals :(.

Also, the "report an adverisement" links you to a broken page.

I smell a favicon competition!

I am excited about this.

DAMN! new site :(, shame I don't scape anymore, would love to use it

Only concern is it only says community, doesn't expressly say there's the forums

Edited by Joyful Lemon

We've been tweeted by Jagex! :P

As an idea for the new site, is it possible we could get a heap of new calculators? An example would be 'how long' calcs, where it takes the different exp/h rates of activities and gives you the time it'd take to reach x level.

Absolutely - that could even be combined with our current calculators to create the ultimate skill calcs :D - we would just need to know the xp rate for each action.

Or yo could just add a huge calculator (and by calculator I mean an actual calculator) with big bold text stating: "Work it out yourselves! Who do you think we are, nerds geeks?!

o wait

:(

:D

DAMN! new site :(, shame I don't scape anymore, would love to use it

Only concern is it only says community, doesn't expressly say there's the forums

If somebody isn't already part of the forums and starts visiting the site, "community" is a much more friendly-like word. It looks more encouraging for people to go join. Even though I don't think word choice doesn't matter that much but whatever :D

Yay! You released Neo Avatars out of captivity too! :D

The site design looks fairly generic tbh :( I can't wait to try out what's new!

Ideas

Seperate each year into tab's so the list isn't so huge [link]

Change the note box that you sometimes see in guides to another colour that suites the theme of the site.

Merge skills and skill training into one page with a separate column for the main guide and the training guide.

Remove the search bar from stupidly short tables like the one at the end of this guide. It's not necessary.

What happened to integrated forum accounts with the website? Wasn't that meant to happen?

Edited by Ambo100

looks very sick

only thing i don't like is the banner, it's missing santa hats...

wait. omg

sal you credited me in news post on website but said i was "adam". my name isn't "adam" its "adam?" omg

I love the new lay out and am sure it will be much more appealing to new visitors.... but i started runescape with the old sals, and i miss it :D any way you can make a special sals of the old one just for me? :(

Yay! You released Neo Avatars out of captivity too! :D

Don't worry, I'll probably be gone soon. :(

Merge skills and skill training into one page with a separate column for the main guide and the training guide.

As in a tabbed guide, or one after the other, or something else?

There could certainly be more 'Related Links' so the Skill training guides link back to the skill guides.

Remove the search bar from stupidly short tables like the one at the end of this guide. It's not necessary.

In that case, if I'm looking just for chests in Ardougne, it's quicker for me to type 'ard' into the search box and see that the results have been limited than to read through all the text and manually process which are in Ardougne. It may seem a bit strange searching through a 6-row table, but there is practical benefit.

What happened to integrated forum accounts with the website? Wasn't that meant to happen?

Being able to log in to store highscore / quest data was brought up, but "it's unlikely" (Sal) that it'd be possible to do without separate accounts for both the forum and site.

Why has Neo been released from coding duty. Who unshackled him :(

But the site looks lovely, nice job everyone :D

salsnewsiteissue.png

Have you been learning how to train your dragon? :(

Who says the end of that tab reads Dragon? :(

Site looks much cleaner and appealing, you should be proud. :D

looks very sick

only thing i don't like is the banner, it's missing santa hats...

Agreed, it needs a "Sal's" touch to it :(

not gonna lie, i salgasmd

since we are platinum fansite this should be posted on official runescape forums by jagex mod

since we are platinum fansite this should be posted on official runescape forums by jagex mod

Better yet, the runescape.com website should redirect to salmoneus.net for an hour :(

The new website looks amazing, great job guys! :(

Sorry if these questions have been asked/answered before, but I feel the need to ask them. Are there any plans for things like updated quest rewrites, the Monster/NPC Database, and such to be added in the near future? Also, when we upgrade to IPB 3, will we need to make new forum accounts and such?

The new website looks amazing, great job guys! :(

Sorry if these questions have been asked/answered before, but I feel the need to ask them. Are there any plans for things like updated quest rewrites, the Monster/NPC Database, and such to be added in the near future? Also, when we upgrade to IPB 3, will we need to make new forum accounts and such?

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/blog...showentry=63848

Were it not for a misclick I may not have seen this!

Seriously, I have the actual homepage and forum homepage both bookmarked together. I've been inactive in RuneScape for such a long time, so I hardly ever click that one, but I did... and honestly... it's amazing.

I've hardly been waiting as long, only 3 years, and even though I won't use it as much as others here, it just looks so good! It makes me want to get back into RuneScape!

Calculators aren't working quite right. I am 13% from 95 to 96 agility but the calculator is saying I am 91%. I think it is taking my percent from level 1 which has little meaning and is not helpful. I guess it was made that way but really needs changing.

If I hadn't gotten my a level results this would of made my day, it looks fantastic! Great work everyone!