Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ang3l Kushh

Age Limit For Sal's

OK guys. I'm pissed. There should be an age limit for joining sals. You should be at least 12 so you can have already learned the concept of cursing. They give us rules not to curse im guessing protect the youngin's . Thats cool , I dont mind . But when even Jagex has basically lifted the no cursing rule, we're still stuck have to be censored. I have a first amendment right to curse, and to say what I want . This is messed up .

-Ang3l Kushh

.... you know the ammendments don't apply on the internet right?

The internet isn't america, it's its own world covering the world. Neither is it a democracy, it's a collection of dictatorships.

... though I do agree there should be an age limit. :( But are you seriously mad at not being able to swear?

Edited by Sukid

OK guys. I'm pissed. There should be an age limit for joining sals. You should be at least 12 so you can have already learned the concept of cursing. They give us rules not to curse im guessing protect the youngin's . Thats cool , I dont mind . But when even Jagex has basically lifted the no cursing rule, we're still stuck have to be censored. I have a first amendment right to curse, and to say what I want . This is messed up .

-Ang3l Kushh

Not everyone here lives in America. And the First Amendment doesn't give you a "right to curse," rather, it gives a freedom of speech. It's different.

:( by the way.

Wrong topic too by the way.

.... you know the ammendments don't apply on the internet right?

The internet isn't america, it's its own world covering the world. Neither is it a democracy, it's a collection of dictatorships.

... though I do agree there should be an age limit. :(

Thank you for the 8th Grade lesson on American History. But I'm glad you agree. I hate that we have to limit our thoughts to protect the already-cursing 9 year olds, who shouldn't even play RS, or sign up to forums ANY way .

You can swear, it's just censored. I don't see what the problem is.

Bro, exactly. You try to curse and a stupid censor comes out. I want to say what the fudge, not what the chocolate-flavored-ice-cream-topping. shizzle.

And im 15.

Bro, exactly. You try to curse and a stupid censor comes out. I want to say what the fudge, not what the chocolate-flavored-ice-cream-topping. shizzle.

And im 15.

I feel as though you would love this thread.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...howtopic=349392

And im 15.

It's a word, you don't need to get worked up on how it appears in some forum. If you can see the meaning behind it, you get its effect and it doesn't matter what part of the english language you used to convey your message.

The censor serves a purpose beyond protecting young, innocent minds. It keeps the forums friendlier and easier to read. An age limit is unreasonable. I am sure there are twelve year olds more mature than you or I. Furthermore, how would you enforce such an age limit?

I am having trouble seeing an intelligent conversation on the forums when people are constantly cursing. If you are so mad about not being able to curse, use euphemisms like shizzle.

Stop getting so worked up over weather or not your word shows up right.

If someone knows what that word is, then a variation will be understood, just like s--t and shizzle.

Edited by Zar0s

I dont like being controlled! I dont like it at all. But i guess i have no choice. And the enforcement would have to an email that is of age, and the same age must be entered upon registration to the forums. Its still passable but its something .

One problem with an age limit, people will just lie about their age to pass. And swearing is a fact of the internet, you won't ever change that.

The censor serves a purpose beyond protecting young, innocent minds. It keeps the forums friendlier and easier to read. An age limit is unreasonable. I am sure there are twelve year olds more mature than you or I. Furthermore, how would you enforce such an age limit?

Excatly

I dont like being controlled! I dont like it at all. But i guess i have no choice. And the enforcement would have to an email that is of age, and the same age must be entered upon registration to the forums. Its still passable but its something .

I can say I was born in 1927 from a drop down menu, but I really wasnt. I was born in 1926.

See how that doesn't work?

Just because your 12 doesn't mean you automatically start cursing and aren't offended by it anymore.

You're not being controlled at all. Just use a different word to describe your meaning. Widen your vocabulary.

Dude, I like swearing as much as the next guy but you're reaaaally making a big deal out of nothing. You're taking this way too seriously.

There should be an age limit because Runescape has an age limit of 13 and up.

Also I was never "offended" by swears. I really think swearing is taken too seriously on both sides. They're just words.

Dude, I like swearing as much as the next guy but you're reaaaally making a big deal out of nothing. You're taking this way too seriously.

Also I was never "offended" by swears. I really think swearing is taken too seriously on both sides. They're just words.

No. Jagex changed it, runescape has no age limit yet. But if your under 13 then you have to use Quick Chat mandatory until your 13th Birthday.

Edited by Ang3l Kushh

I dont like being controlled! I dont like it at all. But i guess i have no choice.

Obv youre an anarchist. :(

But there is no way to limit age on the Internet. Deal with it.

No. Jagex changed it, runescape has no age limit yet. But if your under 13 then you have to use Quick Chat mandatory until your 13th Birthday.

And why do they have to use Quick Chat? So they don't curse..../spam/advertise/break the rules.

There goes your theory.

-Ang3l Kushh

We're not a democracy. We're a random collection of Runescape players who's hierarchy is based on that of merit. Ideas and suggestions are decided upon by the judgement of a small and qualified group and not by popular voting. Not everyone here is from the US, nor does everyone agree with you. You can't use the First Amendment here buddy.

I dont like being controlled! I dont like it at all. But i guess i have no choice.

The moment you signed up to this forum, you have put yourself under the expectations of the Forums Rules and the Staff. You will be controlled when needed and deemed appropriate. just want to point that out to you.

Regarding the censors, there is no need for profanity. If you can't express yourself without dropping the "f" word once every paragraph, it shows alot about you as a person. We feel that there is no point in lifting the censors at the comment so it stays. Unless you can give us reason which would prove beneficial to the forum that is.

The lack of swearing and strict rules has actually helped make this site a friendlier and more mature community compared to others. It's not everyone's cup of tea but that's what we have to offer. You can either take it or move to another forum with more lax rules.

Also note that people can just LIE about their age. I thought that was obvious.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Out of curiosity how many sub-12 year olds do you think we have on sals? I can't imagine imposing an unrealistic age limit would change the community in the slightest.

Nor would it change the community's opinions - the filter thread proved not everyone above 12 wants a license to swear continually in here.

I don't agree with this simply because, look at Jacky. He joined Sal's when he was 11/12 (same as me) and look at him now. One of the most active and popular forumers...