Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kaibamanjrs

Distribution Of Dominant Religious Groups In The Us

Well there are a lot of Irish people in America and most Irish people are catholic. It still does seem like a lot though, especially in the west.

This shows just why America is so intolerant.

Notice this man's forum name.

NUFF' SAID LOLZ

Edited by Ghostfoot

And the image was taken out of context. It was showing the largest religious population but it was showing it by church--not by archtype. By archtype, protestantism would be a hell of a lot more widespread.

http://i.imgur.com/kRbQ9.jpg

I honestly never thought Catholicism was that widespread in the US and I thought protestant religions were more widespread. Is anyone else surprised at this?

Viva Ecclesias Catolica! :D

But yeah, like Bob-sama pointed out, considering how they divided up the Protestant movement into Southern Baptists, Methodists...etc, one would expect US Catholics to be the most prominent due to out unity. If it was spit along Protestant/Catholic lines then it'll be a different story.

You are saying that Catholics are intolerant?

*cracks knuckles* :(

Edited by Phoenix Rider

I'm not religious but I always find irony in comments like this.

The people who go on about intolerant religious people tend to be the same people who are intolerant to religious groups themselves.

There are few countries that have more than half of their population in the non religious sect. The difference is vocality in their religion. Americans have this bad tendency of pushing their beliefs on others whether they're religious or not. It has nothing to do with religion in itself but a culture of i'm right you're wrong.

Edited by Emo Nemo

http://i.imgur.com/kRbQ9.jpg

I honestly never thought Catholicism was that widespread in the US and I thought protestant religions were more widespread. Is anyone else surprised at this?

Viva Ecclesias Catolica! :(

But yeah, like Bob-sama pointed out, considering how they divided up the Protestant movement into Southern Baptists, Methodists...etc, one would expect US Catholics to be the most prominent due to out unity. If it was spit along Protestant/Catholic lines then it'll be a different story.

Solution: just regard as Protestant everything that is not blue, and see how it results. Pretty much half and half with a slight bias towards Catholicism because of large county areas. Or you could just take the numbers in the legend and compare 1.259 with (81+157+1.222+244+177=1.881). Not to mention the fact that in "Catholic counties" there could be very large Protestant minorities and vice-versa in "Protestant counties".

Oh, and try and tell a Calvinist that he's the same as a Lutheran who's the same as an Anglican that shares 99,9% of his DNA with a Mormon.

Good luck.

Fun fact: the county coloured as "None present" is Loving County, 1.753 square kilometres with 82 inhabitants. According to Wikipedia, "[m]ales [have] a median income of $25,833 versus $0 for females.". Insert appropriate "kitchen lol" remark here.

Americans have this bad tendency of pushing their beliefs on others whether they're religious or not.
Not just Americans, mind that :D

I like how all the liberal states are full of Catholics.

Sarah Palin's district is blue

Your argument is shot like a protected animal

Yeah, but look at New England, California and New York. Hell, the People's Republic of Massachusetts is blue.

Yeah, but look at New England, California and New York. Hell, the People's Republic of Massachusetts is blue.

Sure. That makes you conclude that Catholicism is inherently liberal? :(

Watch your footing theking. He's a formidable opponent this one. You have been warned.

Why yes. Jesus was quite the hippie back in the day.

Finding the "none present" county is like playing Where's Waldo.

Edited by Emo Nemo

That's why it's: "None present".

Yes but it has its own color.

Fun fact: the county coloured as "None present" is Loving County, 1.753 square kilometres with 82 inhabitants. According to Wikipedia, "[m]ales [have] a median income of $25,833 versus $0 for females.". Insert appropriate "kitchen lol" remark here.

Are you guys colourblind or something, it's right there

Why yes. Jesus was quite the hippie back in the day.
So when He said "love thy neighbour" he was referring to passing the bong?

Brb rebaptising

Well there are a lot of Irish people in America and most Irish people are catholic. It still does seem like a lot though, especially in the west.

im pretty sure its the emxicans

I'm not surprised. Mexicans and Irish are both very highly Catholic and they take up a good percent of the population.

Protestants do exist, but they're too spread out and not plentiful to control an entire county.

Edited by Guitarguy

I'm not surprised. Mexicans and Irish are both very highly Catholic and they take up a good percent of the population.

Protestants do exist, but they're too spread out and not plentiful to control an entire county.

There's probably a lot more protestants than Catholics but since protestants aren't under a unified name Catholicism holds the majority.

I can vouch that we have that many baptists down here

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one of their churches. :(