Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Protoss

Ten Year Old Dies From Dehydration As Punishment

In my opinion, they deserve Chinese water torture until they die from dehydration. That way, they'll not only be slowly going insane, but they will have to deal with water being just inches away from their mouths.

What the fudge is wrong with some people? How can they even THINK of doing something like this to a human, let alone a child?

Boy, that kid must have been a real brat to be punished that way. He probably didn't deserve to be killed like that, though. :(

I didn't see it said anywhere but I'm assuming the parents just gave him a "you're grounded for a week", sent him to his room, and kept him in there. Just pathetic parenting.

Boy, that kid must have been a real brat to be punished that way. He probably didn't deserve to be killed like that, though. :(

I didn't see it said anywhere but I'm assuming the parents just gave him a "you're grounded for a week", sent him to his room, and kept him in there. Just pathetic parenting.

They must have been absolute shizzle parents if they sent him to his room and then forgot they had a son/ forgot that humans need water to live.

There's this old mnemonic device...humans can survive for three minutes without air, three hours without shelter, three days without water, three weeks without food. Granted, one could survive shorter/longer depending on how healthy they are, but beyond that and your body is going to get screwed up.

If the parents set out to deny him water (!) for more than three days, without knowing the consequences, they are incredibly stupid and shouldn't have been allowed to have kids. In any case, they should have figured out that their son was dying.

If they set out to deny him water for more than three days, fully knowledgeable of the consequences--that's murder, plain and simple.

If they set out to punish him and forgot about him, resulting in his dehydration, they are extremely negligent. There's also the whole "didn't notice son dying in his bedroom" thing.

Whichever case happened, I know two people who need to be locked up for a loooooong time. Possibly more than that if necessary. I will let our lawmakers decide on that one.

Really, denying anyone water is just nasty. Water is required for health and survival. It's just...how could something like this have happened?

Also, why did no one notice the boy was missing? It's highly implausible that he could have been let outside, as he would have been able to find water. I know it's the summer, but wouldn't neighbors notice something?

I just don't understand what kind of crime would fit that punishment?

5 days, in plus 100 degree heat?

From a legal standpoint it's a really iffy thing to prosecute.

I mean you can hardly push for first degree murder, because I highly doubt they intended him to die, and you'd have a hell of a time proving that. Criminally negligent homicide? Torture? I don't know. It's a really, really iffy situation all around, best of luck to the legal system in dealing with this one.

I'd say denying a basic human requirement is torture. Honestly I'm surprised he survived five days.

His parents are horrible to have done this, I don't understand denying maybe things like dessert or nice food, but water? Really shocking.

Simple, this proves that people need to have a test to be allowed to, not have, but to care for children.

I say death by dehydration to both of them.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind".

I hate that quote, they both deserve the same fate.

And therefore, their relatives will have the right to kill you the same way.

I love your logic.

I love your logic.

Because when your parents punish you, you have the right to punish your parents too. :(

It's the same thing, just on a slightly bigger scale.

I love your logic.

Because when your parents punish you, you have the right to punish your parents too. :(

It's the same thing, just on a slightly bigger scale.

No. If the parents kill their child, and -say- Zj kills the parents because they deserve it, these parents' parents would have the right to kill Zj.

If not, Zj didn't have the right to do that in the first place. This isn't a punishment, this is murder.

Sorry to go off-topic... but wait... what?! you can survive for a hell of a lot longer than three hours without shelter. That aphorism either needs more context (naked? at what temperature? in harsh sunlight? during heavy physical exertion? etcetera...) or it's horribly wrong.

Might be interesting to know that you can survive without drinking for long periods of time (theoretically indefinitely) as long as you're provided with moist food. The "8 glasses of water a day" myth doesn't factor in the water contained in food. So if you're eating watermelon for every meal, you're prolly not going to die of thirst anytime soon.

Back on topic:

This phenomenon explains why so many children are abused by their step-parents, and Sleepy was wondering if their older son was abused as well, since he must be their step-mother's child. Perhaps it was their stepmother that was instigating the abuse, and their father was either following through on it or couldn't give enough of a crap to intervene.

Edited by imsleepy

Sorry to go off-topic... but wait... what?! you can survive for a hell of a lot longer than three hours without shelter. That aphorism either needs more context (naked? at what temperature? in harsh sunlight? during heavy physical exertion? etcetera...) or it's horribly wrong.

Might be interesting to know that you can survive without drinking for long periods of time (theoretically indefinitely) as long as you're provided with moist food. The "8 glasses of water a day" myth doesn't factor in the water contained in food. So if you're eating watermelon for every meal, you're prolly not going to die of thirst anytime soon.

Back on topic:

This phenomenon explains why so many children are abused by their step-parents, and Sleepy was wondering if their older son was abused as well, since he must be their step-mother's child. Perhaps it was their stepmother that was instigating the abuse, and their father was either following through on it or couldn't give enough of a crap to intervene.

Sorry. 3 hours without shelter in really bad weather. Like a hurricane. Or a blizzard. Ignore that part.

The important part was the "3 days without water." And apparently they weren't providing him with moist food, so the aphorism stands in that respect.