Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix Rider

Nationstates

Okay guys, I ran into a bit of a delay yesterday…sickness is no fun. :(

This week I'll be working on our map and tuning it to have some forests, mountains, deserts, etc. so everyone can really choose their nation's topography. In the meantime we might should discuss as a group our region's history.

Is it possible for me to join at some later date in the near future? This sounds appealing.

Being naked in public is not a crime in my country lol

I used to play NationStates and had a nation in Sals Region but I stopped playing several months ago so figured it's best if I make a new nation.

Real - Democratic States of Veddaria

Edited by Real

http://nationstates.net/miencraft

Ye.

Sucks that I've got below average Civil Rights.

I'm working on it tho.

Oh fudge. I'm a communist nation. Better get to work!!!

Seriously though, I'm trying as hard as I can to be the perfect centered Capitalist utopia.

"Miencraft's national animal is the Creeper, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests"

So true.

Edited by hot gal6666

First we need a history for our region.

I suggest this:

About two hundred years ago, a man named Sal (Full name Salmoneus) discovered a third continent. He claimed it for his own, naming it Sal's realm, and returned home to retrieve settlers.

Unfortunately, not all the settlers agreed, so they split into several countries. These countries held an alliance, but were free to do whatever they wanted. Their immortal rulers (Us) dictated the paths of the citizens, creating vastly different countries as time went on.

(Anyone can continue this if it's okay)

So there's only three continents? :(

I s'pose I'll be a dear and give you the pre-preview of the map.

LOLHUEG IMAGE

Sarilian and I have already picked out the general area we'd like to have just because we've already written out a lot of things. This is pretty bare compared to what we'll be using, though. I'm working on adding some features like forests, and there will be a completed, clean, political map before too long. :(

EDIT: Hey guys, I'd like you to do something, so as a little bonus, anyone who's signed on up until now is allowed to name a river each. Phoenix Rider and Joyful Lemon, I am tasking you with a continent apiece. Phoenix, since you'll be occupying it, you are to name the western continent, which will be all over the place climatically. Joyful Lemon, the eastern continent is mostly mountainous, and most areas are not very warm at all. I figured since Phoenix is into peace/love/chicken grease and Joyful Lemon's nation is a dictatorship, the climates would be fitting :P

There's also a southern ice cap that I will name. I need one volunteer to name a northern tundra in the western continent. Any takers?

FYI, I'm looking for some semi-deep names here, if you can think of anything with some meaning to it. :D They always sound cooler that way after all.

EDIT2: When naming your river, specify what length you'd like it to be, whether that be short, medium, or long.

Edited by Demon Jelly

I s'pose I'll be a dear and give you the pre-preview of the map.

LOLHUEG IMAGE

Sarilian and I have already picked out the general area we'd like to have just because we've already written out a lot of things. This is pretty bare compared to what we'll be using, though. I'm working on adding some features like forests, and there will be a completed, clean, political map before too long. :(

EDIT: Hey guys, I'd like you to do something, so as a little bonus, anyone who's signed on up until now is allowed to name a river each. Phoenix Rider and Joyful Lemon, I am tasking you with a continent apiece. Phoenix, since you'll be occupying it, you are to name the western continent, which will be all over the place climatically. Joyful Lemon, the eastern continent is mostly mountainous, and most areas are not very warm at all. I figured since Phoenix is into peace/love/chicken grease and Joyful Lemon's nation is a dictatorship, the climates would be fitting :P

There's also a southern ice cap that I will name. I need one volunteer to name a northern tundra in the western continent. Any takers?

FYI, I'm looking for some semi-deep names here, if you can think of anything with some meaning to it. :D They always sound cooler that way after all.

EDIT2: When naming your river, specify what length you'd like it to be, whether that be short, medium, or long.

Can I name the Eastern one Blashyrkh, if anyones familiar with the music of Immortal you'll know it's a fitting name (Their made up land mountainous and freezing cold), I know I didn't make up the name but I like it :D

Does the river name have to be related to our country in any way?

Not really, but if you do want it to be named for something about your country, I can be sure that you'll have it in your nation if that suits your fancy.

We're going to have a good bit of space, so…yeah.

Oh, I almost forgot. I finished emptying out the political map last night, so now we have a political map without labels or the old borders:

link.

Can I name the Eastern one Blashyrkh, if anyones familiar with the music of Immortal you'll know it's a fitting name (Their made up land mountainous and freezing cold), I know I didn't make up the name but I like it :(

Sure thing, I'll be sure to put that in when I label stuff tonight.

Edited by Demon Jelly

Does the river name have to be related to our country in any way?

Not really, but if you do want it to be named for something about your country, I can be sure that you'll have it in your nation if that suits your fancy.

We're going to have a good bit of space, so…yeah.

Oh, I almost forgot. I finished emptying out the political map last night, so now we have a political map without labels or the old borders:

link.

Can I name the Eastern one Blashyrkh, if anyones familiar with the music of Immortal you'll know it's a fitting name (Their made up land mountainous and freezing cold), I know I didn't make up the name but I like it :D

Sure thing, I'll be sure to put that in when I label stuff tonight.

For the population I was thinking our countries could have maybe 10% or 1% of what they actually have on nationstates, as mine has 2.5 billion and is only 11th largest in the realm :(