Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aabid

I Really Want To Get A 99! :d

Question

I REALLY want a 99! I really want to get a 99. What should I get? I am going to do both F2P and P2P. Would firemaking be a good option? I will lose money, but I will get it up pretty fast. Is there something which you guys recommend. Please note that it can be anything which you guys want. I may want to make money. I really want to get this cape under 3 months.

21 answers to this question

How much are you willing to spend? I'd say Fletching is a decent option if you don't want to lose money.

One of my friends was in a similar situation recently. They chose cooking, it was profitable when they cooked the correct fish and used cooking gauntlets. it's very easy to train, and fast exp. The basic Sal's page has a nice guide on it, but I'll say some stuff anyway.

Banks and ranges:

Al Kahrid- If you're on f2p, this is as good as it gets.

Rogue's Den- Bank touches the fire, but p2p, need 50 agil/thief, and bank moves. Also, fire burns a small amount more than other permanent cooking sources.

Nardah- My personal favorite, close by clay oven.

Sal's has good tips on what to cook, but at higher levels you should go to rocktail, which isn't in Sal's guide, last I checked.

Rogue's Den- Bank touches the fire, but p2p, need 50 agil/thief, and bank moves. Also, fire burns a small amount more than other permanent cooking sources.
you don't need any requirements... I don't think. They might've changed it since I last went there o.o

Firemaking costs like, 4m using maples. Fletching breaks even-ish and cooking is break even or slight loss.

I'd go for Cooking. I enjoyed Cooking more than I did Fletching.

Fletching Cooking or Firemaking are fairly cheap, you could even make a bit of money if you pay attention to the prices for Cooking and Fletching, where as if you are looking to make a bit of money, Woodcutting might help, even at Ivy you can still make money with a Strung Rabbit's Foot. I used this from 75/80 ish at Ivy and made myself between 3 and 5 Million.

Actually Prayer is, I managed to get 82-99 in under 24 Hours, where you could do the highest EXP thing to cook in the game and still spend a few days on it.

I think cooking is and always will be the easiest 99

Can I get it close to 99 in F2P? I know that with maples, I can get 99 firemaking quite easily even in F2P.

Edit:with maplelogs, how much xp/h could i expect in F2P.

If I were to cook,what would I cook? Please tell me what to do in both F2P and P2P. And the xp/h.

Thanks!

Edit:How many hours can I expect from 1 to 99 firemaking? I really want my skillcape! :(

Also, is there a way, which I can click something so I do not have to click each log. Is there a way which I can make it go faster.

Edited by Convicious

Can I get it close to 99 in F2P? I know that with maples, I can get 99 firemaking quite easily even in F2P.

If I were to cook,what would I cook? Please tell me what to do in both F2P and P2P. And the xp/h.

Thanks!

Edit:How many hours can I expect from 1 to 99 firemaking? I really want my skillcape! :(

Also, is there a way, which I can click something so I do not have to click each log. Is there a way which I can make it go faster.

Just cut your own logs until at least 45 fm. I don't know exact hours, but most people with the cape say they burn 1000 logs an hour, and maples are 135exp each, so about 135,000 exp an hour. It is very high, but you do have to click tinderbox then logs, tinderbox logs, each time. In hours, that'd be about 80-120 hours from 45-99, burning around 1000 logs an hour. It's not too expensive, since maples are 40gp. That makes 400k/hour, so the grand total would near 40m.

Thanks!

Just cut your own logs until at least 45 fm. I don't know exact hours, but most people with the cape say they burn 1000 logs an hour, and maples are 135exp each, so about 135,000 exp an hour. It is very high, but you do have to click tinderbox then logs, tinderbox logs, each time. In hours, that'd be about 80-120 hours from 45-99, burning around 1000 logs an hour. It's not too expensive, since maples are 40gp. That makes 400k/hour, so the grand total would near 40m.

1000 x 40gp = 40k...not 400k. SO the grand total would be around 5m I suppose?

Please tell me!

Edited by Convicious

Thanks!

Please tell me!

Sorry, about that math error, brain fart. That sounds right, having 5m before you buy it all at once would work. Yews could be used, but there's a formula for best efficiency for which log to burn based on how much cash you can make per hour, and I belive yews are worth it if you can make 500k/hr. Willows are if you make 30k/hr though, so maples aer the best choice for you for sure. Good luck!

Thanks!

Please tell me!

Sorry, about that math error, brain fart. That sounds right, having 5m before you buy it all at once would work. Yews could be used, but there's a formula for best efficiency for which log to burn based on how much cash you can make per hour, and I belive yews are worth it if you can make 500k/hr. Willows are if you make 30k/hr though, so maples aer the best choice for you for sure. Good luck!

What is the formula? Would I be able to buy em all from the grand exchange? I can't wait to start!

Thanks!

Edit:How many hours can I expect from 1 to 99 firemaking? I really want my skillcape! :D

Please tell me!

What is the formula? Would I be able to buy em all from the grand exchange? I can't wait to start!

To be honest, I fell like you are talking as though you are a 5 year old begging to get something from his parents. If you by any chance discover this amazing thing called Google, or better yet, Sal's Realm (which no even knows about on this site), then about 75% of your questions will be answered in a matter of minutes. :(

Thanks!

Edit:How many hours can I expect from 1 to 99 firemaking? I really want my skillcape! :D

Please tell me!

To be honest, I fell like you are talking as though you are a 5 year old begging to get something from his parents. If you by any chance discover this amazing thing called Google, or better yet, Sal's Realm (which no even knows about on this site), then about 75% of your questions will be answered in a matter of minutes. :(

Sorry! :D Forgive me. Ima go check out Sal's Realm. :P TBH, I always check on google and sal's realm before coming here.

Just saying with the addition of the jadinko lair fire making is more like 2 million gp total, with insane exp. Personally I got 83-92 in roughly 3-4 days.

So does the lair help with xp? How much did you play a day?

Just saying with the addition of the jadinko lair fire making is more like 2 million gp total, with insane exp. Personally I got 83-92 in roughly 3-4 days.

So does the lair help with xp? How much did you play a day?

If you pay decent attention its 230k exp on average, and roughly 3-4 hours a day.

Actually Prayer is, I managed to get 82-99 in under 24 Hours, where you could do the highest EXP thing to cook in the game and still spend a few days on it.

The problem with that is it'll take longer than those extra days it will to get 99 Cooking - Just to make the money to spend on Frost Bones.

Edited by Ice Blue

The problam with that is it'll take longer than those extra days it will to get 99 Cooking - Just to make the money to spend on Frost Bones.

:( We are a great community and we are glad to have you!

BTW I chose firemaking! :D

The problam with that is it'll take longer than those extra days it will to get 99 Cooking - Just to make the money to spend on Frost Bones.

:( We are a great community and we are glad to have you!

BTW I chose firemaking! :P

:D

One of my friends was in a similar situation recently. They chose cooking, it was profitable when they cooked the correct fish and used cooking gauntlets. it's very easy to train, and fast exp. The basic Sal's page has a nice guide on it, but I'll say some stuff anyway.

Banks and ranges:

Al Kahrid- If you're on f2p, this is as good as it gets.

Nardah- My personal favorite, close by clay oven.

Sal's has good tips on what to cook, but at higher levels you should go to rocktail, which isn't in Sal's guide, last I checked.

If he can start and do the first sub quest to Recipe for disaster he can use the bank chest in lumby for the enchanted cooking range/close bank in the cellar. The gloves and the range stack.