Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

Attention Welsh People!

Rwy'n ysgrifennu erthygl am yfory Owain Glyndwr. Mae'n ben-blwydd iddo gael ei goroni'n Tywysog Cymru yn 1400. Mae'r cwestiynau Rwyf am ofyn yw:

• Ydych chi'n credu y dylai 16 Medi fod yn ŵyl y banc?
  • Ydych chi'n meddwl y dylai mwy fod wedi'u gwneud o Sycharth?
  • Ydych chi'n meddwl pawb arall wedi cynnal hyn drwy Google Cyfieithu i gael gwybod beth sy'n cael ei ddweud?

If you would like to be quoted in my article, please PM me with 'a' real name and a vague place, ie Iestyn Jones, Caernafon. Diolch yn fawr!

I do not speak welsh, but lucky for me my cousin does. Or, like in question three she translated with the internet! :(

1. yes

2. no

I can't be bothered to read up on what they are, those are the answers she gave me.

I do not speak welsh, but lucky for me my cousin does. Or, like in question three she translated with the internet! :(

1. yes

2. no

I can't be bothered to read up on what they are, those are the answers she gave me.

Diolch!

Did she say why she went with those answers?

1. yes

2. no

Diolch!

Did she say why she went with those answers?

She did not, she spoke about Sycharth a little bit but I don't understand why she said no or what it's about. I think she just wanted a bank holiday on the 16th, like she thought it was a good idea because she wants one.

'Ydych chi'n credu y dylai 16 Medi fod yn ŵyl y banc'

Is Medi September? Is there something on the 16th of September... 'ŵyl y banc'

You're picking up some Welsh, Doddsy!

I explained that September 16th 1400 was the day when the last Prince of Wales, Owain Glyndwr, was crowned. Over the years, there have been calls for this to be a bank holiday in Wales. Should it be? Also he had a mansion in Powys, which was burnt to the ground by Henry V. The site is down a country lane with barely anything identifying that it's there. You have to know where it is, then go right into the field, before you see the CADW information board. Should more be done with that site?

The third question was just me asking how many people were reading this in Google Translate. LOL

Yr ateb i cwestiwn tri yw ie!

*dies*

:(

Mods: This thread can now be closed, if you like, as I've now written the article. I only got one useable quote, which turns up at the very end:

Yet the legacy of the last Welsh Prince of Wales limps on regardless. On the eve of Owain Glyndwr Day 2011, James Edwards, a teenager from Llanelli, was educating gaming friends, in a chat channel of the MMORPG Runescape. "There should definitely be a bank holiday for him. He stood up for us, and our language, when many others before he didn't. Sycharth would be a great place to remember Owain Glyndwr."

And no, I'm not identifying Mr Edwards. *cough* Personal information. *cough* Though if anyone wanted to go and start a debate about Owain Glyndwr Day, in the debate lounge, I'd be more than happy to join in. :D