Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blightstain

Fastest Way To Get A Defender/tokens?

Question

Just realized I had reqs. for Warriors' Guild and wanted to know which is the best/fastest way to get a sufficient amount of tokens to last me until a dragon defender.

Could anyone help?

7 answers to this question

Aim for 200 of each token, then use all 5 of the tokens at one go using the shared option, I personally managed to get up to 8 Dragon Defenders in this time, so Bronze - Dragon could be possible, if you would rather play it safe get 300/400 or so and see where you go, as for fastest ways to get the tokens, everything is a grind apart from the Animator room, use Mithril Armour there and you should be fine to attempt at a defender within a hour or two. Best of luck to you :(

Shared tokens..

I got 1k each, and went for my d def.

It really depends on luck, but shared makes defenders much more common, plus with the bonus of noted items.. (shared even makes it drop 2 noted bigbones per kill)

Personally it took me a few hrs to make it upto mithril, but mith to drag took me less than 30mins (lucky me =D)

I got dragon on my 2nd kill after rune =D

to get combat tokens, use mithril armour.. Easy kill, and good amt of tokens, keep atleast 2 spare mithril sets, as they degrade when u fight them, although its much rarer than bronze-steel.. For everything else, just do what your supposed to lol...

It all boils down to luck, but personally i used about 150 tokens in Shared mode to last me from Non-existant Defender to 2 Dragon Defenders

I don't think you need to bother with shared. Wear some good armor (rune at minimum), then use steel or black armor on the armor maker. Get about 1000 tokens, eat trout if you need to. Kill the cyclops. Use protect on the cyclossus, and corner yourself while fighting it. Wear whatever defender you get, it makes you have a higher chance of getting the next one. Use a dragon scimitar, whip, or ss, there is better stuff such as chaotics, but those are very hard to get.

I don't think you need to bother with shared. Wear some good armor (rune at minimum), then use steel or black armor on the armor maker. Get about 1000 tokens, eat trout if you need to. Kill the cyclops. Use protect on the cyclossus, and corner yourself while fighting it. Wear whatever defender you get, it makes you have a higher chance of getting the next one. Use a dragon scimitar, whip, or ss, there is better stuff such as chaotics, but those are very hard to get.

Seriously it is so good to use shared, without it I was stuck on a Steel defender for over 1000 tokens, this is down to awful luck but if you do all of the tokens you don't only get a higher chance of a defender, but you also get noted drops, picking up the bones alone can give you a fair bit of money back from what you spend on food and potions.

It all boils down to luck, but personally i used about 150 tokens in Shared mode to last me from Non-existant Defender to 2 Dragon Defenders

That's about how i was.

I got all my defenders within about 100 tokens. :(