Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cash money95

Could The War Be Over?

I was recently searching the internet to find out exactly how the bot prevention things work for RuneScape, and I came across something very intriguing. I was connected to the RSBuddy forum, one of the most common botting sites in the game. When I looked through the topic posts in the forum, I noticed that there were 4 stickies, and a "resolved" section, but not one topic in the section where users can post. It looked pretty strange to me, so I checked out the "resolved" section. Sure enough, 17 pages of topics, probably 85% of which were titled, "are we coming to the end?" or "is RSBuddy gone?" Reading some of these posts informed me that NO ONE from RSBuddy has been able to load their bots in almost a week. Some went as far as to quote some statements from Jagex, which said things like "by Tuesday the 25th, we are going to include something that will eliminate 98% of the bots, both reflection and injection bots." RSBuddy happens to combine both in their bot. Also, there have been 0 posts by the staff saying that the bot will be up soon, and all new topics complaining of the problem are instantly close or moved to the "resolved" section.

So, do you think this could finally be what we were waiting for, or is this just a bump in the road for the bots? I myself feel pretty encouraged by this discovery. :(

Maybe this isn't accurate, but check it out for yourself:

[links removed]

Statement From Jagex

Edited by Xaria
Please don't link to sites which promote bots. ~X

Lol rsbuddy is still running. Half the people on rsBuddy are 24/7ing their bots, the other half are laying low. Arbiter, a developer at RSbuddy, has given some suggestion that the reflection part of rsbuddy can be changed easily, but he seemed to shut up when it was mentioned that reflection based bots would get owned, too.

That forum is empty because the client is very stable. I tested out bots, they still work fine. shizzle might go down on Tuesday, we'll see. There are still plenty of bots in game right now, though.

Lol rsbuddy is still running. Half the people on rsBuddy are 24/7ing their bots, the other half are laying low. Arbiter, a developer at RSbuddy, has given some suggestion that the reflection part of rsbuddy can be changed easily, but he seemed to shut up when it was mentioned that reflection based bots would get owned, too.

That forum is empty because the client is very stable. I tested out bots, they still work fine. shizzle might go down on Tuesday, we'll see. There are still plenty of bots in game right now, though.

lol u tested?!?hope it was a dummy account.........anyway,hope the new antib0t (nuke) actually works :(

Nope, doubt it will be. There will still be 10k+ bots, easily.

The forums wouldn't be completely empty dude. There's a sticky at the top saying that they know the bot is down, they can't do anything about it, and to stop spamming.

What do they mean by 'reflection' and 'injection'?

The remaining 2% bots will just become the mainstream bots. The definite way of fixing this is removing ft.

The remaining 2% bots will just become the mainstream bots. The definite way of fixing this is removing ft.

Only if the there able to decrease the price of those 2% bots since there the best, I read somewhere 1 of them costs something like $500

Only if the there able to decrease the price of those 2% bots since there the best, I read somewhere 1 of them costs something like $500

That's insane. Who would pay $500 for a thing that plays with pixels for you?

i really, really, really, really hope this is true.

but something tells me that 98% of bots gone for good is too much to ask/hope for :(

Insanely rich lonely people?

If this is true, then basic resources are gonna sky rocket. I'm gonna start investing, anyone else thinking the same way?

And if the items don't go up and bots don't disappear? Also, 98% seems to good to be true, but we can all hope.

Insanely rich lonely people?

Or those looking to make money. If the $500 programs don't get you banned, then I'm sure people would buy them and use them to gold farm on hundreds of accounts, making more than enough rsgp to make the original $500 investment look like tiddly winks. Gold farming can be a very good way to earn money for students.

I hope this doesn't screw with the economy, or if it does that everything rises so that certain training methods don't become obsolete. I really do hope this will end botting, or at least lower the amount by a lot. If this works, it could be the most important update in the history of this game! :(

I'd just like to point out that "The War" is something that is always back and forth. Jagex will probably prevail here for an undetermined amount of time, and then ways around it will be discovered. It's the same way in the Virus/Antivirus businesses.

This will stop most but it won't be over. There were still bots in the days with no free trade. They will always be with us....

This. Bots can't be stopped, but they can be prevented widespread.

There are still injection bots...

I know some bots are currently operating on both reflection and some injection which would cover the 98% that Jagex speak of. The scripters will just go to injection only. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, as injection bots are much easier to detect and ban.

Bots will never go unless there isn't a market for them to be sold. Getting rid of free trade is the only real way to get rid of the majority of bots IMO

This will stop most but it won't be over. There were still bots in the days with no free trade. They will always be with us....

agreed,its like trying to eradicate a virus.u can prevent/treat it, but they will always come back once they find a way how to go around this upday :( :D :P

agreed,its like trying to eradicate a virus.u can prevent/treat it, but they will always come back once they find a way how to go around this upday :( :D :P

Killing the source, (Free trade/animals), will help greatly fighting bots.