Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cash money95

Crashing Resources?

How could all resources (mostly ores and logs) be crashing? The demand must be higher now that the bots aren't getting a ton of them, so wouldn't they be rising?

How could all resources (mostly ores and logs) be crashing? The demand must be higher now that the bots aren't getting a ton of them, so wouldn't they be rising?

nah, they will stay the same cause bot skillers will not buy any resources too remember that :(

Well there isn't as much demand as don't forget bots didn't just collect resources as well, they must have turned the ores into bars and logs for firemkaing or fletching.

Everyone blames the bots for the 'bad economy', but truthfully, the economy is fine whether there are bots or not - the bots being there just increase demand for most things.

The balances of the supply and demand change of course as there are will inevitably be more bots creating x item than using x item and vice versa.

Well there isn't as much demand as don't forget bots didn't just collect resources as well, they must have turned the ores into bars and logs for firemkaing or fletching.

But even things like food are crashing, and those are used for tons of different things.

My guess is now that bots can't get any more resources, they are just selling all their stocks. I know they pride themselves in getting thousands upon thousands of logs before selling them, but now that it looks like their clients won't be working anymore, they are just selling all that they have.

This means a TON of resources are being pumped through the Grand Exchange making the prices plummet.

Wait a month or so, and prices may well have settled into recognisable patterns.

Remember, there was a huge amount of speculation going on, particularly with regards to botted materiel that was kept in case prices go up. It will take a long time to get most of that stuff out of the system.

Really, the demand for resources is higher now that bots are "gone?" Keep in mind there are fletching, smithing, cooking, crafting and many other resource using bots. A lot of legit players do not use the same training methods as bots. For example, most bots train smithing with gold bars while actual players make adamant plates or some other faster xp method. So, as the bots leave, not many people buy such materials because the xp is simply too slow. Also there are people who only train with bots. I am referring to the type of people that only level a skill when they do not have to do any work at all. So, overall, the demand for resources is much less and keep in mind there was a flood of goods into the market around Tuesday when skeptics dumped all of their stockpiled goods because they were unsure whether Jagex was honest about their intentions.

Edited by Funny Bunny

Really, the demand for resources is higher now that bots are "gone?" Keep in mind there are fletching, smithing, cooking, crafting and many other resource using bots. A lot of legit players do not use the same training methods as bots. For example, most bots train smithing with gold bars while actual players make adamant plates or some other faster xp method. So, as the bots leave, not many people buy such materials because the xp is simply too slow. Also there are people who only train with bots. I am referring to the type of people that only level a skill when they do not have to do any work at all. So, overall, the demand for resources is much less and keep in mind there was a flood of goods into the market around Tuesday when skeptics dumped all of their stockpiled goods because they were unsure whether Jagex was honest about their intentions.

Sounds pretty true now that I think about it. Too bad I thought investing in yew logs would be a good idea. :(

I'm sure it will even out in about a month or so. RWT and botters are selling everything they have been making, so the price is going down. It'll even out pretty soon I'm sure.

Wait a month or so, and prices may well have settled into recognisable patterns.

Remember, there was a huge amount of speculation going on, particularly with regards to botted materiel that was kept in case prices go up. It will take a long time to get most of that stuff out of the system.

this

a new equilibrium has to be reached, until then all bets are off

I'm holding out with my investment of yew log investment. Eventually, all botted logs will be used up, and then ther will hardly be any, because real players have to get them, and they'll be expensive.

I'm holding out with my investment of yew log investment. Eventually, all botted logs will be used up, and then ther will hardly be any, because real players have to get them, and they'll be expensive.

Not necessarily, because the might just level out at about 350 or so. There's no increase in demand, so they might still crash.

Not necessarily, because the might just level out at about 350 or so. There's no increase in demand, so they might still crash.

what he said...the reason is while there are no more bots making resources,there also won't be firemaking and fletching bots